God?

• 59 Replies
God?
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:16:23 PM »
I have been watching some debates on religion lately and while watching i came with two ideas about god ( am an agnost)
1. He does not exist because in every holy book what he says goes against what science vpcan show on way to many levels.

2.most of the claims made in holy books are wrong but there might be a god only missunderstood .

I would like to hear your opinions on this subject now harm ment.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: God?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »
I don't think there is a god either.

1) God hasn't written any holy books. Those are all just stories made up by people looking for answers to the mysteries of their world.

2) There might be a god. If there is one, I do not believe it has been described by any holy book. If a god exists I don't think it gives a shit about us. We would be like bacteria to it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
what happened before the big bang?(why do so many atheists believe in the Big Bang but nothing before it) there must be something higher than us, call it God, an alien, whatever...

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »
Yes the big bang must have a origion but so does god .
And the most logical one is the big bang because it helps the math and does not say there is a all knowing thing that created us .
And it sounds more logical to say matter and energie has always been there instead of a something that can think.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Lots of atheists believe the big bang occurred but I don't know any of them who think nothing happened before it, they just don't know what happened before.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:38:24 AM »
what happened before the big bang?(why do so many atheists believe in the Big Bang but nothing before it) there must be something higher than us, call it God, an alien, whatever...
Just to be clear here: this question is nonsensical. I don't mean it in a derogatory way, it's just that there's no such thing as "before the big bang" because time was created in the Big Bang. The answer to the question is not "nothing", "emptiness", or anything; there's no answer to it. I'm really bad at analogies so I can't give you a good one, but I hope you understood my meaning

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 02:49:09 PM »
how can something come from nothing? is there any scientific proof?

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »
If God doesn't exist then why is the earth flat?

This thread should be locked and deleted.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »
what does god have to do with the flat earth?  ???

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
Read your Bible.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 11:49:44 PM »
how can something come from nothing? is there any scientific proof?
"Nothing" isn't really... real.
You'd need to define nothing first.
The fact that we're here means that there's something, rather than nothing.
Even if all the matter exploded into existence at one point in time billions of years ago, there still had to be something for it to explode into.
This would, I guess, indicate that there is no logical reason to assume that "nothing" has even ever existed.
The universe is expanding into what the big bang occurred in, but it's still not "nothing".
You couldn't expand into "nothing".

Not sure though.
To me, "nothing" is an intangible standpoint.
The closest thing to nothing there is, is the time before you were born. (Relative to your perception and existence.)

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
That is to say, you can't put "nothing" in a bottle.

I am correct.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 06:38:32 AM »
The universe is expanding into what the big bang occurred in, but it's still not "nothing".

I'm pretty sure this is untrue. I'm not an astrophysicist. Read about the topic if you're interested.

The closest thing to nothing there is, is the time before you were born. (Relative to your perception and existence.)

How can a concept of God help you understand this absence of existence?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:47:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is untrue. I'm not an astrophysicist. Read about the topic if you're interested.

How can a concept of God help you understand this absence of existence?
If there's something to expand into, it's not really "nothing".
The big bang still exploded into something.
Some museum had a debate between all the great famous physicists and astrologists about this once.
All of them were pretty much 100% in disagreement with each other.
I think it's more of a philosophy issue than a physics issue.

Who said God could help you understand an absence of existence?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:32:49 AM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
I would equate this ultimatum of no God to the idea of there being no supernatural beings.

I've heard some amazing first-hand stories from people who messed with ouija boards, stayed in haunted houses, were healed by preachers, etc. (If you want to tell me the healings were placebo effect (eyes, broken wrist, spinal injury) then we need to have a placebo effect thread)

I don't experiment with the dark spirits myself because I don't need to prove anything to myself and they creep me out. I think the dark side is more willing to show itself, if you know what mean.

The idea of God as an omniscient, unchanging, above-the-laws of physics and time, to me is pretty silly.  Even the Hebrew God... it's like okay why is he pissed off at Adam and Eve? Why does he get mad? He should've known all that would happen right?

If there's some thing connecting everyone and we affect God... I think that would be cool.  Kinda like SpaceCowgirl's metaphor. If we're bacteria to God, God can't live without us.  That'd make sense to me.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
I am god, and i have come to save you all. 

All i ask of you my children is that you renounce all other gods and join me at my side as we leave this life and start a new where the earth is round and we can live in nature like the species we were meant to be.

Any that oppose me will be stricken down with an almighty wrath that will ring about the end of days, and you will know me by the shepard as you are his flock.
(ASHTON 17-14)

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 08:48:31 AM »

It's not expanding into anything. It's just expanding.

Incorrect.

Some museum had a debate between all the great famous physicists and astrologists about this once.

And then the professor stood up and laughing cruelly said 'Write me a 10,000 word assignment on your so called "God"' he laughing laughed.

Incorrect.

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 08:54:48 AM »
(If you want to tell me the healings were placebo effect (eyes, broken wrist, spinal injury) then we need to have a placebo effect thread)

No, we can do it here. It was the placebo effect. Or just plain desperation to believe bullshit. If in doubt ask James Randi. There is no such thing as a spiritual healer.

And BTW hearing about "first hand" stories isn't first hand.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »

Incorrect.

And then the professor stood up and laughing cruelly said 'Write me a 10,000 word assignment on your so called "God"' he laughing laughed.

Incorrect.

Want to try to do more than just saying I'm incorrect?
Substantiate your claims, maybe?
You can at least explain yourself.
I'm not saying God exists or doesn't exist...
Not sure why you think I am.

It is a philosophy issue. If it's a physics issue, give me some numbers or articles about evidence for or against there  being able to be "nothing".
How did the big bang happen if there wasn't already space (not space as in outer space, space as in volume) to propagate it on our dimensional plane?

I am correct.

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

How did the big bang happen if there wasn't already space (not space as in outer space, space as in volume) to propagate it on our dimensional plane?

Like I said, I'm not a physicist. But I imagine it might have something to do with the connection between energy and matter, as invented by A Eistein Esq.

http://bit.ly/1gSp0OB

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 02:11:08 AM »

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Like I said, I'm not a physicist. But I imagine it might have something to do with the connection between energy and matter, as invented by A Eistein Esq.

Energy and matter both need to propagate in some volume.

I am correct.

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Energy and matter both need to propagate in some volume.

Irrelevant.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
There probably is no god. If there is a god or something of that nature, I don't see why it would expect us to believe in it; nor do I think it cares.

Well, if he's anything like human beings (I'm not saying he is, but it's really all we have to go on), he might appreciate that the product of his creation recognizes he (the product) exists thanks to him (God).
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Irrelevant.
How is that at all irrelevant?
Volume - dimensions - space - propagation - all of these words indicate something rather than nothing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:16:45 PM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I am correct.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 03:38:19 AM »
Irrelevant.
Volume - dimensions - space - propagation - all of these words indicate something rather than nothing.

Irrelevant.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.
Go fuck yourself

I am correct.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 11:34:13 AM »
Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.
Go fuck yourself

Reported for abusive behavious. Enjhoy your time off.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.
Go fuck yourself

Reported for abusive behavious. Enjhoy your time off.
I would suppose I carry more weight around here than you, sir.
We aren't even in the upper fora.

I am correct.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 11:01:18 PM »
Don't forget that there is a double standard. 

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 11:11:12 PM »
fappenhosen, did you know that I'm part of an elite club of 2 people?
We meet every week to touch jroa's bum.
I wonder how long this will be funny for...

I am correct.