Absolute Proof the Earth Rotates

• 612 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Re: Absolute Proof the Earth Rotates
« Reply #570 on: March 27, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »

What did you see? Satellites exist.
I'll wait for you to put up some of the pictures you're going on about. I won't comment until I see them.
Speaking of pictures show us a picture from the underneath of your flat earth.
There isn't one that I know of. There you go. How's that for honesty.

But there are pictures of earth from space. They are real. I'm also being honest. So everyone is being honest. The earth is honestly round. So how easy this is? Just accept the earth for what it is. A round ball rotating and orbiting the sun. I know it is what you really think.
I'd sooner believe in a stick Earth with stick people than ever believe in a rotating globe. It is 1 trillion + %, nonsense with absolute nonsensical excuses made up to try and keep it as a reality.
The biggest shock is in supposedly intelligent people actually buying into it, hook, line and sinker.
As you said you would not accept ANY picture as valid. So why would we waist our time with you.

« Reply #571 on: March 27, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
I'd sooner believe in a stick Earth with stick people than ever believe in a rotating globe. It is 1 trillion + %, nonsense with absolute nonsensical excuses made up to try and keep it as a reality.
The biggest shock is in supposedly intelligent people actually buying into it, hook, line and sinker.

And why do you think that you are smarter than 99.999999% of the world and nobody else can figure this out?

ausGeoff

« Reply #572 on: March 28, 2014, 03:44:05 AM »

Guys..... I think by now we should all (including flat earthers) acknowledge that sceptimatic is nothing more than a TROLL who's simply playing his little games with us, and in all likelihood pissing himself laughing at the repeated—but ultimately worthless—responses we make to his every puerile comment.

My advice?  Save your time, your sanity, and your bandwidth, and simply avoid responding to his schoolboy rubbish.

I was relieved when he included me on his IGNORE list, but as it's turned out, he still reads my posts, and responds to them.  I don't know why this should be if I'm on his IGNORE list?  Maybe he just can't resist the logic of my comments?

Whatever, there's really no point in even attempting to discuss anything of even a vaguely rational or scientific nature with sceptimatic.  It's patently obvious he has virtually no concept of the mechanics or physics of anything much in the real world.  He seems to inhabit some sort of alternate, mythological world wherein the accepted and proven laws of nature simply don't apply—because he says they don't.  Which is exactly the sort of things little kids do when they're scared of the bogeyman in their closet at night LOL.

In the long run, sceptimatic himself provides one of the most tangible pieces of evidence that the flat earth model doesn't, and cannot, exist.  If he's in any way representative of the flat earth mind set, then us round earthers have won—game, set, and match.

?

Starman

« Reply #573 on: March 28, 2014, 03:50:50 AM »
Scepti is a troll but a 6 year old one. My challenge is to piss him off at times. He is my mental toy.

« Reply #574 on: March 28, 2014, 04:24:02 AM »
Do you think it's possible all Flat Earthers are trolls? What if Jroa, Scepti and all of them are just part of this tongue in cheek bizarre type of trolling humor? It could be some type of weird inside joke couldn't it be?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #575 on: March 28, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »
That would be convenient for you, would it not? 

ausGeoff

« Reply #576 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:40 AM »

As a matter of interest jroa..... can you confirm (at some sort of moderator level) that sceptimatic is not a troll?

(I only ask because he seems to be doing a lot more harm to the integrity of the FES than stuff in its favour.)

?

Starman

« Reply #577 on: March 28, 2014, 05:26:24 AM »

As a matter of interest jroa..... can you confirm (at some sort of moderator level) that sceptimatic is not a troll?

(I only ask because he seems to be doing a lot more harm to the integrity of the FES than stuff in its favour.)
Yes and he does not agree totally with the FE model.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #578 on: March 28, 2014, 05:27:13 AM »
I cannot confirm what sceptimatic believes.  I have never met the guy, much less can I go in his mind. 

« Reply #579 on: March 28, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »
Scepti is a troll but a 6 year old one. My challenge is to piss him off at times. He is my mental toy.
You have a sinister mind.

« Reply #580 on: March 28, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
Please look up electromagnetic induction.
Please look up physics.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #581 on: March 28, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
Let's both look it up and we can discuss who was wrong.  Electromagnetic Induction is used everyday.  It is not a hypotheses or something like that.  It is real. 

?

Starman

« Reply #582 on: March 28, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »
You have a sinister mind.
I actually respect most of the FE'ers if they engage in good debates but scepti is totally not with this FE model. He thinks the FE is a cell and there is nothing else that exist. He deserve special attention don't you think?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »
He is entitled to his own opinions, don't you think? 

?

Starman

« Reply #584 on: March 28, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
He is entitled to his own opinions, don't you think?
Yes that is why we are all here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #585 on: March 28, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
Then, maybe you could lay off the personal attacks and let him speak his mind? 

?

Starman

« Reply #586 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
I must admit I do use a few chosen words but so does lots of everybody to everybody else. I ask a lot of question to him because he is extreme in his ideas. He does more than his share to call everybody else names and others thing.

?

Starman

« Reply #587 on: March 28, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »
I must admit I do use a few chosen words but so does lots of everybody to everybody else. I ask a lot of question to him because he is extreme in his ideas. He does more than his share to call everybody else names and others thing.

ausGeoff

« Reply #588 on: March 29, 2014, 12:15:42 AM »

We're not "attacking" sceptimatic at a personal level.  What are suggesting is that he brings absolutely nothing of worth to the flat earth discussion other than absurd, often self-contradictory, scientifically-implausible, and at times willfully inflammatory comments.  Often these comments (such as they could even be considered comments!) are personal attacks and/or insults directed at other members—particularly round earthers.  It would appear to many folks here (even flat earthers) that sceptimatic is not in any way, shape or form a trued believer in the flat earth theory.

His usual modus operandi is simply to flatly deny the veracity of other members' comments—made in a genuine attempt to debate the likelihood of a flat earth—and respond with puerile, rhetorical questions of his own which offer no alternative, relevant explanations to support his position statements.   It's fairly obvious to everybody here that sceptimatic has not the slightest intention of providing any meaningful evidence for any of his own pseudo-scientific claims, or his disparagement of others' claims.  Consider the dozens of logically meaningless comments he's posted about the Foucault Pendulum as a classic example of this.

I'm more than happy to debate the flat earth versus round earth conundrum with other folks who enter into the spirit of the debate with their own sound, considered arguments in favour of either model, but I have the expectation (as would most other articulate people here) of rational, robust, adult responses to the efforts I make towards an articulate debate.  I'm constantly annoyed by sceptimatic's continuous and deliberate derailing of thread after thread for no other reason (apparently) than to give his ego a stroke, or wield some sort of deluded "power" over other respondents.

And of course I agree; everyone on a forum such as this is more than entitled to voice their personal opinion, but that shouldn't allow deliberate obstruction, misdirection, evasion, or calculated prevarication.

In my opinion, people such as sceptimatic should be banned permanently unless they can show by example that they have a genuine, focussed and legitimate interest in furthering their cause, be it round earth or flat earth.

(And before anyone suggests it, I've repeatedly asked sceptimatic to add me to his IGNORE listing.  He's claimed that he's done so, but he still insists on trawling through my comments and responding—usually with inconsequential content and/or thinly-veiled personal insults.)  So what's the intended purpose of the IGNORE option?

I'm also guessing that there'll be quite a few other members here agreeing quietly with my rather long-winded (apologies!) post about sceptimatic's ongoing and disruptive activities on this forum.

I've also been told by a couple of moderators not to report sceptimatic's transgressions and/or non-compliance with the forum's terms and conditions.  And I've also worn a 48-hour ban with no warning or reason, other than—apparently—upsetting a moderator.   And which moderator flatly refused to offer any specific reason(s) for my banning.

There's obviously two sets of rules on this forum (regrettably); one for flat earthers, and a far more restrictive one for round earthers.  As the moderating team repeatedly fail to censure any of sceptimatic's postings, I can only assume that he shares some sort of privileged position within this forum that insulates him from the usual rules that apply to everybody else.  It's been noted that despite many other respondents getting "low content - upper fora" warnings, I have not once seen this warning applied to even one of sceptimatic's zero content posts—even those consisting solely of a single word!

?

tappet

« Reply #589 on: March 29, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »
I rather enjoy sceptimatics posts. I think it could get quite boring without him here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #590 on: March 29, 2014, 12:28:40 AM »
He/she is allowed to have his/her own opinion, just as you are, ausGeoff.  If you don't like his/her posts, then simply place sceptimatic on your ignore list.  It is as simple as that.  There is no need to get all melodramatic about it.  Everyone has an ignore list. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #591 on: March 29, 2014, 12:39:42 AM »
Also, I will have you know that I have not only issued several warnings to sceptimatic, but I have also given him banns in the past, which is worse than I do for you, asking you not to report every single post that you do not like.  You probably think it is easy being the only active moderator here.  Well, you are wrong.  I spend my time not only keeping the forums alive, but sifting through all of the crap that you guys report everyday.  I am sick and tired of you reporting every freaking single post that is not a paragraph long.  For F*ck's sake, grow the f*ck up.  We are all adults here.  You will probably report this post as well. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #592 on: March 29, 2014, 01:20:31 AM »
He/she is allowed to have his/her own opinion, just as you are, ausGeoff.  If you don't like his/her posts, then simply place sceptimatic on your ignore list.  It is as simple as that.  There is no need to get all melodramatic about it.  Everyone has an ignore list.

I'm sorry to harp on this sceptimatic "issue" jroa, but the vast majority of sceptimatic's responses are simply thinly disguised attacks on other people personally, rather than their arguments.  Generally speaking, he does not post any science-based opinions;  he simply responds with off-topic, rhetorical questions of his own—in order to avoid answering other peoples' legitimate questions directed specifically at the few scientific claims he does make.

There's absolutely no point on me placing him on my IGNORE list, as I've already explained about the reverse scenario, this will make no difference whatsoever to his flooding these forums with puerile comments not worthy of the flat earth forum.

And I have to take exception at you describing my comments as "melodramatic".  Far from being overly emotional, I'd consider my comments about sceptimatic as being eminently coherent and rational. At any rate, it's self-contradictory.  You firstly claim that everyone is allowed to "have his/her own opinion" and now you're implying that my comments are inappropriate.  Can you honestly say that sceptimatic's posts are (apparently) more worthy than mine, more articulate, or more appropriate to furthering the flat earth society's aims of education and enlightenment?

Ironically, you've clearly (maybe inadvertently?) now indicated that you're favouring the defence of a flat earther, and disparaging a round earther.  Can you tell me why you won't ban sceptimatic for an indefinite period—considering his ongoing disregard for just about every posting rule on these forums?  Or do you truly believe that he has something—anything—of value to bring to the discussion?  Seriously?

It seems now we don't have the option (according to you) of reporting breaches of the forum's rules, nor do we have the option of posting  negative comments about other members' negative and disruptive behaviours?

You are familiar with the term democracy are you not?

ausGeoff

« Reply #593 on: March 29, 2014, 01:37:48 AM »
I spend my time not only keeping the forums alive, but sifting through all of the crap that you guys report everyday.  I am sick and tired of you reporting every freaking single post that is not a paragraph long.  For F*ck's sake, grow the f*ck up.  We are all adults here.  You will probably report this post as well.

If you truly think you're doing a great job and expending a lot of personal effort in "keeping the forums alive" jroa then I can only say—with all due respect—you're sadly self-delusional.  These forums would amount to some of the worst maintained and moderated forums I've ever taken part in.  Any attempts by people such as myself to introduce any sort of scientific rationale are met by scorn, ridicule and personal, derisive insults from far too many round earthers.

I have never—not one single time—reported any post from any member for being less than "a paragraph long", and for you to claim the contrary does your cause no good, and really makes me question your sincerity and impartiality as a moderator jroa.

It's also ironic that having mentioned the profusion of one-liners, you in fact are one of the worst culprits for doing exactly this!  I'm guessing you adhere to the good old "do as I say, but not as I do" adage?  Hypocritical much?

And for you to tell me to "grow the fuck up" is the ultimate of all ironies LOL.

Do what you will with this post of mine jroa:  I'm betting you give it the big heave-ho.  But at least I've made my point, and given you something to think about in your moderators' ivory tower.  Maybe it's you that needs to grow up?  Ouch!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #594 on: March 29, 2014, 01:43:36 AM »
One of the other moderators wanted to give you a warning for abusing the report function.  I don't know if they did or not, but I actually stood up for you and asked that they just simply explain what it is for. 

If I banned sceptimatic and all of the other flat Earthers that you report, there would be no one left, including myself.  You act like you are a vigilante or something.  Guess what?  We actually read the threads. 

There are what, like 4 or 5 of us flat Earthers that are active on the forums.  If it was up to you, we would all be banned.  Yes, the rules are not enforced as strictly on them, because there are so few.

You want to knit pick at scepti, yet you can not even come up with a good reason.  You don't like his posts and he did not put you on his ignore list or what ever.  Boohoo.  Grow up. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #595 on: March 29, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »
Also, I will have you know that I have not only issued several warnings to sceptimatic, but I have also given him bans in the past [...]

So how can it be that if you've allegedly given sceptimatic "several warnings" already, that he's not banned from posting indefinitely?  How many times do you have to warn a member before he's perma-banned?

And how can you justify my 48-hour ban applied a couple of weeks ago by your moderator buddy ski?  Who lied blatantly in claiming that he'd "warned" me "several" times before applying the ban.  And who then couldn't even tell me precisely why he banned me (other than his own petty pique apparently).

Honestly?  The almost non-existent moderation on this forum leaves a lot to be desired.  You guys really need to get your act together if you want to keep this site viable.  And slack moderation and inconsistently-applied rules won't help your cause.  Sorry.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #596 on: March 29, 2014, 01:49:58 AM »
Give me one good reason why sceptimatic should receive a banning, you hypocrite.  You are as much a part of this society as he is. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #597 on: March 29, 2014, 01:51:38 AM »

There are what, like 4 or 5 of us flat Earthers that are active on the forums.  If it was up to you, we would all be banned. Yes, the rules are NOT enforced as strictly on them, because there are so few.

Thank you for at least confirming that flat earthers receive favoured treatment on this forum.  The fairness of the democratic system at work?  Pathetic.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #598 on: March 29, 2014, 01:55:43 AM »
You got a ban because you were posting hateful things about Rowbathem just to get a rouse out of the FE'ers.  You were asked to stop, and were warned that if you continued, you would get a ban.  The mod that banned you even asked you to make a new thread and he would gladly debate with you about Rowbathem's credentials.  I know you are going to lie and deny this, but I saw it.  Instead, you kept making posts that did nothing but attempt to draw FE'ers into an argument.  Then, you plead to mods because you claim you did not receive a warning.  This is horse shit and you know it. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #599 on: March 29, 2014, 01:58:56 AM »
Give me one good reason why sceptimatic should receive a banning, you hypocrite.  You are as much a part of this society as he is.

Seriously?  I could list literally dozens of infractions of the forum rules that sceptimatic's been guilty of over the couple of months I've been a member here.

Do you really think that sceptimatic's endless, bizarre, off-topic, insulting, nonsensical, juvenile, comments add anything at all to the credibility of the flat earth cause?  The guy is the ultimate loose cannon, and only wastes everybody's time—flat earthers included.

Get rid of him.  Too easy.