The creation of the flat earth.

• 43 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
The creation of the flat earth.
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:41:27 PM »
To make it simple most of RE'ers knows that the stars and planets are created from leftover matter and gasses ofter stars explode at their end of life.  It is an cycle that has being going on for billions of year. This has been accepted for a very long time. Now the same question come to mind to how did the flat earth get created. Has it always existed? Not likely. God maybe? I hope some FE'ers can give me a logical explanation. If you don't say do.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The creation of the flat earth.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:26 PM »
You are asking us to guess, like scientists who make an educated guess about the formation of stars and galaxies.  I will tell you I don't know, and don't care to guess. 

Let me ask you a question.  What was before the big bang? 

?

Starman

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:11:14 AM »
You are asking us to guess, like scientists who make an educated guess about the formation of stars and galaxies.  I will tell you I don't know, and don't care to guess. 

Let me ask you a question.  What was before the big bang?
Scientist don't guess on the life and end of stars. Going back to the big bang does not change the cycles of stars that is happening today. How the earth came about is accepted in science. What you are telling me is that you don't have enough knowledge to understand how matter was created to make a flat earth.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
Scientists do guess.  Not a single scientist has watches a star be born, live out its life, and die.  Yet, they will tell you every detail about what happens. 

?

Starman

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »
Scientists do guess.  Not a single scientist has watches a star be born, live out its life, and die.  Yet, they will tell you every detail about what happens.
No they don't. All theories have to be backup with mathematical calculation with know facts. It is then studied and confirmed and accepted by other scientist.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:43:25 AM »
Do you even understand what an educated guess is? 

?

Starman

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
Yes but that is not what they do. It is like if a pilot needs fuel for his flight and gave an educated guess on how much he needs. Not good enough.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:12 AM »
Yes but that is not what they do. It is like if a pilot needs fuel for his flight and gave an educated guess on how much he needs. Not good enough.

Are you claiming that a pilot knows exactly, to the last drop, how much fuel he needs? 

?

Starman

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 08:59:15 AM »

Are you claiming that a pilot knows exactly, to the last drop, how much fuel he needs?
Flying with too much fuel cost too much money. The will have enough to go their destination and an alternate if needed.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »
So what does that have to do with anything? 

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
[/quote

You're right, for a single star, we can't see all of those life cycles. But they can, and do make comparisons. between stars. For instance, we take our sun, in the grand scheme of things, a very average star, and we observe another star, that is relatively similar to ours (roughly the same mass, roughly the same temperature) but older, and we see how it dies. And we see it again, and again, and so we have a firm theory as to how stars of similar composition will die. Then we see another star die, and it's different. But the star was significantly different (larger, hotter), does that invalidate our initial findings? NO! it's a different type of death.

Consider this more down to earth example: You visit a cow farm, you see a cow being milked, day after day, but then she stops producing milk, and you see her put down. As you're all sad about a cow being killed, you see a new born calf in the barn. Is there anything to make you think that that calf is going to have a different fate than the one you just witnessed?

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 09:52:24 AM »

Where was that claimed, another of your 100% questions.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
[/quote

You're right, for a single star, we can't see all of those life cycles. But they can, and do make comparisons. between stars. For instance, we take our sun, in the grand scheme of things, a very average star, and we observe another star, that is relatively similar to ours (roughly the same mass, roughly the same temperature) but older, and we see how it dies. And we see it again, and again, and so we have a firm theory as to how stars of similar composition will die. Then we see another star die, and it's different. But the star was significantly different (larger, hotter), does that invalidate our initial findings? NO! it's a different type of death.

Consider this more down to earth example: You visit a cow farm, you see a cow being milked, day after day, but then she stops producing milk, and you see her put down. As you're all sad about a cow being killed, you see a new born calf in the barn. Is there anything to make you think that that calf is going to have a different fate than the one you just witnessed?

Wow, it is really confusing when you can not quote correctly. 

?

Starman

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
[/quote

Wow, it is really confusing when you can not quote correctly.

Apparently you don't understand how stars are created and die. So I am still waiting what are the star are in the FE world.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
Have you even bothered to look up Phlogiston? 

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 09:55:45 AM »
Have you even bothered to look up Phlogiston?
'Phlogiston remained the dominant theory until Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier showed that combustion requires a gas that has mass (oxygen) and could be measured by means of weighing closed vessels. The use of closed vessels also negated the buoyancy that had disguised the mass of the gases of combustion. These observations solved the mass paradox and set the stage for the new caloric theory of combustion.'

'The phlogiston theory is an obsolete scientific theory'

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »
I still do not see where you have discredited the theory.  Can you put it in your own words?

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:21 AM »
I still do not see where you have discredited the theory.  Can you put it in your own words?

No oxygen, no combustion. If Phlogiston was what made things combustible, you wouldn't need oxygen.

?

Starman

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
Obsolete scientific theory

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
Obsolete scientific theory
He said your own words.
You read the first sentence of the Wikipedia article and consider yourself an expert on the matter.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:41 PM »
To make it simple most of RE'ers knows that the stars and planets are created from leftover matter and gasses ofter stars explode at their end of life.  It is an cycle that has being going on for billions of year. This has been accepted for a very long time. Now the same question come to mind to how did the flat earth get created. Has it always existed? Not likely. God maybe? I hope some FE'ers can give me a logical explanation. If you don't say do.
No one has ever produced granite by cooling magma.

I am correct.

?

Starman

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »
Here is what I found on granite:
Almost all granite is igneous (it solidified from a magma) and plutonic (it did so in a large, deeply buried body or pluton). The random arrangement of grains in granite—its lack of fabric—is evidence of its plutonic origin. Rock with the same composition as granite can form through long and intense metamorphism of sedimentary rocks. But that kind of rock has a strong fabric and is usually called granite gneiss.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 12:51:59 PM »
Here is what I found on granite:
Almost all granite is igneous (it solidified from a magma) and plutonic (it did so in a large, deeply buried body or pluton). The random arrangement of grains in granite—its lack of fabric—is evidence of its plutonic origin. Rock with the same composition as granite can form through long and intense metamorphism of sedimentary rocks. But that kind of rock has a strong fabric and is usually called granite gneiss.

You didn't really cure my curiosity on the subject.

I am correct.

?

Starman

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
For sure... I am still waiting for any FE'ers to tell me how their FE came about.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »
For sure... I am still waiting for any FE'ers to tell me how their FE came about.
Why should we know?
How could we know?
I know just as little as you do when it comes to the great question, "Why is there something, rather than nothing?".

I am correct.

?

Starman

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »
Why should we know?
How could we know?
I know just as little as you do when it comes to the great question, "Why is there something, rather than nothing?".
Why would you not want to know. Why bother having this site if you don't ask questions like this?
If you study and understand the laws of physics you will truly know and understand why.
Don't speak for me when you say "Why is there something, rather than nothing" I understand how everything fits and works perfectly in the RE world and so does every RE'ers. If you look very carefully at yourself and other FE'ers you have lots of unanswered questions. The common fact about FE'ers is that they look at big and small details as the same. If you don't know where your planet comes from that is a big detail and a big deal.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »
Why should we know?
How could we know?
Why would you not want to know. Why bother having this site if you don't ask questions like this?
If you study and understand the laws of physics you will truly know and understand why.
Don't speak for me when you say "Why is there something, rather than nothing" I understand how everything fits and works perfectly in the RE world and so does every RE'ers. If you look very carefully at yourself and other FE'ers you have lots of unanswered questions. The common fact about FE'ers is that they look at big and small details as the same. If you don't know where your planet comes from that is a big detail and a big deal.
You don't know for sure where your planet came from.
If you say otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant.
Anything you regard as fact as to the origins of Earth is just a well educated guess.

I am correct.

?

Starman

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »
Why should we know?
How could we know?
You don't know for sure where your planet came from.
If you say otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant.
Anything you regard as fact as to the origins of Earth is just a well educated guess.
The facts are very well known and it is not an educated guess. Now how about your so called flat earth. Where and how was it created? Give me something that makes sense.

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2014, 07:29:39 AM »
the universe has always been, hard for man to comprehend, but true.
but until the big bang, when all matter that existed pulled together, and created the Universal Accelerator.
This caused all the matter to scatter and accelerate at 9.8 m/sec away from the source. The heaviest objects remained  towards the the bottom, the Earth in its great disc, which protects itself from the full force of the UA. Which made life possible.
The lighter objects, like the sun, the moon, planets, and stars (which are very small compared to the Earth) are all above, and are not protected against the UA causing them to be spherical, and devoid of life.

?

Starman

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2014, 07:40:05 AM »
the universe has always been, hard for man to comprehend, but true.
but until the big bang, when all matter that existed pulled together, and created the Universal Accelerator.
This caused all the matter to scatter and accelerate at 9.8 m/sec away from the source. The heaviest objects remained  towards the the bottom, the Earth in its great disc, which protects itself from the full force of the UA. Which made life possible.
The lighter objects, like the sun, the moon, planets, and stars (which are very small compared to the Earth) are all above, and are not protected against the UA causing them to be spherical, and devoid of life.
The big bang can project matter out as believed. We can agree to that but the all matter is not acceleration at 1 G because it would need a endless force or energy to accelerate the earth continuously. Like a bomb, the matter from the explosion does not speed up after the explosion. What magical force is under the flat earth?