Questions regarding the Sceptimatic "Air pressure" Theory

• 540 Replies

glokta

Questions regarding the Sceptimatic "Air pressure" Theory
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:11:36 AM »
To keep the questions from cluttering up other threads I have some questions regarding sceptimatic's claim that gravity is a myth, air pressure is in fact responsible for everything we attribute to gravity. So first off, please respond to the fact that bubbles are spherical as a result of air pressure acting equally from all directions at once.
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Re: Questions regarding the Sceptimatic "Air pressure" Theory
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:20:18 AM »
To keep the questions from cluttering up other threads I have some questions regarding sceptimatic's claim that gravity is a myth, air pressure is in fact responsible for everything we attribute to gravity. So first off, please respond to the fact that bubbles are spherical as a result of air pressure acting equally from all directions at once.
Have you ever seen a level with a small bubble in a green liquid. There is no air pressure in the sealed unit. Gravity will always keep the bubble up.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:33:23 AM »
Have you ever seen a level with a small bubble in a green liquid. There is no air pressure in the sealed unit. Gravity will always keep the bubble up.
LIES!!!!!  The liquid is yellow!!!!! ;D

Anyways, there is air pressure inside the unit.  Otherwise there wouldn't be a bubble now would there?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:33:45 AM »
Air bubbles aren't completely perfectly spherical.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »
Doesn't look spherical to me.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:41:00 AM »

And why do you think that is?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Starman

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:17 AM »
True but in space it is perfectly spherical. " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:08 AM »
You see, an air bubble can only be classes as perfectly spherical IF it can be suspended with no motion and not attached to anything. Can anyone name a situation where this could happen? I can't.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 06:45:00 AM »
True but in space it is perfectly spherical. " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Yes fair enough but in all fairness, you know what I think about space, don't you?

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 06:46:14 AM »
Knowing what you think, and caring what you think are quite separate.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Starman

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 07:04:03 AM »
Yes fair enough but in all fairness, you know what I think about space, don't you?
Yes and you will never understand anything about space. It is sad to how many things you miss about the 21th century.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:00 AM »
Yes and you will never understand anything about space. It is sad to how many things you miss about the 21th century.
I gree with you. I will never understand something that I do not believe to exist in the way we have been told and that's my prerogative, just as it is yours to believe that it does.
Either way we are both only going off thoughts and not any actual PHYSICAL evidence. I know you can cite rocket launches and telescopes and radar,laser and video, plus picture evidence whilst also hinging a lot of physicists, which appears to have all the evidence stacked in your court for you to believe all that and fair enough. It just doesn't wash with me with what they show and tell me. I have my own thoughts on what this Earth is and what's beyond it.

?

Starman

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
I gree with you. I will never understand something that I do not believe to exist in the way we have been told and that's my prerogative, just as it is yours to believe that it does.
Either way we are both only going off thoughts and not any actual PHYSICAL evidence. I know you can cite rocket launches and telescopes and radar,laser and video, plus picture evidence whilst also hinging a lot of physicists, which appears to have all the evidence stacked in your court for you to believe all that and fair enough. It just doesn't wash with me with what they show and tell me. I have my own thoughts on what this Earth is and what's beyond it.
Nothing wrong with what you said.

glokta

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 07:32:45 AM »
You see, an air bubble can only be classes as perfectly spherical IF it can be suspended with no motion and not attached to anything. Can anyone name a situation where this could happen? I can't.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:34:51 AM by glokta »

glokta

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 07:35:57 AM »
Why can't it be in motion?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »

The problem still exists.

?

QuQu

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
I'm afraid sceptimatic is below the age kids start playing with bubbles in the air, so he can't understand this.

?

Fe_denier

• "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 04:52:07 PM »

Fair enough, "the good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." Your just missing out on a universe stranger and more interesting than whatever you could possibly have in your head. You should by a telescope and see the universe yourself, consider all evidence with an open mind and not only debate what you don't believe in but what you do. If you truly opened your mind to our world I suspect you might change your mind.

?

burt

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »

Successfully derailed. Can I repeat the question:

So first off, please respond to the fact that bubbles are spherical as a result of air pressure acting equally from all directions at once.

?

burt

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »

Lol. jroa, please think before you post.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »

Successfully derailed. Can I repeat the question:

So first off, please respond to the fact that bubbles are spherical as a result of air pressure acting equally from all directions at once.
Who is this directed to?

?

burt

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »
I would say: you, scepticmatic. But I would like an answer, so anyone who is willing to actually answer the question, without an implicit evasion.

?

Starman

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

If you had this level in 0 gravity it would look different. The bubble would look like a sphere.

?

burt

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »

If you had this level in 0 gravity it would look different. The bubble would look like a sphere.

Are you responding to me or jroa, both?

It is an irrelevant example anyway.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
I would say: you, scepticmatic. But I would like an answer, so anyone who is willing to actually answer the question, without an implicit evasion.
Air acts evenly all around the bubble after the bubble has been formed by air entering a liquid and envelopes it. I don't really know how exactly you want me to answer this question any other way.

?

Starman

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
Air acts evenly all around the bubble after the bubble has been formed by air entering a liquid and envelopes it. I don't really know how exactly you want me to answer this question any other way.
If you replace the air bubble with wood it will always flat on top. There is no air pressure in the level. If you had this level in 0 gravity it would be all over the place.

?

burt

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 05:30:50 PM »
Air acts evenly all around the bubble after the bubble has been formed by air entering a liquid and envelopes it.

Thanks.

I don't really know how exactly you want me to answer this question any other way.

You seemed to do a pretty good job. Well done  ;D

glokta

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 12:57:32 AM »
Air acts evenly all around the bubble after the bubble has been formed by air entering a liquid and envelopes it.

Thanks.

I don't really know how exactly you want me to answer this question any other way.

So to conclude, air pressure acts equally from all directions.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 01:14:44 AM »

Thanks.

Yes, in perfect conditions.

glokta

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:47 AM »

Thanks.

Yes, in perfect conditions.
So in your theory air pressure pushes down on things in place of gravity - except for the times it can be proved it doesn't?