Differential heating on a flat earth.

• 140 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: Differential heating on a flat earth.
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »
Guess not...

That's not how the FE model works at all. You need to broaden your understanding of how the sun & the moon work in the FE model. I would suggest reading through this wiki, it's very informative.

I think glokta's point is highly relevant. If the moon were such a short distance away then it doesn't seem to me that everyone on earth who has a visible moon to see, would see the same phase.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
I think glokta's point is highly relevant. If the moon were such a short distance away then it doesn't seem to me that everyone on earth who has a visible moon to see, would see the same phase.

I didn't say it was irrelevant. I just said it was wrong. Which it is. Everything you need to know is here.
Read the FAQS.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »

I didn't say it was irrelevant. I just said it was wrong. Which it is. Everything you need to know is here.

Yes, FE'rs think the sun and moon go around in a circle. Thanks for that. Doesn't really surmise much about moon phases though does it?

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2014, 11:05:53 AM »
Doesn't really surmise much about moon phases though does it?

There's an app for that.
Read the FAQS.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »
Doesn't really surmise much about moon phases though does it?

There's an app for that.

Apparently the author of that wiki entry doesn't know what a phase is. An upside down gibbous is still a gibbous. For that to be the case it would have to be considerably further away than 3000 miles.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »
What?  If I hold a light bulb up near a wall, are you saying that the light from the bulb is striking the entire wall at the same angle?
Rotate that lightbulb around the flat earth disk drawn on the wall. The result would be the hottest ring directly under the bulb and a uniform drop in temperature outwards towards the centre and the outside edge. Not to mention lack of seasons.
Below the Sun's path is the equator - the arctic is in the center - Antarctica is around the edge.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
Yes.  I don't understand why this is so confusing.

?

burt

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »
Quote from: Daniel link=http://wiki.tfes.org/Sun
The Sun's area of light is limited to a circular area of light upon the earth much like the light of a lighthouse is limited to a finite circular area around it. The rotating light on a lighthouse does not propagate infinitely into the distance. This means that only certain portions of the Earth are lightened at a time. It also describes how night and day arise on a Flat Earth. The apparent view of rising and setting are caused by perspective, just as a flock of birds overhead will descend into the horizon as they fly into the distance.

But how does saying it does not infinitely propagate explain anything?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
What exactly does not make sense?  Are you confused about light not being able to travel an infinite distance?  The reason is because the air is not perfectly transparent. 

?

burt

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:20 PM »
What exactly does not make sense?  Are you confused about light not being able to travel an infinite distance?  The reason is because the air is not perfectly transparent.

Jroa, you are getting infinitisimally close to an argument that I destroyed you on ages ago. You are a person who gets proved wrong and then comes back later to the topic and says exactly the same thing you were shown to be wrong about.

What is it meant to explain. the infinite thing. why not just say it does not propegate far enough to reach a certain distance why an infinite distance.

Furthermore, how can we see stars from horizon to horizon at night and not see the sun? explain that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:36:57 PM by burt »

ausGeoff

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2014, 05:15:25 PM »

3000 miles.

You do understand that any amateur astronomer's backyard telescope will easily see a 32 mile diameter object at a distance of 3,000 miles aren't you jroa?

So that means the moon would in fact be visible from each and every location on your flat earth model would it not?  But you've also claimed previously that it can't be seen from all across the planet.

Which is it gonna be?  Yes we can always see it, or no, we can only see it sometimes?  And if the latter, please explain how that could be.

?

burt

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »

Jroa, you are getting infinitisimally close to an argument that I destroyed you on ages ago. You are a person who gets proved wrong and then comes back later to the topic and says exactly the same thing you were shown to be wrong about.

What is it meant to explain. the infinite thing. why not just say it does not propegate far enough to reach a certain distance why an infinite distance.

Furthermore, how can we see stars from horizon to horizon at night and not see the sun? explain that.

Let me give my hypothesis. I might be wrong, because I don't understand the point of using infinite. it is is because if they give an actual distance for how far the sun can propagate light, and it still be visible, there will questions about the composition of the sun etc, and that is on shaky ground because they have to do some actual work to make it consistent.

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »

I know anyone who believes the above diagram is deprived of intelligence, knowledge of physics/math/science/astronomy and critical thinking, but how embarrassing for them anyway.

Question: What is the shape of the sun? If it is a sphere shining 3000km above a flat earth, why does it not light the entire world at once? You claim it has a 'spotlight' affect; can you explain this mechanism? Why does it propagate light like this?

How does this model explain sunsets? Every scenario/hypothesis I play through my mind makes no sense. Why is it the sun and the moon are not able to be seen at all times by an observer, regardless of their location? If the sun is a spotlight, why can't people in the shadow still see it as it moves away from them?

I'd love to see someone attempt a working model that accounts for observable phenomena and not just one at a time. The wiki explains nothing.

Would make for a good laugh, anyway.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »
If you destroyed my argument about something, then I must have missed it.  Also, stars fade away close to the horizon. 

?

burt

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
If you destroyed my argument about something, then I must have missed it.

Nah, you probably just forgot.
Also, stars fade away close to the horizon.

That does not answer my question.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »

3000 miles.

You do understand that any amateur astronomer's backyard telescope will easily see a 32 mile diameter object at a distance of 3,000 miles aren't you jroa?

So that means the moon would in fact be visible from each and every location on your flat earth model would it not?  But you've also claimed previously that it can't be seen from all across the planet.

Which is it gonna be?  Yes we can always see it, or no, we can only see it sometimes?  And if the latter, please explain how that could be.

Do you think that light can travel through an infinite amount of air?  A mountain will start to fade away at less than 100 miles.  Why would light from the moon be able to penetrate the atmoplane to reach the entire world?

?

burt

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2014, 08:26:23 PM »

3000 miles.

Do you think that light can travel through an infinite amount of air?  A mountain will start to fade away at less than 100 miles.  Why would light from the moon be able to penetrate the atmoplane to reach the entire world?

But why is it that we can see stars in all areas of the sky, at night, but not the sun?

I have tried to orient myself to where the sun would be by using your flat earth map, in that area there are only stars. Are you telling me that stars penetrate this atmosphere better than  the sun and the sun itself?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:29:17 PM by burt »

?

burt

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »

3000 miles.

F*** the moon.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2014, 08:46:23 PM »

3000 miles.

But why is it that we can see stars in all areas of the sky, at night, but not the sun?

I have tried to orient myself to where the sun would be by using your flat earth map, in that area there are only stars. Are you telling me that stars penetrate this atmosphere better than  the sun and the sun itself?

The stars are closer to you than the sun at the time. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09:45 PM »
Do you think that light can travel through an infinite amount of air?
Yes.  Even the light reflected from our moon travels  384,400km.

A mountain will start to fade away at less than 100 miles.
What exactly do you mean by start to "fade away"?  Is that definition some sort of flat earth science?  At any rate, depending on the intervening atmospheric conditions, the mountain may start to fade away at only 50 miles.  Or maybe 200 miles (if you're in the centre of the Australian outback).

The following image disproves your claim about "less than 100 miles".

The Teton Range seen from Sepulcher mountain, a distance of over 100 miles.

Why would light from the moon be able to penetrate the atmoplane to reach the entire world?
Can you please give me the definition of "atmoplane" as Google and Wikipedia don't recognise the term.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2014, 10:24:29 PM »
The 100 mile number was not a hard figure.  If mountains fade with distance, then is it a hard stretch to assume the sun does as well?

The atmoplane is the air on the Earth. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »

The atmoplane is the air on the Earth.

Is that identical to the accepted term of "troposphere" which extends for around 15km to 20km above the earth's surface?

If so, why have the flat earthers invented a new name for it?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2014, 10:53:03 PM »
There are several different atmolayers in the atmoplane.  The tropolayer is one of them. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »
There are several different atmolayers in the atmoplane.  The tropolayer is one of them.

Tropolayer?  This is a bit confusing.  Maybe a rough diagram is in order, or a link to a previous posting?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2014, 11:30:42 PM »
What exactly is confusing you?

ausGeoff

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2014, 11:40:34 PM »

I have no understanding of the terms "atmolayer", "tropolayer", or exactly what the phrase "several different atmolayers" refers to.  None of these are terms I can find with a quick Google or Wiki search.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2014, 12:00:51 AM »
Oh, well here you go, then.  Atmolayer

ausGeoff

« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2014, 12:15:58 AM »
Oh, well here you go, then.  Atmolayer

Thanks for the link.  I note that the flat earth definitions are basically in accord with the standard global model except that "sphere" has been replaced with "layer".  Which makes sense from a flat earth perspective I guess.

« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2014, 04:00:49 AM »
Probably your made up words and science used to describe a completely broken "model"
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

burt

« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »

3000 miles.

The stars are closer to you than the sun at the time.

Where, and what, are stars?