Can anyone spot the error?

• 1032 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Re: Can anyone spot the error?
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
Those pictures look remarkably like damp sand, don't they?
I bet the stage hand go sick of raking that stuff - stood  there like a plank in his skinny jeans, white T-shirt with the cigrarette packet folded into one short sleeve, wearing a big pair of stupid moon boots to make boot prints after raking.  ;D
That is not the topic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »
I bet the stage hand go sick of raking that stuff - stood  there like a plank in his skinny jeans, white T-shirt with the cigrarette packet folded into one short sleeve, wearing a big pair of stupid moon boots to make boot prints after raking.  ;D
That is not the topic.
And neither is what you are arguing. I made the topic and topics can follow different paths. The title is, "can anyone spot the error"..anything can be put up that has errors, so stop whining like a little baby or I'll have you dragged screaming from this topic by the back of your little dungarees.

?

Starman

« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2014, 06:44:24 AM »
That is not the topic.
And neither is what you are arguing. I made the topic and topics can follow different paths. The title is, "can anyone spot the error"..anything can be put up that has errors, so stop whining like a little baby or I'll have you dragged screaming from this topic by the back of your little dungarees.
Blah.. Blah.. What is the error with the topic on hand?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #393 on: May 03, 2014, 06:55:16 AM »
That is not the topic.
It started out different to what's being argued but I'm not botehred about that, as topics change over time, especially when they become long.
Stop moaning about it when potential errors are pointed out that are different to what you are talking about.
You are arguin shadows with others. I'm pointing out the raked areas of sand. It doesn't mean you're compelled to argue that point with me. Someone else may or may not. I'm just pointing stuff out.

?

Starman

« Reply #394 on: May 03, 2014, 06:59:04 AM »
That is not the topic.
It started out different to what's being argued but I'm not botehred about that, as topics change over time, especially when they become long.
Stop moaning about it when potential errors are pointed out that are different to what you are talking about.
You are arguin shadows with others. I'm pointing out the raked areas of sand. It doesn't mean you're compelled to argue that point with me. Someone else may or may not. I'm just pointing stuff out.
You can if you want but you will not get any argument for it. The OP presented and issue and I responded to his error. So did a few more.

« Reply #395 on: May 03, 2014, 07:45:14 AM »
That is not the topic.

There's no way to prove, or disprove, it is sand. I don't think it looks like sand, so there's really no point in discussing it. All it'll be is "it looks like sand to me!" "Nah uh, poopy head!" "Yea huh it's sand!" "nuh huh!"

There, i held your little discussion for you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
That is not the topic.

There's no way to prove, or disprove, it is sand. I don't think it looks like sand, so there's really no point in discussing it. All it'll be is "it looks like sand to me!" "Nah uh, poopy head!" "Yea huh it's sand!" "nuh huh!"

I didn't realise you were female. I'm perfectly sure a bloke wouldn't use, poopy head.

?

Starman

« Reply #397 on: May 03, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
That is not the topic.

I didn't realise you were female. I'm perfectly sure a bloke wouldn't use, poopy head.
The sand thing has already been discussed. You just want to start a argument with the sand sample you made. We are not interested.

« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »
That is not the topic.

I was emulating the kids in the school yard having the argument, because that's what it'd sound like.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2014, 08:28:49 AM »
What do all think about my experiment:

Model of zoomed out shot

Model of zoomed in shot

Oh dear, I must have done something wrong! A and D aren't aligned vertically:

I'll move a bit more to the right. That should sort things out:

How odd! I'll have another go. I'll move over to the right even more and hopefully A and D will appear as they should:

Oh no! C has back in the frame. I give up...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:31:32 AM by legion »
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Starman

« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »
The problem is you assumed the rock A and small crater B to be at a certain distance. You actually don't know the distance and how far apart they are. It could be 50 feet or 150 feet. That makes a big difference. Also the distance from C, E and F is unknown. It could be 10 feet or 20 feet. There are too many unknown variables. Now there is one true item I shown you in the last picture. The center(blue vertical line) of the first image is known and the small crater "B" on on the right. If the astronaut would have continued walking the crater B would still be on the right. The second photo shows the center(orange line) and the crater "B" on the left of it. He would have had to move the the right to have the crater on his left. It is that simple.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2014, 08:51:48 AM »
The problem is you assumed the rock A and small crater B to be at a certain distance. You actually don't know the distance and how far apart they are. It could be 50 feet or 150 feet. That makes a big difference. Also the distance from C, E and F is unknown. It could be 10 feet or 20 feet. There are too many unknown variables. Now there is one true item I shown you in the last picture. The center(blue vertical line) of the first image is known and the small crater "B" on on the right. If the astronaut would have continued walking the crater B would still be on the right. The second photo shows the center(orange line) and the crater "B" on the left of it. He would have had to move the the right to have the crater on his left. It is that simple.

Of course you are right, starman. Just post the photos of the simple experiment and show me how wrong I am.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #402 on: May 03, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »
I asked this yesterday, and you never answered. What do you mean by "vertically aligned"?

?

QuQu

« Reply #403 on: May 03, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »
I giggle so much because i partially work in the satellite industry (you can ask me anything about satellites). I showed in the office some time ago some scepti's posts and we all had good laugh.

Don't try to explain to him directions and viewpoints, he will never understand - leave him to make people giggle, that is the only thing he can do. He is just one big useless and miserable waste of life.

The good side of all these explanations is that other people may learn.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #404 on: May 03, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »
I asked this yesterday, and you never answered. What do you mean by "vertically aligned"?

Sorry, I meant B, E and F are all vertically aligned similarly on both shots. Not in a straight line, like this (diagonally):

B

E

F

?

Starman

« Reply #405 on: May 03, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »

Of course you are right, starman. Just post the photos of the simple experiment and show me how wrong I am.
I have to go for a few hours. You have the right idea with the floor photo as long is you have the right distance from all the points. That information you don't have. Later..

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #406 on: May 03, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »

I have to go for a few hours. You have the right idea with the floor photo as long is you have the right distance from all the points. That information you don't have. Later..

As we are constructing a small scale model, lots of possibilities can be tried. Good luck duplicating the two images (without moving anything once you're happy with one shot).

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #407 on: May 03, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »
That is not the topic.

The sand thing has already been discussed. You just want to start a argument with the sand sample you made. We are not interested.
I haven't made any sand samples. I was pointing out that it looks like sand taken in black and white.
Before, you said moon dust looks nothing l8ike anything on Earth.
Tappet showed you stuff, then I've just pointed out that the supposed moonsoil looks exactly like damp sand.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #408 on: May 03, 2014, 09:14:28 AM »
I giggle so much because i partially work in the satellite industry (you can ask me anything about satellites). I showed in the office some time ago some scepti's posts and we all had good laugh.

Don't try to explain to him directions and viewpoints, he will never understand - leave him to make people giggle, that is the only thing he can do. He is just one big useless and miserable waste of life.

I had a good laugh over your post. I said to Kathy, "look at this post; get everyone in to have a look at this satellite expert who's pretending she knows what she's talking about."
They all just tutted, then smirked and said you were probably sat there building lego space ships or something.  ;D

« Reply #409 on: May 03, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »

I had a good laugh over your post. I said to Kathy, "look at this post; get everyone in to have a look at this satellite expert who's pretending she knows what she's talking about."
They all just tutted, then smirked and said you were probably sat there building lego space ships or something.  ;D
Just explain how the applications satellites are used for actually work according to you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #410 on: May 03, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »

Just explain how the applications satellites are used for actually work according to you.
Relays and cells. You know stuff like that. Also the atmosphere, as in bouncing signals. No need for little tin cans in a pretend space.

« Reply #411 on: May 03, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »

Sorry, I meant B, E and F are all vertically aligned similarly on both shots. Not in a straight line, like this (diagonally):

B

E

F

I don't think they're in alignment as much as you seem to:

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #412 on: May 03, 2014, 09:35:05 AM »

I have a few questions about satellites. What is your job there?

« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2014, 09:41:21 AM »

Relays and cells. You know stuff like that. Also the atmosphere, as in bouncing signals. No need for little tin cans in a pretend space.
You know that is wrong. Cells? Cant bounce 11GHz down to a dish.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »

B

E

F

I don't think they're in alignment as much as you seem to:

B, E and F. Not A and F!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #415 on: May 03, 2014, 09:44:25 AM »

Do you know what I mean by cells?

« Reply #416 on: May 03, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

What do you mean by cells and how many are there in your UK?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2014, 09:56:18 AM »

They cover most of it, just like they do in populated places where you are.

« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »

They cover most of it, just like they do in populated places where you are.
and each one transmits to a group of homes?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #419 on: May 03, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »

and each one transmits to a group of homes?
A cell is a good sized area. All those areas are classed as cells. Each cell has it's own transmitters, so when you go from one cell into another, you take that transmitter.