Another "Hole" in the theory

• 24 Replies
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:03:59 AM »
You know, here might be a flaw in the flat earth theory...according to fe's, the earth is flat, so therefor, what is the thickness of the earth?..if it is flat, then there is a reverse underside to it...like a sheet of paper, cant we theoretically drill through the earth and come out of the underside?..and if we did that underwater, would the water flow out into hole and come out the underside according to the gravity FE have in play?..also..how is it that the sun is orientated up above the flat earth...meaning, what is on the underside of the earth and why isnt the sun shining on that side...? By the way, you claim the earth is flat, do u also believe the sun is too or the moon and the other planets?...im to lazy to rad the faq

p.s.-whatever evidence u present against me...ill simply say its fake or doctored....it works pretty effectively for fe's

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 10:27:04 AM »
It's not perfectly flat, it's hundreds of miles thick. Water would not flow out of the bottom because it would be held in by the Universal Accelerator - the blanket of dark matter which keeps the Earth in acceleration at 9.81m/s^2.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »
Water would not flow out of the bottom because it would be held in by the Universal Accelerator - the blanket of dark matter which keeps the Earth in acceleration at 9.81m/s^2.

Why do you say that it is dark matter that is accelerating the Earth? What reason is there to believe that dark matter can accelerate matter in the first place? Accelerating the Earth in one direction without simultaneously accelerating something in the opposite direction would violate Newton's Third Law (something which you can experiment with yourself at home). If anything is accelerating the Earth, it would have to be some type of rocket propulsion, or some sort of attraction to an unknown object above the Earth's surface.
 want a Flat-Earther to PM me, and tell me why they believe Samuel Rowbotham in the first place. If a Flat-Earther requires proof in order to believe something, then why do they believe this man, even though he provided no proof himself?

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »
Dark matter is just matter that doesn't emit light.  It's what accounts for the "hidden" mass of galaxies, as it appears there should be less mass than what is actually measured to be there.
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:03:49 PM »
Quote from: "fathomak"
Dark matter is just matter that doesn't emit light.  It's what accounts for the "hidden" mass of galaxies, as it appears there should be less mass than what is actually measured to be there.

I know what dark matter is. What I want to know is why there is supposed to be dark matter underneath the Earth to propel it.
 want a Flat-Earther to PM me, and tell me why they believe Samuel Rowbotham in the first place. If a Flat-Earther requires proof in order to believe something, then why do they believe this man, even though he provided no proof himself?

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »
I know what dark matter is. What I want to know is why there is supposed to be dark matter underneath the Earth to propel it.

Sorry, that was directed at dogplatter.  I suppose I should have quoted.  I just meant that makes no sense unless he means something else by "dark matter," in which case I'd like him to clarify.
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 02:19:37 PM »
I was under the impression that it was dark energy that propelled the Earth. Dark matter has no special energy-generating properties as far as I understand it.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »
...im to lazy to rad the faq

In which case I'm too lazy to respond to any of your questions, as they're probably answered there.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 02:35:29 PM »
I do mean dark matter in the sense of non-light emitting, non-visible matter. It propels the Earth upwards through sheer inertia - think of how a pan propels a cake if you lift the pan upwards.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
Don't let me sidetrack this thread, but to those who are interested in dark matter, a recent observation has provided the first direct evidnece of it's existence.  You can read about it here:

http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/08/21/dark-matter-exists/

Exciting stuff!
"The earth looks flat; therefore it is flat."
-Flat Earthers

"Triangle ABC looks isosceles; therefore . . ."
-3rd grade geometry student

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »
...think of how a pan propels a cake if you lift the pan upwards.

Ah, I see what you meant.  There still has to be something lifting the pan, though.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 02:41:57 PM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
I do mean dark matter in the sense of non-light emitting, non-visible matter. It propels the Earth upwards through sheer inertia - think of how a pan propels a cake if you lift the pan upwards.

Right, but of course something is lifting the pan in the first place.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »
Quote from: "Max Fagin"
Don't let me sidetrack this thread, but to those who are interested in dark matter, a recent observation has provided the first direct evidnece of it's existence.  You can read about it here:

http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/08/21/dark-matter-exists/

Exciting stuff!

Favorited for future reading :)
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »
ATTENTION!!!

This is a raid by the Glorious Victorian Bottom Worldly Expeditionary Party!!! Stand By while we load your swag onto our Attack Zeppelins!!

And dont try any funny stuff chaps, these Muskets arent for show you know!!!

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »
Yes! Utter conquest of the forum is near! Don't give up heart lads!
the cake is a lie

?

whydoyouask

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 07:09:53 AM »

then whats propelling the dark matter?

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 10:13:34 PM »
Quote from: "TheDerangedWang"
who proof is there that dark matter is in the earth?....just becuase you say it is doesnt mean its there

You say gravity exists, but I don't believe you.

There's no reason for me to believe that your particular explanation for why when I jump I land back on the ground is the correct one.

Similarly, his is equally valid.  There are few(if any) theorized causes for gravity in the first place.  Dark Energy/Dark Matter is a catchall in my opinion.  Its a mere explanation involving a phenomena we do not know much about.  But even if it is implausible, it in no way makes it less valid than gravity.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
Quote from: "Mephistopheles"
Quote from: "TheDerangedWang"
who proof is there that dark matter is in the earth?....just becuase you say it is doesnt mean its there

You say gravity exists, but I don't believe you.

There's no reason for me to believe that your particular explanation for why when I jump I land back on the ground is the correct one.

Similarly, his is equally valid.  There are few(if any) theorized causes for gravity in the first place.  Dark Energy/Dark Matter is a catchall in my opinion.  Its a mere explanation involving a phenomena we do not know much about.  But even if it is implausible, it in no way makes it less valid than gravity.

Gravity has been observed and proven. If not for gravity, earth would still be a dustcloud.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 11:52:13 PM »
The effects of gravity have been observed.  Gravity itself has not.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 01:13:19 PM »
Quote from: "whydoyouask"

then whats propelling the dark matter?

The force of the big bang (or in my personal theory of the dual matter expansion) is propelling the UA.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 01:57:45 PM »

The force of the big bang (or in my personal theory of the dual matter expansion) is propelling the UA.

The force of the Big Bang causes space to expand, but it doesn't push matter. The "dark energy", or whatever it is that causes the expansion of space is a scalar field, not a vector field. It does not produce a directional force on matter itself. It only causes the space between objects to expand over time.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

There IS NO GRAVITRON, stop looking for it.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
Quote from: "Kryptid"

The force of the Big Bang causes space to expand, but it doesn't push matter. The "dark energy", or whatever it is that causes the expansion of space is a scalar field, not a vector field. It does not produce a directional force on matter itself. It only causes the space between objects to expand over time.

The force of the dual matter expansion did produce a direction force.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 08:58:42 AM »
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"

I say it to prove a point, which seems to go over most RE'ers' heads.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 09:37:22 AM »
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"

I say it to prove a point, which seems to go over most RE'ers' heads.

I don't think you got me.   :lol: