Absolute Proof the Earth Rotates

• 612 Replies
Re: Absolute Proof the Earth Rotates
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 03:27:54 AM »
I just posted a number of posts with evidence not only why but how we know the Earth is round and how the Flat Earth theories make no sense. Still, they will continue to throw it all out and devote their lives to an idea that has ZERO evidence supporting it. They are not here to learn, they are here to promote their agenda and have no interest in understanding anything. They have made up their minds.
We have a right to question stuff. Just because you think everything is rose smelling truth doesn't mean everyone has to follow that. By not questioning things you run the risk of being walked all over in life, in everything.

You are questioning fuckin evidence in front of your fuckin nose! You are blindly accepted some retarded Flat Earth bullshit that has no evidence or logic whatsoever! Can't you see the fuckin irony?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 03:32:53 AM »
Just read this for god's sakes and get an education:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

Man unbelievable!
Coriolis effect right?
A childrens roundabout is used to explain it, correct?
So if I put a swinging pendulum over that roundabout as it's spinning, then this is the coriolis effect, correct? If I'm missing something then enlighten me.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 03:33:54 AM »
Jer999 Watch your language in the upper fora.  We have kids who come here to learn.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 03:34:46 AM »
I just posted a number of posts with evidence not only why but how we know the Earth is round and how the Flat Earth theories make no sense. Still, they will continue to throw it all out and devote their lives to an idea that has ZERO evidence supporting it. They are not here to learn, they are here to promote their agenda and have no interest in understanding anything. They have made up their minds.
We have a right to question stuff. Just because you think everything is rose smelling truth doesn't mean everyone has to follow that. By not questioning things you run the risk of being walked all over in life, in everything.

You are questioning fuckin evidence in front of your fuckin nose! You are blindly accepted some retarded Flat Earth bullshit that has no evidence or logic whatsoever! Can't you see the fuckin irony?
Well I'm going to tear it all apart as soon as I get 100% clarification on it all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 03:35:43 AM »
I have to make sure that no goal posts can be moved before I rip this nonsense to pieces.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 03:41:33 AM »
I have to make sure that no goal posts can be moved before I rip this nonsense to pieces.
You really are a twat, aren't you?

I really do think the Dunning Kruger effect was inspired by you.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 03:45:39 AM »
I am not going to talk to you like you are 7. It is obvious what the pendulum does, how it woks and what it proves. You have all the information you need to know about the pendulum on this thread and I refuse to post any more info about it. If you do not read these posts that is your problem. The info is here. You have 3 choices now:

1) Understand the experiment and accept the experiment as proof and give up this Flat Earth nonsense
2) Do the experiment yourself and see with your own 2 eyes how the Earth rotates proving the Earth rotates
3) Ignore all logic and evidence and continue 100% blindly accepting a Flat Earth idea that has zero credibilty.

You have the freedom of choice. If you chose to believe in nonsense and ignore all evidence then that is your choice.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 03:48:14 AM »
You really are a twat, aren't you?

I really do think the Dunning Kruger effect was inspired by you.
I'm sorry, I can't accept this as an answer as it doesn't fully explain the pendulum. Please try again, later.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 03:52:06 AM »
I am not going to talk to you like you are 7. It is obvious what the pendulum does, how it woks and what it proves. You have all the information you need to know about the pendulum on this thread and I refuse to post any more info about it. If you do not read these posts that is your problem. The info is here. You have 3 choices now:

1) Understand the experiment and accept the experiment as proof and give up this Flat Earth nonsense
2) Do the experiment yourself and see with your own 2 eyes how the Earth rotates proving the Earth rotates
3) Ignore all logic and evidence and continue 100% blindly accepting a Flat Earth idea that has zero credibilty.

You have the freedom of choice. If you chose to believe in nonsense and ignore all evidence then that is your choice.
Well you did say you had absolute proof. So prove it and tell me exactly what is happening. I'll help you out.

I want to know what the pendulum is attached to and how it's attached and the relevance of why it is attached this way.
I also need to know if it's just the table and building turning under the pendulum and not the pendulum itself.

Explain these and it could go along way into your absolute proof claims. Let's see!

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 03:58:54 AM »
Just read this for god's sakes and get an education:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

Man unbelievable!
Coriolis effect right?
A childrens roundabout is used to explain it, correct?
So if I put a swinging pendulum over that roundabout as it's spinning, then this is the coriolis effect, correct? If I'm missing something then enlighten me.

Actually, I'd be very interested to see what a pendulum would do if it were placed on a children's roundabout. Placed so that the point it was suspended from was on the axis of rotation of the roundabout, and swinging in, say, a north-south direction, it should continue to swing north-south while the roundabout rotated under it (this is with the frame of the pendulum actually on the roundabout). Placed away from the axis though... yeah, I'd like to see what happens! Not that it would bear much relation to the way it behaves on a rotating globe with gravity pulling it toward the centre, but it would still be interesting.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:10 AM »
Pendulums swing for a while and then stop.  What keeps this one swinging for ever?
They stop because if air friction. It will run for an extremely long time if a vacuum.

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 04:08:53 AM »
What the hell? Did you watch the video and read what I and everyone wrote? You keep asking what is the proof but we already stated it.

Someone? Anyone? What the hell?

"The sky is blue"

"Ok now please explain to me what color the sky is."

"It is blue"

"Ok but tell me in a very detailed way like a child so I can rip it apart."

"Did you read what I wrote?"

"Yes but what color is the sky officially so I can understand what you are saying."

"The sky is blue."

"Yes but what are you trying to say exactly?"

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 04:11:25 AM »
What the hell? Did you watch the video and read what I and everyone wrote? You keep asking what is the proof but we already stated it.

Someone? Anyone? What the hell?

"The sky is blue"

"Ok now please explain to me what color the sky is."

"It is blue"

"Ok but tell me in a very detailed way like a child so I can rip it apart."

"Did you read what I wrote?"

"Yes but what color is the sky officially so I can understand what you are saying."

"The sky is blue."

"Yes but what are you trying to say exactly?"
I'm just making sure that you don't move the goal posts that's all. It appears you are afraid to answer my questions. You should have expected it to be questioned intensley.

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 04:14:52 AM »
I explained in explicit detail, the video shows it, the Wikipedia page goes into more detail, yet you keep asking me to explain it to you when I already did. Go read the damn thread! Start at the beginning and read it. It won't take you that long. If you still do not understand then you have a comprehension problem.

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2014, 04:15:02 AM »
Well you did say you had absolute proof. So prove it and tell me exactly what is happening. I'll help you out.

I want to know what the pendulum is attached to and how it's attached and the relevance of why it is attached this way.
I also need to know if it's just the table and building turning under the pendulum and not the pendulum itself.

Explain these and it could go along way into your absolute proof claims. Let's see!

So let me get this straight: you have no idea how a pendulum works or what its rotation relative to the earth means, yet you want to 'rip this nonsense to pieces'?

Close minded doesn't even begin to describe you. Irony doesn't even begin to describe it.

Please, scepti, simply take the info in wikipedia, read it, and tell us all, as well as the scientific community, how it's all wrong. That way, there can no arguments over 'moved goalposts'.

We look forward to your groundbreaking acumen, scepti.

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 04:20:12 AM »
Sceptimatic:

"The 240-pound brass ball, suspended by a cable 40 feet long, swings in a constant direction while the Earth turns beneath it. The pendulum is mounted to a bearing in the rotunda ceiling that does not turn with the building as it rotates with the Earth. A ring magnet at the bearing gives a little tug on each swing of the pendulum to keep the pendulum in motion. As the day passes, the pendulum knocks over pegs set up in the pendulum pit and indicates the progress of rotation."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 04:20:45 AM »

So let me get this straight: you have no idea how a pendulum works or what its rotation relative to the earth means, yet you want to 'rip this nonsense to pieces'?

Close minded doesn't even begin to describe you. Irony doesn't even begin to describe it.

Please, scepti, simply take the info in wikipedia, read it, and tell us all, as well as the scientific community, how it's all wrong. That way, there can no arguments over 'moved goalposts'.

Just answer my simple questions.

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:30 AM »

Just answer my simple questions.

"The 240-pound brass ball, suspended by a cable 40 feet long, swings in a constant direction while the Earth turns beneath it. The pendulum is mounted to a bearing in the rotunda ceiling that does not turn with the building as it rotates with the Earth. A ring magnet at the bearing gives a little tug on each swing of the pendulum to keep the pendulum in motion. As the day passes, the pendulum knocks over pegs set up in the pendulum pit and indicates the progress of rotation."

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 04:23:24 AM »
Does this electromagnet use AC or DC electricity? 

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 04:25:06 AM »
A magnet has not current. Again, you can do this experiment at home, it just won't last as long. That one in Australia had no magnet. Would you like for me to go to Griffith Park and film it for you?

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2014, 04:25:48 AM »
Well I'm going to tear it all apart as soon as I get 100% clarification on it all.

Ahh, the unbridled arrogance of sceptimatic; fully committed to tearing it apart, even before he knows what it is!

So the pendulum rotates now? I thought it was the table and the building rotating.
Explain it in child like terms exactly what's happening.

Sorry, I missed this one earlier. It's not exactly easy to dumb this down enough for you scepti, so I'm not going to. Just read the wikipedia page, and the UNSW link I provided, and do your best to figure it out from there.
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2014, 04:28:05 AM »
haha they have a room that spins around while the pendulum remains still to demonstrate the Earth rotates. haha

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2014, 04:28:17 AM »
Sceptimatic:

Great, that's all I wanted clarification on. Now before I start tearing it all apart, just answer yes or no to what I say and I can get on. All I want is clarification in a strict YES or NO, but no maybe's.

The bearing in the ceiling is so that the pendulum can simply be allowed to go backwards and forwards without it deviating, yes or no?

The table and everything fixed in the building  apart from the pendulum on a bearing are moving in a rotating motion. Yes or no?

Is there anything else happening other than this. Yes or no?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:30:36 AM by sceptimatic »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2014, 04:30:36 AM »
If it is a permanent magnet, and not an electromagnet, then how does it turn off and allow the pendulum to swing in the other direction?

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 04:32:20 AM »

Oh boy...

Given the intended purpose, DC would be used.

If it is a permanent magnet, and not an electromagnet, then how does it turn off and allow the pendulum to swing in the other direction?

Have you been drinking? It's just that your comments are even stupider than usual at the moment...

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2014, 04:34:10 AM »

The pendulum normally swings back in forth. If you hold it in your hand it does this. But eventually it will slowly go still. The Magnet makes it so it gains a tad of momentum then it uses momentum to swing. The pendulum goes back and forth not rotating around. The Earth rotates around. If you want actual specifics of exact details of the architecture then we can call the observatory and ask them.

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2014, 04:35:58 AM »
Sceptimatic:

Great, that's all I wanted clarification on. Now before I start tearing it all apart, just answer yes or no to what I say and I can get on. All I want is clarification in a strict YES or NO, but no maybe's.

The bearing in the ceiling is so that the pendulum can simply be allowed to go backwards and forwards without it deviating, yes or no?

The table and everything fixed in the building  apart from the pendulum on a bearing are moving in a rotating motion. Yes or no?

I am not answering your questions with yes or no. I am not going back and copying and pasting what I already wrote if you are too lazy to read them. The info is all here. Now do your picking apart as you will, but there is no further info I can provide you. It has all been explained to the minute detail. Just post your opinions without anymore stupid questions.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2014, 04:38:10 AM »
Sceptimatic:

I am not answering your questions with yes or no. I am not going back and copying and pasting what I already wrote if you are too lazy to read them. The info is all here. Now do your picking apart as you will, but there is no further info I can provide you. It has all been explained to the minute detail. Just post your opinions without anymore stupid questions.
Ok. So if the pendulum only swings back and forth, then why does it have to swing in the first place. Why can't it just hang there whilst the table and building rotate?

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2014, 04:38:37 AM »
There is no such thing as a AC electromagnet. If you ask me to explain it i can.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2014, 04:39:17 AM »

No. The bearing is there to allow the pendulum total freedom of movement.

Relative to the earth: no. Relative to an inertial reference frame: yes. And unless the pendulum is at a geographic pole, it is rotating too.

That depends.

Sorry, I couldn't keep it simple without being railroaded by your poorly worded questions. I had to add a little context.