90% of RE beliefs

• 187 Replies

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
Re: 90% of RE beliefs
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »
What's the reason the ether bubble can't travel through the container at the speed of light or faster?
Light speed is defined by ether. We are moving relative to the container, through the container.
The container is ether-less, and so special relativity is obsolete on the scale of the ether bubble as a whole.
This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. 

Sign me up!
How does that not make sense? I think it was pretty concise and logical.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »

How does that not make sense?
The individual words are OK, it's the sentences I'm struggling with.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »

How does that not make sense?
The individual words are OK, it's the sentences I'm struggling with.
Elaborate.

I am correct.

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
Yes, it is very different, because now it's not about "outside the universe" (which can't be proven), now you're talking inside of it, which you should be able to prove. So bring forth your proof.

Also, now that you're talking inside the universe, having x point from within the "bubble" (lol), where you claim that relativistic limits apply (i.e. the speed of light), then you've got a pretty good reason why the whole bubble can't be going faster than the speed of light. The objects inside of it will eventually move at close to and faster than the speed of light, in reference to objects outside of the bubble, which gets to the same problem: we should expect to have infinite mass now.

By the way, if you don't understand the importance of the peer review process, I really don't understand why you think you're even qualified to argue about science  ???...
I understand the importance of peer review.
I'm not sure if anyone is capable of peer-reviewing Einstein. I mean, the guy's name is used as a turn of phrase (usually sarcastically) to describe someone extremely intelligent. He's like the epitome of physicists. Well, that's how he's regarded. The fact that any of that relativity nonsense got out and was accepted after being peer-reviewed makes me question the process, however.

What's the reason the ether bubble can't travel through the container at the speed of light or faster?
Light speed is defined by ether. We are moving relative to the container, through the container.
The container is ether-less, and so special relativity is obsolete on the scale of the ether bubble as a whole.

There are too many unfounded claims here, but I already explained why it can't go faster than the speed of light (the points in space outside the bubble relative to those within the bubble would make the matter inside the bubble reach the speed of light -> impossible).

Would be nice to have some proof once in awhile though.
The speed of light remains constant in the presence of ether, but without ether the speed of light is not.
Therefore, when using an ether-less point as a frame of reference, special relativity does not apply.
Think of our ether-bubble as a single object accelerating through the ether-less environment.

Why would it not apply? Especially since we're talking inside of it, not outside. Even if relativity does not apply outside, the points outside are still a frame of reference for the ones inside, where it's impossible to even reach c.

And as I said, there are too many unfounded claims here. First of all, how do you know there's no "aether" outside? How do you know light has no speed limit without it? Especially since if talking about it like a medium, then it's not that light would have no limit, it's that it would have no speed at all...  ???

And the "bubble" being as a single object, then you've got the same problems as before, what with accelerating every point in space within that object, clearly not conforming to reality. Unless of course this acceleration doesn't act on all points in space within the bubble, which then brings you back to the "shielding" part, and why the sun doesn't just fall on the earth, it not being shielded and all.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2014, 09:57:31 PM »
Yes, it is very different, because now it's not about "outside the universe" (which can't be proven), now you're talking inside of it, which you should be able to prove. So bring forth your proof.

Also, now that you're talking inside the universe, having x point from within the "bubble" (lol), where you claim that relativistic limits apply (i.e. the speed of light), then you've got a pretty good reason why the whole bubble can't be going faster than the speed of light. The objects inside of it will eventually move at close to and faster than the speed of light, in reference to objects outside of the bubble, which gets to the same problem: we should expect to have infinite mass now.

By the way, if you don't understand the importance of the peer review process, I really don't understand why you think you're even qualified to argue about science  ???...
I understand the importance of peer review.
I'm not sure if anyone is capable of peer-reviewing Einstein. I mean, the guy's name is used as a turn of phrase (usually sarcastically) to describe someone extremely intelligent. He's like the epitome of physicists. Well, that's how he's regarded. The fact that any of that relativity nonsense got out and was accepted after being peer-reviewed makes me question the process, however.

There are too many unfounded claims here, but I already explained why it can't go faster than the speed of light (the points in space outside the bubble relative to those within the bubble would make the matter inside the bubble reach the speed of light -> impossible).

Would be nice to have some proof once in awhile though.
The speed of light remains constant in the presence of ether, but without ether the speed of light is not.
Therefore, when using an ether-less point as a frame of reference, special relativity does not apply.
Think of our ether-bubble as a single object accelerating through the ether-less environment.

Why would it not apply? Especially since we're talking inside of it, not outside. Even if relativity does not apply outside, the points outside are still a frame of reference for the ones inside, where it's impossible to even reach c.

And as I said, there are too many unfounded claims here. First of all, how do you know there's no "aether" outside? How do you know light has no speed limit without it? Especially since if talking about it like a medium, then it's not that light would have no limit, it's that it would have no speed at all...  ???

And the "bubble" being as a single object, then you've got the same problems as before, what with accelerating every point in space within that object, clearly not conforming to reality. Unless of course this acceleration doesn't act on all points in space within the bubble, which then brings you back to the "shielding" part, and why the sun doesn't just fall on the earth, it not being shielded and all.
It wouldn't apply because the bubble is an object being accelerated relative to the ether-less environment. What's the problem?
The speed of light isn't defined outside the bubble.
Ether slows down light to a constant speed.
I still don't know what shielding is.

I am correct.

« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2014, 04:26:55 AM »
It doesn't matter if the other points in space the bubble is relative to allow the speed of light to go faster (which doesn't really make any sense, but whatever), if you have a point of reference, then you have speed. The acceleration of the bubble makes it, and everything inside of it, have speed, which cannot reach or go beyond the speed of light.

As far as people have pointed out in this thread, the supposed "aether" is a medium in which EM waves (ex: light) travel (like an atmosphere for sound). Without it, light (and EM waves) are supposed to not propagate.

The shielding, as that other guy said, is when you jump, but then fall down, because this acceleration doesn't reach you because it's shielded by the earth. If that's the case, the sun should fall on the earth too.
If shielding doesn't exist, then people shouldn't fall back down on earth when they jump.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2014, 07:47:20 AM »
Well first of all, it's not universal anymore.
Second of all, since in your model the sun is only a few kilometers wide, it is effectively "shielded" by the earth, but somehow it's not falling down.

So yeah, you either have to rethink it altogether (taking my advice and naming it the "convenient acceleration" after that) or make up more bullshit to fit this discrepancy  ;D
If it is windy in your town, does it cease to be so if you take cover behind a wall which blocks it?  The UA does not require permeability to be universal.  As to the Sun, it is likely located at or above the reformation zone of the UA thus is also directly affected by it.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2014, 08:58:53 AM »
It doesn't matter if the other points in space the bubble is relative to allow the speed of light to go faster (which doesn't really make any sense, but whatever), if you have a point of reference, then you have speed. The acceleration of the bubble makes it, and everything inside of it, have speed, which cannot reach or go beyond the speed of light.

As far as people have pointed out in this thread, the supposed "aether" is a medium in which EM waves (ex: light) travel (like an atmosphere for sound). Without it, light (and EM waves) are supposed to not propagate.

The shielding, as that other guy said, is when you jump, but then fall down, because this acceleration doesn't reach you because it's shielded by the earth. If that's the case, the sun should fall on the earth too.
If shielding doesn't exist, then people shouldn't fall back down on earth when they jump.
The main thing that you're missing is that ether dictates the speed of light, for the millionth time. If you cannot understand the ramifications that this has on the theory of special relativity, I'm not sure what to tell you.
There is volume in the container.
Place a theoretical FoR here.
Accelerate a rock upwards relative to the FoR, the speed of light is not constant, so the rock can accelerate indefinitely.
The ether-bubble is accelerating uniformly. However, there is "space" outside the bubble to act as a medium for the bubble itself.
You are standing in the bubble. You are being accelerated at 9.81 m/s^2, and you jump.
The Earth catches up with you, because all volume and space is not located within the bubble. Rather, there is an infinite amount of space outside the bubble, which has the property of volume.
I understand the problem with all of space-time accelerating uniformly, but it isn't.
Not like space-time exists, anyway.

I am correct.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »

The main thing that you're missing is that ether dictates the speed of light, for the millionth time. If you cannot understand the ramifications that this has on the theory of special relativity, I'm not sure what to tell you.
Accelerate a rock upwards relative to the FoR, the speed of light is not constant, so the rock can accelerate indefinitely.
The ether-bubble is accelerating uniformly. However, there is "space" outside the bubble to act as a medium for the bubble itself.
You are standing in the bubble. You are being accelerated at 9.81 m/s^2, and you jump.
The Earth catches up with you, because all volume and space is not located within the bubble. Rather, there is an infinite amount of space outside the bubble, which has the property of volume.
I understand the problem with all of space-time accelerating uniformly, but it isn't.

Hold the phone. Space-time doesn't exist? ???

Please try and familiarize yourself with what space-time is. It is not anything crazy.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »

Please try and familiarize yourself with what space-time is. It is not anything crazy.
It doesn't exist as a malleable fabric. Preposterous.

I am correct.

« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2014, 09:28:13 AM »
Second of all, since in your model the sun is only a few kilometers wide, it is effectively "shielded" by the earth, but somehow it's not falling down.

So yeah, you either have to rethink it altogether (taking my advice and naming it the "convenient acceleration" after that) or make up more bullshit to fit this discrepancy  ;D
If it is windy in your town, does it cease to be so if you take cover behind a wall which blocks it?  The UA does not require permeability to be universal.  As to the Sun, it is likely located at or above the reformation zone of the UA thus is also directly affected by it.

Do you know what universal is? Do you know what gravity is universal? Because it acts on everything, the gravity from the center of the milky way affects you too...  ::)
Well at least you took my advice and came up with some more bullshit which you can never scientifically explain xD

A few posts ago you agreed that there's space outside the "bubble"  ::)
Also a few posts ago you said that you don't really know what the "aether" is or what it does, and you still lack any kind of evidence for this claim.

Why does the earth catch up to you? You jump, your acceleration rises to say 20m/s2 for a few miliseconds, then it drops down to 9.8. It doesn't catch up to you, you just slow down to the same speed the earth had. In order for it to catch you, your own acceleration needs to drop below 9.8, which beats the whole "universal" aspect of it. It even beats the whole "bubble" aspect of it too.

The last sentence deserves:
*FACEPALM*
You're going into scepti kind of crazy xD

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »

Do you know what universal is? Do you know what gravity is universal? Because it acts on everything, the gravity from the center of the milky way affects you too...  ::)
Well at least you took my advice and came up with some more bullshit which you can never scientifically explain xD

A few posts ago you agreed that there's space outside the "bubble"  ::)
Also a few posts ago you said that you don't really know what the "aether" is or what it does, and you still lack any kind of evidence for this claim.

Why does the earth catch up to you? You jump, your acceleration rises to say 20m/s2 for a few miliseconds, then it drops down to 9.8. It doesn't catch up to you, you just slow down to the same speed the earth had. In order for it to catch you, your own acceleration needs to drop below 9.8, which beats the whole "universal" aspect of it. It even beats the whole "bubble" aspect of it too.

The last sentence deserves:
*FACEPALM*
You're going into scepti kind of crazy xD
A few posts ago I said there was space outside the bubble, and I'm still saying that. What do you mean?
When did I say I don't know what ether is or what it does? It acts as a light-medium, and sets light speed as a constant in our ether-permeated bubble.
The Earth catches up to you because [your idea of] space-time is not being accelerated.
I'm not going scepti, nor will I ever.
You're simply not understanding.

I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
So, I guess "Donk3y" decided to stop making an ass of himself.
Pun intended.
I guess I can chalk this up as a win.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:40:41 AM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2014, 09:07:28 AM »

This is a claim as outrageous as some of the old ones (some 2 or 3 years ago), where intelligent ink was proposed to avoid accepting that human perception is easy to fool.

You are rewriting the whole theories of Relativity just because you do not like them. The starting point of Special Relativity is the demonstration that the ether you are mentioning does not exist. You could just as disingenuously have declared that microscopic pixies push and pull the light waves to make them go at the speed your whim wants.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »

This is a claim as outrageous as some of the old ones (some 2 or 3 years ago), where intelligent ink was proposed to avoid accepting that human perception is easy to fool.

You are rewriting the whole theories of Relativity just because you do not like them. The starting point of Special Relativity is the demonstration that the ether you are mentioning does not exist. You could just as disingenuously have declared that microscopic pixies push and pull the light waves to make them go at the speed your whim wants.
I don't like general relativity because as a whole, it's a fallacy. Something can't be caused by nothing.
If you'd read the thread, I've posted a few resources for the claim that Einstein had stated that some form of ether must exist.
If you take relativity as doctrine, you must not reject the man's words on the subject of ether.

http://aetherforce.com/electrical-engineer-disproves-einsteins-relativity-theory-the-ruins-of-106-years-relativity/
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/history/Extras/Einstein_ether.html
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ether_and_the_Theory_of_Relativity
http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/tesla-vs-einstein-the-ether-the-birth-of-the-new-physics

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/8501-why-einsteins-relativity-theory-plain-wrong.html

I am correct.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »
I don't like general relativity because as a whole, it's a fallacy. Something can't be caused by nothing.
Ummm...  That's Quantum Mechanics, not GR.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_foam
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
Ummm...  That's Quantum Mechanics, not GR.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_foam
Well, apparently it is both.

I am correct.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
???  Where does GR say that something can be caused by nothing?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
Quote from: Nikola Tesla
"...Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curving of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies, and producing the opposite effects, straightening out the curves. Since action and reaction are coexistent, it follows that the supposed curvature of space is entirely impossible - But even if it existed it would not explain the motions of the bodies, as observed."

I am correct.

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2014, 02:00:34 AM »
"...Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curving of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies, and producing the opposite effects, straightening out the curves. Since action and reaction are coexistent, it follows that the supposed curvature of space is entirely impossible - But even if it existed it would not explain the motions of the bodies, as observed."
Tesla also didn't believe in electrons, or any other sub-atomic particle come to that.  You have merely stated the (rather confused) opinion of an electronic engineer (albeit a brilliant one), who's views on almost all theoretical physics turned out to be wrong.

Can you find me a living physicist who thinks GR means "something can be caused by nothing"?  Quick, get googling!

Anyway, now you have rejected Relativity and gravity, you have chucked out the equivalence principle, which is predicated on both.  Ooops. 

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2014, 05:36:28 AM »
So GR  doesn't say it, Tesla does.  Thanks for clearing that up.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2014, 09:00:28 AM »
So GR  doesn't say it, Tesla does.  Thanks for clearing that up.
I provided the link to space-time for a reason.

I am correct.

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
Are you going to tell us what that reason is?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2014, 10:19:48 AM »

I am correct.

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
Are some posts going missing from this thread or something?  I'm having trouble working out who you are replying to and why?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »
You are having trouble figuring out how this forum works? 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2014, 01:07:33 PM »

Apparently Einstein thinks that it does and gravitational lensing seems to support that notion.  Or is the fabric of space-time metaphor too hard to grasp?

« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:54 AM »
I'm having trouble figuring out how th3rm0m3t3r0 works.

But thanks for another one of your rhetorical questions.  It was very helpful and constructive, as usual.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2014, 09:27:03 AM »
I'm having trouble figuring out how th3rm0m3t3r0 works.

But thanks for another one of your rhetorical questions.  It was very helpful and constructive, as usual.
Care to actually contribute to the discussion, crabby?

I am correct.