North Korea secrets exposed by satellites

• 103 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
North Korea secrets exposed by satellites
« on: April 24, 2014, 04:16:46 AM »
North Korea can't hide their military secrets any more because of satellites. Anyone can go to Google earth and see the whole country down to cars traveling in the cities. Of course street view will not be possible.North Korea secretes exposed by satellites

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: North Korea secrets exposed by satellites
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:38 AM »
Why won't street view be possible? I thought satellites can read newspapers and spot car number plates, etc?
Wake up, you're too old for all this nonsense.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 04:20:44 AM »
Why won't street view be possible? I thought satellites can read newspapers and spot car number plates, etc?
Wake up, you're too old for all this nonsense.

Because street view is done with these cars:

*FACEPALM*

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:53:28 AM »
Of course they're done with cars. Just the same as aerial view is done with helicopters and planes.

Apparently though. Your lovely satellites can read papers and car number plates. Have a look at your home on google Earth...you know, from space, not from CARS.
You know google Earth?
It starts as a globe from space and you type in your area code, then it zooms in, in cartoon mode until it gets through the clouds...then it magically turns into real life mode where you can zoom into your STREET and see your HOUSE quite clearly.

Facepalm indeed. For simply saying that I would smack your arse for being a cringeworthy git.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:15:11 AM »
You've got no idea whatsoever what the capabilities of the Google's satellite is, do you?  ::)

Does it hurt to be stupid? Probably not, because if it did, you'd be in a world of pain xD

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:35:39 AM »
Of course they're done with cars. Just the same as aerial view is done with helicopters and planes.

Yeah, good luck with that over North Korea.  Some of the best air defenses on the planet - you would be shot down in seconds.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Starman

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 06:03:51 AM »

Apparently though. Your lovely satellites can read papers and car number plates. Have a look at your home on google Earth...you know, from space, not from CARS.
You know google Earth?
It starts as a globe from space and you type in your area code, then it zooms in, in cartoon mode until it gets through the clouds...then it magically turns into real life mode where you can zoom into your STREET and see your HOUSE quite clearly.

Facepalm indeed. For simply saying that I would smack your arse for being a cringeworthy git.  ;D
Do you think the government is going to let Google map their country so all the world will see it. I think not. Special satellites do have high resolution capability but Google earth is not going to give that for free.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:55 AM »
You've got no idea whatsoever what the capabilities of the Google's satellite is, do you?  ::)

Does it hurt to be stupid? Probably not, because if it did, you'd be in a world of pain xD
The silly part is, you have only got to know what the capabilities of satellites are because you see a cartoon google Earth and think it's all real.
Being naive is painless I suppose. Is it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:47:53 AM »

Yeah, good luck with that over North Korea.  Some of the best air defenses on the planet - you would be shot down in seconds.
Sometimes it's best to question what you're told, don't you think?

?

Starman

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »

The silly part is, you have only got to know what the capabilities of satellites are because you see a cartoon google Earth and think it's all real.
Google have a free version that most people use and a commercial version with higher resolution. It is that simple.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 07:07:42 AM »

Google have a free version that most people use and a commercial version with higher resolution. It is that simple.
What do you mean, 'a commercial version with higher resolution?' What's that supposed to indicate?

?

Starman

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »

What do you mean, 'a commercial version with higher resolution?' What's that supposed to indicate?
Here is some information on it.
http://www.satimagingcorp.com/contact/google_earth/
https://www.google.ca/enterprise/mapsearth/products/earthpro.html

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 07:26:53 AM »

So, what am I supposed to be seeing that's much different, except higher resolution of images?

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:04 AM »

So, what am I supposed to be seeing that's much different, except higher resolution of images?

*FACEPALM*

?

Starman

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »

High resolution can mean a lot in areas for certain companies doing research or development. Either way there are countries that don't want show their military facilities. They can't stop satellite imagery.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »

High resolution can mean a lot in areas for certain companies doing research or development. Either way there are countries that don't want show their military facilities. They can't stop satellite imagery.
So what's this higher resolution doing to spot military stuff. I can see my cars quite clearly at my home with ordinary google Earth, so what does this high resolution see, camouflaged snipers in long grass?

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
satellites exist, yes even on our FE, they are caught in the same wake the moon, sun and, stars are, circling the disc. 

?

Starman

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »

So what's this higher resolution doing to spot military stuff. I can see my cars quite clearly at my home with ordinary google Earth, so what does this high resolution see, camouflaged snipers in long grass?
I thought you did not believe Google earth is real? Either way the average person can view all of the terrain of North Korea. The USA and Russia have spy satellite that have very high resolution to see more detail. They can see all the radar sites, training camps, airports, military bases, communication centers and troop activity.  All the information is not from spy on the ground. That was Saddam Hussein down fall. They dissected his military because they had all the satellite information they needed.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:09 PM »
satellites exist, yes even on our FE, they are caught in the same wake the moon, sun and, stars are, circling the disc.

Yea, because you know, stuff that travels in a circular motion in space without propulsion don't fall down...  ::)

*FACEPALM*

?

tappet

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »
In your Google earth fantasy world they forgot to add the moon. Plenty of stars though.

?

Starman

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:21 PM »
In your Google earth fantasy world they forgot to add the moon. Plenty of stars though.
Go to view/explore/moon
you will see it in detail.

?

tappet

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »
It takes me to Pennsylvania.

?

Starman

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »
He he. Look at the very top on the left. you will see "File Edit View Tools Add Help".  select view/explore/moon

?

Starman

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
Even the back of the moon is mapped.

?

tappet

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »
He he. Look at the very top on the left. you will see "File Edit View Tools Add Help".  select view/explore/moon
I have done this and no moon appears.

?

tappet

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »
So a photograph taken from the moon will show earth but no stars.
A photograph taken from a satellite Google uses will show stars but no moon. ???

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Hmmm... seems a little suspicious to me. 

?

Starman

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 05:21:54 PM »
A photograph taken from a satellite Google uses will show stars but no moon. ???
Google can add  image layers to make it look appealing if you want.

?

Starman

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
I have done this and no moon appears.
Do you see you will see "File Edit View Tools Add Help" on top of Google earth? Also do you have the latest version.

?

tappet

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
Google can add  image layers to make it look appealing if you want.
What, do you mean because it is fake they can add a moon in there for me?