Huh, HUH? Check mate.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society

ausGeoff

Re: Why do ships disappear when they sail away from me
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:29:52 AM »
Huh, HUH? Check mate.

Simple.  Because they drop below the level of  horizon due to the curvature of the earth's surface.  One can't see anything in totality beyond the horizon line.  And no telescope will magically make the hull of the ship (below pic) reappear either LOL.

Simple geometry.

The distance to the visible horizon is then: d2 = h2 + 2Rh

And this is the effect:

This is a "hull down" container ship.

[EDIT:  Corrected image HTML]

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:36:18 AM by ausGeoff »

?

tappet

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:55:48 AM »
Huh, HUH? Check mate.

Simple.  Because they drop below the level of  horizon due to the curvature of the earth's surface.  One can't see anything in totality beyond the horizon line.  And no telescope will magically make the hull of the ship (below pic) reappear either LOL.

Simple geometry.

Awesome cartoon,
I remember when they put that into my head as a child. We did not have the letters though, you just could not see around the ball.
Takes me back, thanks.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:13:54 AM »
One has to ask, what went wrong with someone's life that they stop believing in the real world and revert into fantasies such that so many on this website do?

I know I'm wasting my breath by saying this, but there is so much empirical evidence that supports a horizen yet for some reason you guys have convinced yourself, so sanctimoniously too, that, just because you see a flat horizen out your window, that is so..

You  have literally no idea how stupid you are, how stupid you sound and look and the attitude you add to it just makes you look even stupider.

The only reason I come here now is to laugh at you.. the idea of arguing is moot. 

?

tappet

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 02:19:34 AM »
Speaking of sinking ships, REers claim they have seen hundreds/thousands of these things as a kid, today, yesterday all of the time. But I am yet to see a photo that a REer has personally taken of a sinking ship.
Here are two photo's of sinking ship's taken with same amount of zoom within 30 seconds of one another.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 02:22:46 AM »
Speaking of sinking ships, REers claim they have seen hundreds/thousands of these things as a kid, today, yesterday all of the time. But I am yet to see a photo that a REer has personally taken of a sinking ship.
Here are two photo's of sinking ship's taken with same amount of zoom within 30 seconds of one another.

Its not the same ship..

What are tying to prove with this?

?

tappet

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:38 AM »
One has to ask, what went wrong with someone's life that they stop believing in the real world and revert into fantasies such that so many on this website do?

I know I'm wasting my breath by saying this, but there is so much empirical evidence that supports a horizen yet for some reason you guys have convinced yourself, so sanctimoniously too, that, just because you see a flat horizen out your window, that is so..

You  have literally no idea how stupid you are, how stupid you sound and look and the attitude you add to it just makes you look even stupider.

The only reason I come here now is to laugh at you.. the idea of arguing is moot.
But how stupid would you have to be to come here to tell me I am stupid?
Stupid is as stupid does.

?

tappet

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 02:29:56 AM »

Its not the same ship..

What are tying to prove with this?
Of course its not the same ship. The photo's are for the FEer they will see something wrong, but you will not.

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »
OK whatever.

ausGeoff

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 03:39:23 AM »

I remember when they put that into my head as a child.

Which was—I'm guessing by your puerile comments—in 2010 maybe?

LOL.

glokta

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
Quote from: tappet
You don't even need to have ever been to the beach to see this effect in action. Every time the sun rises and sets the earth does the movement for you.
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

?

tappet

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 03:54:20 AM »

I remember when they put that into my head as a child.

Which was—I'm guessing by your puerile comments—in 2010 maybe?

LOL.
How did you guess that? Anyway it does not make a difference what year it was.

ausGeoff

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 04:14:22 AM »

I'm afraid the zoom for each of those images is not the same.

One is 87.16mm and the other is 92.26mm.  And with the tiny sensor in your HC-V10 that 5mm makes all the difference to what we're seeing.

How much of your other photographic data is inaccurate?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 07:58:52 AM »
Many ships are simply just sinking.

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »
But I am yet to see a photo that a REer has personally taken of a sinking ship.

I guess you missed these when I linked them the other month.

Ship 3, 8x mag. 1m alt.

Ships Below the Horizon by max_wedge, on Flickr

Ship 3, 28x mag. 1m alt. 

Ship 2, 28x mag. 1.5m alt.

Ship 2, 28x mag. 12m alt.

And then my tug and barge picture, but you've seen those and claimed weather and/or something, and my sinking bridge/hillside pics.

Actually, other than you and hoppy (with the picture of the sunken house), you're the only two FE'rs I've seen post pictures of anything.

As I recall though, you've claimed these sinking ships are clearly visible with no magnification when replying to all the zoomed in shots of sinking objects. 

Have you posted a 1x picture of a clearly visible sinking ship yet?

ausGeoff

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 09:48:49 AM »
But I am yet to see a photo that a REer has personally taken of a sinking ship.

I guess you missed these when I linked them the other month.

Have you posted a 1x picture of a clearly visible sinking ship yet?

Thanks for reposting those images.  And for shooting down tappet's erroneous claim about REs allegedly not posting supporting images.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 01:05:17 PM »
Many ships are simply just sinking.
Ha!   ;)
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »
I think we have a misunderstanding fellas your  posting other peoples pictures.
I asked for personal photo's.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »

How could you possibly differentiate between a photo I took, and one someone else took?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »

How could you possibly differentiate between a photo I took, and one someone else took?

It's simply a non-issue that flat earthers respond with whenever the round earthers post legitimate images of some phenomenon or other—but not captured by them personally.  And it's quite silly really.

It's obviously meant as some vain effort to discredit third-party images.  But then, how do we know with absolute surety that the images tappet posted earlier on were actually taken by him with his camera as claimed.  (And please note tappet that I'm not implying you're a liar in any way.  I'm speaking hypothetically.)

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »
I think we have a misunderstanding fellas your  posting other peoples pictures.
They are photos personally taken by another RE'r.  Would you prefer I post a link to the thread itself?

Also, why are you posting photos that are zoomed in?  What happened to the non-zoomed views of sinking ships you said you see.  Are you going to get any non-zoomed photos.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:37:54 AM by 29silhouette »

ausGeoff

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
They are photos personally taken by another RE'r.  Would you prefer I post a link to the thread itself?

Unfortunately, it wouldn't make one iota of difference.

As far as any/all round earthers are concerned, ALL photographic images posted by round earthers are either Photoshopped, distorted by unwanted camera/lens effects, or simply "drawings" cobbled together to look like real photographs.

One of the prime scriptures of the FE Bible is:  "Take ye as God's truth that any photographic image as such to be posted herewith by the disciples of Satan known herein as round-earthers will faileth to be accepted unto mankind".

?

tappet

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 11:34:27 PM »

Also, why are you posting photos that are zoomed in?  What happened to the non-zoomed views of sinking ships you said you see.  Are you going to get any non-zoomed photos.
Yeah nah,
I don't need a link to somebody else's photo's. I am just a bit bored with roundies claiming every photo I put up is shit. I know you have put up a couple of photo's up, but the other roundies bring nothing to the table. I have posted a photo for you in the past of sinking ship not zoomed in on you can dig through the posts yourself. If you feel the need I can post more up but they will be no good either. Its a  video camera I am using so its mainly video's I am taking. I may show the video's at a later stage. Every photo I have posted is also on video.
I have challenged roundies to put up a photo of earth curvature running left to right with a straightedge as I was told to do.
Well I did it, I got a different result than what the roundies said would happen and now when I ask them to do it you can see what happens. Its suddenly not an important experiment anymore. Or I am a dumb FEer for doing it and REers are so smart they don't have to do it.
Its this simple experiment that has shown me the quality of some of the REer's(not all).
If a REer thinks you can see this curvature then answer me this.
Is this link bullshit.

http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf

?

tappet

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 11:58:06 PM »

Unfortunately, it wouldn't make one iota of difference.

As far as any/all round earthers are concerned, ALL photographic images posted by round earthers are either Photoshopped, distorted by unwanted camera/lens effects, or simply "drawings" cobbled together to look like real photograph
No you are wrong. I value any photo taken personally by any person on this forum. Even your one photo gave me an opportunity to learn from it. You though are doing a disservice to the REer and FEer that makes an effort to post their personal photo's on here. Just because I do not trust NASA's photo's as they admit they manipulate them does not mean I would not trust a photo from 29silhouette unless he has previously stated he has manipulated them and I do not know, thus I would have no reason to distrust them.
So how about you stop pretending you have been hard done by and take a second photo of your beach curvature, straightedge included.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:48:51 AM by tappet »

ausGeoff

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »

Is this link bullshit.

http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf

Not much of it at all.  Although I'm surprised that a well-accredited scientist such as David Lynch would publish a couple of doubtful claims.

For example:  "a large fraction of people wear eye glasses.  Eye glasses produce a variety of distortions [not true] when the observer is not looking through the center part of the lens [not true].

Second, above the altitude of Mt Everest, no observer can look directly at the horizon—he must look through a window or a canopy. Plane-parallel widows like those on most aircraft will not render a flat horizon curved, but a curved window or canopy will [untrue—a zero Gaussian curvature will not]."

Of course—like any true scientist Lynch accepts the round earth model; he's merely pointing up the difficulties in accurately observing and recording the curvature of the planet's horizon when observed from different altitudes.

He concludes by saying "it seems well established that the curvature of the earth is reasonably well understood and can be measured from photographs.

I'd also question the photographic images he posts.  The 10-year-old Canon Powershot S70 camera is a toy by today's standards, with its diminutive 1/1.8 inch sensor and its optically tiny lens.  He also fails to say what end of the lens he was using for these shots—28mm or 100mm.  If he used the former, then of course we're going to see barrel distortion, but with the long end?  No way.

And on second thoughts, I'm not quite sure as to why you posted this link effectively proving that the earth is spherical.  I assumed you were a flat earther?

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Huh, HUH? Check mate.
Oh please.  It's simple....because objects at lower altitudes disappear before higher ones.  Everything eventually reaches a distance where it begins to disappear.  Visual aides will increase this distance but will never be able to follow the sun as it moves away because the distance is too great.  Think about it, when you see the sunrise and sunset, you are seeing it reach HALF the distance of the ENTIRE EARTH.

?

tappet

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 03:53:12 AM »

And on second thoughts, I'm not quite sure as to why you posted this link effectively proving that the earth is spherical.  I assumed you were a flat earther?
Sorry I will read it again. I thought it contradicted your claim where you believe you can stand on a beach and see the left to right curvature of the earth.

?

tappet

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 04:03:06 AM »
ausGeoff I am having a little trouble finding the section in that link that says you can see left to right curvature of the earth whilst standing on a mountain let alone a beach. Do you think you could help out here.
Thanks  :)

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
ausGeoff I am having a little trouble finding the section in that link that says you can see left to right curvature of the earth whilst standing on a mountain let alone a beach. Do you think you could help out here.
Thanks  :)

tappet, you keep making topics trying to show that there is no curvature from sea level... WHY?