Distance from south Africa to Melbourne Australia in the Flat Earth.

• 13 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Lets face it, if the world is flat you must be able to map it. How hard could it be. If you want to sail from south Africa to Melbourne Australia you must have an idea how far it is so you can make the trip safely. Does anybody of the FE'ers can give me a accurate number? In the round world I can find that out in a few minutes. I suspect the FE'ers will ignore this request. That is a easy cop out.

?

Starman

Re: Distance from south Africa to Melbourne Australia in the Flat Earth.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:33:35 AM »
Well looks that I am right. No FE'ers want to tackle the distance challenge I introduced. Better to ignore something you don't have any information or can't prove. Come on FE'ers it is not that hard. A 10 year old kid could give me the answer. He make take a few minutes but he will make the effort.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:09:43 PM »
Lets face it, if the world is flat you must be able to map it. How hard could it be.

Why do you assume that it is easy to map the entire Earth? 

Does anybody of the FE'ers can give me a accurate number?

If you are will to sponsor the expedition, I am willing to travel and report back accurate numbers.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 01:09:35 AM »
Lets face it, if the world is flat you must be able to map it. How hard could it be.

Why do you assume that it is easy to map the entire Earth? 

Does anybody of the FE'ers can give me a accurate number?

If you are will to sponsor the expedition, I am willing to travel and report back accurate numbers.
Where would you start and how would you measure distances and directions?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:22:37 AM »
Good questions.  I would have to come up with a game plan. 

?

Starman

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 06:02:58 PM »
Good questions.  I would have to come up with a game plan.
If you want to know the distance just look up a airline flight schedule in the area of Australia to south Africa. You should be able to find  the air speed and flight time. You can calculate the distance from that Information.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 06:29:07 PM »
When we start flying across the South Pole on commercial flights as we now fly over the North Pole, what will you guys say then?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 11:32:10 PM »
Why don't we already do that?  Shouldn't we be flying across the south pole for some of the air routes to save time?  Yet, airlines only fly over the north pole.  This seems suspicious to me. 

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 12:37:27 AM »
Why don't we already do that?  Shouldn't we be flying across the south pole for some of the air routes to save time?  Yet, airlines only fly over the north pole.  This seems suspicious to me.
Which routes would be better over the south pole?  Why not find out first before posting here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 02:05:06 AM »
Which routes would be better over the south pole?  Why not find out first before posting here.

Perth to the Falklands should go right over the south pole, but it does not go anywhere near Antarctica in real life. 

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 02:16:18 AM »

Perth to the Falklands should go right over the south pole, but it does not go anywhere near Antarctica in real life.
Details please.

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 02:33:51 AM »

No because what happens if you need to make an emergency landing or refuel? For example, a common way to fly from California to China is up through Canada over Russia and back down in case a plane needs to land.  Plus the weather conditions could be a problem. There are no airports in Antarctica. How they will overcome this in the future I don't know. Maybe build some landing strips.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 02:36:41 AM »
About flights over South Pole:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/24/antarctica-flights-air-new-zealand
"about 35,000 are reported to have visited the continent last summer"

"New Zealand's flagship airline plans to fly planes to Antarctica that would land on an ice runway."

So they will be building run ways there.

". If successful, it would operate two more charter flights during the upcoming Antarctic summer season. Planes would leave from Christchurch and land on the Pegasus runway on the Ross Ice Shelf, a trip of 2,090 nautical miles that takes about five hours.

Unlike existing military flights, the Air New Zealand planes could return, in good conditions, without the need for expensive and complicated refuelling.

The flights have been chartered by Antarctica New Zealand, the agency that runs the country's Antarctic programme. Flights would also carry American scientists as the US works collaboratively with the South Pacific nation in Antarctica."

So it looks like Antarctica is real.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 03:50:34 AM »

No because what happens if you need to make an emergency landing or refuel? For example, a common way to fly from California to China is up through Canada over Russia and back down in case a plane needs to land.  Plus the weather conditions could be a problem. There are no airports in Antarctica. How they will overcome this in the future I don't know. Maybe build some landing strips.

Why do they risk taking flights from New York to Spain then?  Wouldn't it be too dangerous because of the same things you listed?