Can anyone spot the error?

• 1032 Replies
Re: Can anyone spot the error?
« Reply #480 on: May 03, 2014, 10:30:15 PM »
As Armstrong moves in to take the second shot, he walks straight forward. We know this because D, E and F are all the same (relative) distance from each other. For the second, close up shot, the following is observed:

C moves out of the frame.
A moves to the right and becomes vertically aligned with D

My question is: what causes A and D to become vertically aligned?

In my experience, and following tests this evening (just to be absolutely sure), an item which is off to the left as A is, will always appear to move to the left until it disappears out of the frame as C did, when you move toward it. A rational explanation for this strange anomaly would be good.
It's rather obvious, he moved forward, slightly to the right, and aimed the camera slightly right.  Had he simply moved straight forward, the features directly below the crater (B) would have remained lined up, but they don't. 

?

QuQu

« Reply #481 on: May 04, 2014, 12:58:43 AM »
Legion,

Currently i'm in a team that writes the embedded software for satellite modems. Previously i was engaged in writing software for simulating space vehicle orientation in space.

« Reply #482 on: May 04, 2014, 01:20:18 AM »
Are you saying that 11GHz signals can not bend?
yes, hence the need for accurate dish alignment pointing at the satellite.
Thus proving the existance of satellites.

« Reply #483 on: May 04, 2014, 03:57:54 AM »
As Armstrong moves in to take the second shot, he walks straight forward. We know this because D, E and F are all the same (relative) distance from each other. For the second, close up shot, the following is observed:

In my experience, and following tests this evening (just to be absolutely sure), an item which is off to the left as A is, will always appear to move to the left until it disappears out of the frame as C did, when you move toward it. A rational explanation for this strange anomaly would be good.
It's rather obvious, he moved forward, slightly to the right, and aimed the camera slightly right.  Had he simply moved straight forward, the features directly below the crater (B) would have remained lined up, but they don't.
^^THIS^^

Did the internet need another thread where people with no knowledge or photography or geometry attempt to pick NASA photographs to bits and end up looking rather foolish?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #484 on: May 04, 2014, 04:12:32 AM »

^^THIS^^

Did the internet need another thread where people with no knowledge or photography or geometry attempt to pick NASA photographs to bits and end up looking rather foolish?
If legion had some knowledge of photography or geometry he would have not posted the images. Just the fact he did shows me he does not it. It is very typical for conspiracy theorist to show their lack on knowledge. He will never admit he was busted.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2014, 04:18:03 AM »
What was he busted for?  He asked some questions.  That is all.  Are we all not free men who are allowed to question things?  You sound like the Guestopo running around trying to "bust" people for exercising their rights. 

?

Starman

« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2014, 04:32:26 AM »
What was he busted for?  He asked some questions.  That is all.  Are we all not free men who are allowed to question things?  You sound like the Guestopo running around trying to "bust" people for exercising their rights.
He basically indicated the last picture is wrong. We tried to explain how to him that is was not. He does not have the eye for it. He got upset and started to mouth off. We explain it again. He got frustrated again because we did not see it his way. His behaviors is very childish. Too bad for him. We tried.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #487 on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:13 AM »
He basically indicated the last picture is wrong. We tried to explain how to him that is was not. He does not have the eye for it. He got upset and started to mouth off. We explain it again. He got frustrated again because we did not see it his way. His behaviors is very childish. Too bad for him. We tried.

I proved my case. None of you have. Right now, I'm right and you are wrong. Deal with it like an adult.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2014, 05:36:12 AM »

It's rather obvious is it? Do you own a camera and six items to construct a model? I'd be interested in that. I'm not interested in assumptions.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Starman

« Reply #489 on: May 04, 2014, 05:37:43 AM »

I proved my case. None of you have. Right now, I'm right and you are wrong. Deal with it like an adult.
What did you prove? Is it that NASA faked the pictures?

« Reply #490 on: May 04, 2014, 05:41:11 AM »

Not to sound too much like an ass legion, but all you've proven is that you don't know the actual ratios of distances required to make what you want to happen, happen. I have shown you that between your two pictures, the objects AREN'T in a line in the two pictures, I've shown you that the apparent distances, between two of the distant objects, has shrunk, as has the angle between them. If you have got two constant distances with a triangle, there is only one way (i can think of) to reduce the length of the third side of that triangle, and that's to reduce the angle opposite it.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #491 on: May 04, 2014, 05:43:48 AM »

I proved you cannot duplicate what we see on the NASA photos. You are welcome to prove me wrong by posting you own photos. But you will not do this because that would require mental effort. I don't think you have it in you. Instead, you will falsely claim that I am wrong in the absence of any evidence proving that.

It's very suspicious that no one has done the experiment. Or that they have and won't agree that the images can't be duplicated.

?

Starman

« Reply #492 on: May 04, 2014, 05:47:37 AM »

I proved you cannot duplicate what we see on the NASA photos. You are welcome to prove me wrong by posting you own photos. But you will not do this because that would require mental effort. I don't think you have it in you. Instead, you will falsely claim that I am wrong in the absence of any evidence proving that.

It's very suspicious that no one has done the experiment. Or that they have and won't agree that the images can't be duplicated.
Actually I will do the experiment as soon as you send the the exact distances between A, B, C, D, E.

« Reply #493 on: May 04, 2014, 05:49:00 AM »

Now, you've only shown that without more information from the original, it would be very difficult to duplicate.

What you're saying is "Make me a trebuchet so I can hit my neighbor!", without telling us how far away this neighbor is.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #494 on: May 04, 2014, 05:50:06 AM »

Not to sound too much like an ass legion, but all you've proven is that you don't know the actual ratios of distances required to make what you want to happen, happen. I have shown you that between your two pictures, the objects AREN'T in a line in the two pictures, I've shown you that the apparent distances, between two of the distant objects, has shrunk, as has the angle between them. If you have got two constant distances with a triangle, there is only one way (i can think of) to reduce the length of the third side of that triangle, and that's to reduce the angle opposite it.

Are you refering to this proof?:

You'll have to explain what you think you've proven.

?

Starman

« Reply #495 on: May 04, 2014, 05:52:21 AM »
It is like looking at the moon. Is it 2159 miles in diameter at 240,000 miles away or 32 miles in diameter at 3000 miles.

« Reply #496 on: May 04, 2014, 05:54:02 AM »

I will Re-do the photos to show better what I'm trying to describe.

?

Starman

« Reply #497 on: May 04, 2014, 05:55:15 AM »
No. Tell me how far is A to B and A to E and B to E. etc. I need the exact distance as if you were there with a measuring tape and measuring it.

?

Starman

« Reply #498 on: May 04, 2014, 05:59:22 AM »
This is the image showing the center of the image. Note B is on the right of the center. 

This is the second  image showing the center of the image. Note B is on the left side of the center. Indicating the astronaut did move to the right to take the second picture.

Look at crater B from both center line.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #499 on: May 04, 2014, 06:00:20 AM »

I will Re-do the photos to show better what I'm trying to describe.

I wouldn't bother mate. Your angles prove nothing other than the photographer moved. No one is questioning that, so what is your point?

?

Starman

« Reply #500 on: May 04, 2014, 06:09:04 AM »
If you are referring to me it means he moved to the right. Not just straight forward like you said.

« Reply #501 on: May 04, 2014, 06:24:35 AM »
author=Legion]I wouldn't bother mate. Your angles prove nothing other than the photographer moved. No one is questioning that, so what is your point?

It shows he moved to the right, you ARE disputing that. That's the whole brunt of your argument, that he only moved forward.

?

Starman

« Reply #502 on: May 04, 2014, 06:34:09 AM »
author=Legion]I wouldn't bother mate. Your angles prove nothing other than the photographer moved. No one is questioning that, so what is your point?

It shows he moved to the right, you ARE disputing that. That's the whole brunt of your argument, that he only moved forward.
He sees the pictures but not the scene. The scene is 3d with unknown distances of items.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #503 on: May 04, 2014, 06:46:22 AM »

You are mistaken:

"In the first photo, shot from further back, I've marked five features A to F. You can verify these at the NASA link above.

In my experience, and following tests this evening (just to be absolutely sure), an item which is off to the left as A is, will always appear to move to the left until it disappears out of the frame as C did, when you move toward it. A rational explanation for this strange anomaly would be good."

You are focusing on whether he moved straight, or to the right. You may well be correct and he did move slightly to the right. That doesn't answer my question though, does it?

And for people whining that we have no idea how far away A and B are:

Not very far judging from the positions of the equipment above.

?

Starman

« Reply #504 on: May 04, 2014, 06:47:40 AM »
Look how E and D shifted to the left. That would not happen if he would have walked straight ahead in the first picture. E is almost in the middle of the picture.

?

Starman

« Reply #505 on: May 04, 2014, 06:52:56 AM »
When you walk to the right all the items close to you moves MORE to the left then in the background.  If he would have walked even more to the right the items D and E would be all the way to the left while still seeing the background. Do you understand that much?

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #506 on: May 04, 2014, 07:04:15 AM »
As I have given up being proven wrong on my A to F anomaly, what do you believers say about this:

Here is the original NASA link (big photo): http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/apollo/apollo11/hires/as11-37-5545.jpg

Why does it look like sand, experts???

?

Starman

« Reply #507 on: May 04, 2014, 07:09:42 AM »
Now you are changing the subject. Do you see how you were wrong about your two pictures? I do have the program Orbiter and I can simulate the moon scene with the LEM. I can move the camera that will imitate the idea when you move to the right the items on close to you will move more than the items on the right. Do you want me to do it?

« Reply #508 on: May 04, 2014, 07:10:36 AM »
I've never claimed to be a moon dirt expert, so I can't tell you.

?

Starman

« Reply #509 on: May 04, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
legion.. If you want to say it is a fake and it was done on a studio set then say to then we can discuss the details. By the way what were you expecting to see on the moon? Before i forget what mission was the first pictures you sent up. I may be able to see it from the photos of the lunar satellite.