Effects on the body after being in space.

• 26 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Effects on the body after being in space.
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:46:22 AM »
Here is a video explaining the dangers of being in space. Watch it all, it's quite informative. Take in everything that's said as it's important to know. I mean, you never know; maybe one day one of you global Earth believers may get the chance to go into space, Maybe? Possibly? Ok maybe not!

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">#

Now read this and use your own logic.
I'll put in bold the pertinent laughable bits.
1995: Cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov returns to Earth from the longest-ever stay in space by a human. He spent just over 437 days in the Mir space station.

Thanks to a strenuous workout regimen, he returned to Earth looking “big and strong” and “like he could wrestle a bear,” in the words of NASA astronaut Norman Thagard.

Polyakov, a medical doctor, said that he volunteered for the extra-long mission to prove that the human body could survive microgravity long enough to make a trip to Mars. As such, he took pains to show that he was no worse for the zero-g wear when he got back onto terra firma.

“[W]hen his capsule landed in Kazakhstan he walked from it to a nearby chair, a tremendous achievement,” Philip Baker wrote in his book The Story of Manned Space Stations. “He also stole a cigarette from a friend nearby, but could hardly be blamed for that. He sipped a small brandy and inwardly celebrated his mission. His record still stands, and it is unlikely to be broken until man ventures to Mars.”

Reportedly, his first statement back on Earth was to tell a fellow cosmonaut, “We can fly to Mars.”

Polyakov’s mission did not get off to an auspicious start. When the cosmonauts who dropped him off did a flyby to take pictures of Mir, they grazed the space station with their craft. Luckily, no major damage was done.
 ;D ::)

So from watching the video to reading about the amazing exploits of Valeri Valera we can maybe conclude 5 things from it all.

1. All earlier space missions had better exercise equipment and people's bones and bodies were much strong than today.

2. Micro gravity in the earlier days was a lot different from what it is today.

3. Valeri is a cyborg or fully automated robot, although we can discount the robot as the cigarette and brandy wouldn't make sense and the brandy would probably blow his circuits.

4.Chris hadfield is simply a weakling and somehow slipped through NASA's strict testing until being found out upon returning that he had the equivalent of brittle bones and managed to keep blagging his way back up despite coming back crippled all the time after only a few months.

5. The space program is a big sham and it's an insult to our intelligence, plus nobody can quite make up their minds about what space is and does even though it's supposedly been conquered numerous times from the 50's to present day.

Ladies and gentlemen, make up your own minds on what you think you are viewing and being told. You already know what I think of it all.

Here is the full read up.
http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/2010/03/0322cosmonaut-space-record/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:42:10 AM by sceptimatic »

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: Effects on the body after being in space.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57:37 AM »
I don't understand what you are trying to say or how it relates to a flat-earth.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »
Here goes sceptimatic again making up his own conclusions. Who cares what he says!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:10:06 AM »
I don't understand what you are trying to say or how it relates to a flat-earth.
If it's not in the right place, feel free to move it.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »
^^this

It just seems like random rambling to me.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »

I would rather give you the opportunity to explain point.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »

The point is quite simple if you listen to the video of Hadfield and then look at the  wording from the Russian side of the coin.
Hadfield supposedly needs rehabilitating after a few months in supposed space but the Russian comes back like Mike Tyson, fighting fit with no effects of being in supposed space for 437 days or one and a quarter years of being in space.
Would you not say there is something wrong with this?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »
Scepti, are you saying that none of the Russian cosmonauts needed rehab after their long duration space flights?  If so, then you need to provide a lot more than just one counterexample of NASA's claims.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »
Here goes sceptimatic again making up his own conclusions. Who cares what he says!

Uh... I'll take a stab for $64,000...

Absolutely NOBODY.  Do I walk away with the cheque?

;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Scepti, are you saying that none of the Russian cosmonauts needed rehab after their long duration space flights?  If so, then you need to provide a lot more than just one counterexample of NASA's claims.
A few months in so called space for Hadfield, etc and he's in rehab.
437 days in so called space for the Russian and no rehab or any effects at all, as if he'd never been in space. (There's a valid reason for this, I'm sure you can guess).

Now are you trying to tell me that this appears all in order, seriously?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
437 days in so called space for the Russian and no rehab or any effects at all, as if he'd never been in space.
Who said that the Russian had "no rehab or any effects at all"?  Have you personally examined his medical records before, during and after his flight?

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »

Perhaps to a suitable garbage can, if possible.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »
437 days in so called space for the Russian and no rehab or any effects at all, as if he'd never been in space.

“[W]hen his capsule landed in Kazakhstan he walked from it to a nearby chair, a tremendous achievement,”

Unless this guy is a paraplegic, the fact that walking from the capsule to a chair is described as a "tremendous achievement" disproves your assertion that there were no ill effects.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »
Who said that the Russian had "no rehab or any effects at all"?  Have you personally examined his medical records before, during and after his flight?
No I haven't but the point is, he supposedly landed on Earth and was fighting fit, when other so called astronauts came down supposedly all weak and frail and unable to walk after just a few months.

Did you watch the video?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »

Perhaps to a suitable garbage can, if possible.
Yeah because questioning things is not the in thing is it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »

“[W]hen his capsule landed in Kazakhstan he walked from it to a nearby chair, a tremendous achievement,”

Unless this guy is a paraplegic, the fact that walking from the capsule to a chair is described as a "tremendous achievement" disproves your assertion that there were no ill effects.
You forgot to mention this:

Thanks to a strenuous workout regimen, he returned to Earth looking “big and strong” and “like he could wrestle a bear,” in the words of NASA astronaut Norman Thagard.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »
You forgot to mention this:

I didn't forget it. I can however comprehend what I read. Looking big and strong enough to wrestle a bear does not mean he was actually capable of doing so. Have you ever heard of a big strong bear wrestler taking a short walk to a wheel chair and the walk being described as a tremendous achievement?

Yeah because questioning things is not the in thing is it.

You question nothing. You state an asinine theory or observation and then dismiss anyone who disagrees with you. My suggestion is to have Ryan start you your own blog at:

www.sceptithoughts.gov.www\sceptithoughts

The world will be a better place. (Ten points to anyone who gets that reference BTW)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:27:31 PM by Whiskey »

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »
Thanks for proving my point.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
Weird, this is like a self debunking thread.  Scepti even bolds the bit:

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
No I haven't ...
Then you admit that you have no idea of what you're talking about.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
Read the FAQS.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »

The point is quite simple if you listen to the video of Hadfield and then look at the  wording from the Russian side of the coin.
Hadfield supposedly needs rehabilitating after a few months in supposed space but the Russian comes back like Mike Tyson, fighting fit with no effects of being in supposed space for 437 days or one and a quarter years of being in space.
Would you not say there is something wrong with this?

Yeah, they obviously never went into space (no one has). Good catch.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 03:26:37 AM »
I've been reading up on all of this stuff as to what they say about being in a micro gravity environment compared to Earth.
The loss of bone density, they tell us, is 1% per month but could be up to 40/60% in short order. They say that gravity on Earth acts on the muscles, heart, and bones, all in a downward force (it's air pressure but let's go with the flow)...yet in micro gravity there's no force acting on the body which means that the bones and muscle, atrophy, (waste away).
The Russians appear to be the stay up kings in space as they must be born with extra bone mass and muscle which allows then to stay in space for a year or more.  ::)
The Americans haven't been as risky and they mostly do 6 weeks to 6 month stints, with the odd regular astronaut loving it so much and happy to keep losing his muscles and bone mass. Chris Hadfield is happy to keep going back up to tell us all how to sleep, brush our teeth, puke in a special bag, make a peanut butter sandwich and a whole host of other stuff, oh and even singing songs and playing his guitar.
The thing is, he's no worse for wear (apart from getting a little older) for doing these stints, just like all the rest of them in years gone by that end up living to ripe old ages and still going strong, in the main.

Astronauts are said to have complained about flashes of light in their eyes even when they're asleep, so their bodies are apparently being bombarded with radiation, as they tell us...but it's safe as they aren't up there for too long.
Unlike Valeri the Russian (437 days) who must have been playing nut the radiation flashes as they come at him.

The heart; they say, has to work harder because the blood flow in natural gravity (air pressure) goes to our feet and is pumped around the body... but in space, as they tell us, there's none of that because of the micro gravity, so the heart works harder to pump it down the body as it tends to RISE to the head for some reason.
It's all very strange but at least we have commander Hadfield, or I should say, did have commander Hadfield to entertain us. Now we will have one of the Kelly IDENTICAL twins, Scott, who will be spending ONE YEAR in the space station for?...can you guess?....he's going to be a guinea pig to see how the effects of micro gravity destroys the body and they are going to use his now retired identical brother, Mark to show us all the difference between them as they are both in different environments. A before and after type scenario. Here's one we made earlier. ::)
Apparently that's happening in 2015.
What's puzzling though, is...they have Valeri and the rest of the regular space long termers to sift through. I mean, didn't they actually think to do all this stuff before or can't they ask for the medical checks of before and after of Valeri and the rest of them? I mean, this NASA astronaut stuff is ultra strict isn't it? You train for about 8 years or so just for one mission and are strictly medically sifted through, so why haven't they got the required data?

The problem is with the likes of these people, it's all after-thoughts that are brought on by people questioning it all, so they think, " oops, we didn't think of that, we'll add that in to the next bull crap space station talk in." And this is how it works.
The actually questioners and the conspiracy theorists are doing them a great service, because they are picking on stuff that the supposed geniuses forgot to add or simply omitted due to lack of thought.
The saga continues - but for how long before they slip up where no amount of genius can get them out of it?

glokta

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »
When are you going to stop banging on about air pressure? Air pressure acts equally from all directions it has nothing to do with the effects we see of gravity. Quick question: why do you think bubbles are spherical?
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 08:56:08 AM »
Air pressure acts equally from all directions it has nothing to do with the effects we see of gravity.
The fun thing is that air pressure works the other way around than as supposed by Scepti. It's the good old fluidostatic principle discovered by Archimedes of Syracuse, which no one ever argued against, being it supported by everyday's experience of anyone on earth since mankind exists.
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Quick question: why do you think bubbles are spherical?

Because that's the only way Sonic can get them in the water?
Read the FAQS.

ausGeoff

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
When are you going to stop banging on about air pressure? Air pressure acts equally from all directions it has nothing to do with the effects we see of gravity.

LOL.  Poor old sceptimatic STILL has no idea about air pressure and gravity.  One can only assume that he failed grade-school science?  Not that there's anything intrinsically wrong with that, but the least he could do is admit it.  Why the obvious coverup?

I'm waiting for him to reintroduce his "denpressure" hypothesis again, which magically combined two dissimilar entities (density being one, and pressure being the other) into a single entity he calls denpressure.  He hasn't yet defined this in standard scientific terms—and I'm guessing he probably never will.  He also hasn't yet defined what units his denpressure is measured in.  Is it a scalar or a vector?

And—like his weird notions about this purported denpressure—all his other notions about the sciences are just as weird (to say the least LOL).

I also note that he seems to have forgotten totally about providing any evidence that proves he actually sent selected forum members PMs advising them of the basic results of his expensive and well-detailed research, using some sort of as-yet undefined technical instrument over a 2,000 metre expanse of flat ice. 

I'm sure everybody here recalls that this alleged research study had proved once and for all that the surface of the earth was flat.  And if so, this would undoubtedly have literally shaken the entire foundations of what both geophysics and astrophysics have been based upon for centuries.  However, I've not read even one confirmation from any member of this forum to the effect that sceptimatic actually sent them any PM about his research.  Not even a single "yes" or "no".

I'm guessing that this amazing "research" program never took place—other than in sceptimatic's fertile imagination.  Of course I stand to be corrected, and owe sceptimatic an apology should he provide some sort of viable evidence that his "research" was in fact carried out as he claimed.  But to date nothing I've read here leads me to believe that those things will ever happen.

So..... assuming he (apparently) doesn't understand even the basics of force, mass, pressure and gravity, the logical question is:  How did he mange to carry out such a detailed and highly technical bit of research in the first place?  Surely at least high-school science would be a prerequisite?