Can anyone spot the error?

• 1032 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Re: Can anyone spot the error?
« Reply #450 on: May 03, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »
I took both pictures of these pictures. What is wrong or what can you conclude of these pictures. This is a test to see how you see things.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:53:27 PM by Starman »

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #451 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »
I took both pictures of these pictures. What is wrong or what can you conclude of these pictures.

That's more like it.

1. The first photo appears to show a plane falling from the sky.
2. The second photo shows a cloud of smoke, or steam, in the background, with people milling around in the foreground.

The two photos are probably not connected as everyone in the second photo seems relaxed and calm.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #452 on: May 03, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »
I took both pictures of these pictures.

Why would you take a picture of a picture?  Seems sort of redundant or possibly even criminal. 

?

Starman

« Reply #453 on: May 03, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
Do you see the red color in the smoke of the falling airplane.

?

Starman

« Reply #454 on: May 03, 2014, 02:01:06 PM »

Why would you take a picture of a picture?  Seems sort of redundant or possibly even criminal.
I did not type that right. I took both picture myself.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #455 on: May 03, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

Come on, what is the secret? It's not that interesting, surely?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Starman

« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »

I want to show you how you can see two pictures and make conclusion from it. Do you see the red color in the smoke of the first airplane.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #457 on: May 03, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »

I don't know.  I have never seen a real plane crash.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »

I want to show you how you can see two pictures and make conclusion from it. Do you see the red color in the smoke of the first airplane.

Stop waffling. What do you think the two pictures show? Just answer and stop trying to create suspense.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #459 on: May 03, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »

Not really, no.

?

Starman

« Reply #460 on: May 03, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »

Not really, no.
Just above the tail in the smoke.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #461 on: May 03, 2014, 02:17:25 PM »
I've got it!

One - shows a satellite falling to earth (thereby proving their existence).
Two - shows Martians having a get together enjoying a couple of Mars geysers.

Do I win a prize?

?

Starman

« Reply #462 on: May 03, 2014, 02:22:02 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?
Sorry. Maybe the aliens shot the plane and the people on the ground are barbecuing an elephant.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #463 on: May 03, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?
Sorry. Maybe the aliens shot the plane and the people on the ground are barbecuing an elephant.

So, what do your photos really show,  starman. It had better be good....

?

Starman

« Reply #464 on: May 03, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

You assume that I could not be so lucky to take picture of a crash. Is that right?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #465 on: May 03, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

You assume that I could not be so lucky to take picture of a crash. Is that right?

Stop asking questions. I don't give a **** what your(?) photos show. Are you still breast feeding? Do you need nourishment?

?

Starman

« Reply #466 on: May 03, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

Stop asking questions. I don't give a **** what your(?) photos show. Are you still breast feeding? Do you need nourishment?
Wow you sure don't have any patience. Are you behind on your Ritalin? I want to let others give their open opinion of the pictures. Can you wait a bit?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #467 on: May 03, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

Wow you sure don't have any patience. Are you behind on your Ritalin? I want to let others give their open opinion of the pictures. Can you wait a bit?

I'm happy to wait forever. You will never be as logical as I am. You either have it, or you don't. You've appealed to authority many times (in the couple of days I've been here). My advice to you is; don't hang around with the adults. You aren't ready buddy. Maybe in a few years. Or maybe not. Probably not.

?

Starman

« Reply #468 on: May 03, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

I'm happy to wait forever. You will never be as logical as I am. You either have it, or you don't. You've appealed to authority many times (in the couple of days I've been here). My advice to you is; don't hang around with the adults. You aren't ready buddy. Maybe in a few years. Or maybe not. Probably not.
How old are you?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #469 on: May 03, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

How old are you?

Forties. And you? Or do you want people to guess??? And drag it out like you have with your uninteresting 'plane test'?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #470 on: May 03, 2014, 03:01:44 PM »
How old are you?

You are starting to come across as a creeper. 

?

Starman

« Reply #471 on: May 03, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

How old are you?

Forties. And you? Or do you want people to guess??? And drag it out like you have with your uninteresting 'plane test'?
If you looked my profile it is 64. I am not afraid to show it and why not. One reason of the test is to see how guys like you react to items like that. You become frustrated, can't debate properly, you can't be nice or serious and become full of yourself.  Here are your words: "You will never be as logical as I am". You seem to give the impression you are always right and never wrong. You pass the test as a real FE'er. By the way why are you so angry? I have to go for a few hours...

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #472 on: May 03, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
I've got it!

Do I win a prize?

How old are you?

If you looked my profile it is 64. I am not afraid to show it and why not. One reason of the test is to see how guys like you react to items like that. You become frustrated, can't debate properly, you can't be nice or serious and become full of yourself.  Here are your words: "You will never be as logical as I am". You seem to give the impression you are always right and never wrong. You pass the test as a real FE'er. By the way why are you so angry? I have to go for a few hours...

So, you are 64 and still believe everything you are told? You trust popular opinion at your age? Sad. I haven't looked at your profile because I don't find you interesting. Sorry. I haven't looked at anyone's profile, actually. I'm not here to have bum sex with a fellow man. Are you? And yes, I am wrong occasionally. Not often by any means. Logic works and I prove that often. You don't use logic, you travel in the slipstream of others. Sad again. You should have a think about how you appear to strangers. I'll give you a clue: not good!

« Reply #473 on: May 03, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »
I'm guessing you were at an air show Starman, The first picture is a plane right after it controlled dive. The second picture shows the crowd milling about. It does not indicate to me to be the scene of a crash, because there are lawn chairs there, and people, as has been said, seem to be fairly calm.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #474 on: May 03, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
RandomREalist, I am fairly sure it was a trap for the FE'ers.  You got to watch out for that so you don't accidentally post something logical before Starman gets to spring his trap. 

« Reply #475 on: May 03, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
Then, why the big ado about the direction and angle of the satellite dishes, then?  It is sort of moot if radio signals do not travel in straight lines, correct?
satellite tv uses 11GHz, 'line of sight'.  Dishes have to be accurately aligned.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #476 on: May 03, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
Are you saying that 11GHz signals can not bend? 

« Reply #477 on: May 03, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
Are you saying that 11GHz signals can not bend?
yes, hence the need for accurate dish alignment pointing at the satellite.

« Reply #478 on: May 03, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
RandomREalist, I am fairly sure it was a trap for the FE'ers.  You got to watch out for that so you don't accidentally post something logical before Starman gets to spring his trap.

Well, I'm glad to see you finally agree that i do think logically Jroa.

Also, i think the smoke color is wrong for an actual fire on a plane. seethis. And was it trap? Maybe, because what he's trying to show is a lot of you will automatically jump to some bizarre explanation.

Like the earlier photos, math is what I'm relatively good at (with application), and I've also got some experience with images and film. I can answer pretty much any question legion has about what I did, and instead, he asks for something that is, in all honestly, nearly impossible to provide, based on the information we have. The more objects you add to a scene, to try to recreate it, the more exact your information needs to be.

And in fact legion, the process I'm doing is QUITE similar to what the police would do to estimate the height of a shooter, based on the angle of bullet entries.

?

Starman

« Reply #479 on: May 03, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »
I'm guessing you were at an air show Starman, The first picture is a plane right after it controlled dive. The second picture shows the crowd milling about. It does not indicate to me to be the scene of a crash, because there are lawn chairs there, and people, as has been said, seem to be fairly calm.
Yes you did very good. The bottom picture is of a jet powered truck and they put water in the afterburners to make this white smoke effect.  I just wanted to show the attitude of FE'ers. They act childish as usual.