Sceptimatic's experiment - 100% proof the earth is flat

• 277 Replies

glokta

Sceptimatic's experiment - 100% proof the earth is flat
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »
Just starting this as a placeholder for sceptimatic's experiment measuring a custom laser height over 2000 metres on a frozen lake. So far you let us know you have photos and video to present when you feel we are worthy, as well as a diagram you were busy drawing in Paint. For fear of this earth shattering claim being forgotten in time I have started this thread so we can all check in for updates.
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

ausGeoff

Re: Sceptimatic's experiment - 100% proof the earth is flat
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
Under normal circumstances, this would seem like a good idea.

Unfortunately though, it looks very much as though sceptimatic is going to renege on his original plan to post the results of his research and supporting images to this site.  He seems to be concerned that his (alleged) research has already been ridiculed in advance by the round earthers here—of which there's no evidence.  This is obviously a false supposition, as it's obviously impossible to ridicule something without ever having seen it.

My personal estimation is that there is no such research as alleged by sceptimatic, although I'm more than prepared to assess his results should, or more critically if, he posts them, and also to comment constructively on them as well.

It's seems strange that for someone to have spent so much time, and their own money, carrying out this sort of research that they'd withhold the results of such potentially history-making discoveries from the rest of the scientific world.

Surely sceptimatic should be more than keen to get these proofs of a flat earth out there for comment and peer review as soon as possible?

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:56:15 PM »
Just starting this as a placeholder for sceptimatic's experiment measuring a custom laser height over 2000 metres on a frozen lake. So far you let us know you have photos and video to present when you feel we are worthy, as well as a diagram you were busy drawing in Paint. For fear of this earth shattering claim being forgotten in time I have started this thread so we can all check in for updates.
If he had proof I am sure he would be excited and all that information would be readily available to share. I dough we will see it.

ausGeoff

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 04:56:47 PM »
I suspected from way back that sceptimatic's proposed/alleged scientific "experiment" was a load of crap from day one.

All the grandiose talk about his "friend" who was organising the whole thing, and the expensive equipment and its accuracy, and the amazing images that were going to be posted here all ended up as nothing more than one giant fairy story.

At least this all proves once and for all that he's full to the neckline with shit, and has as much credibility as a $3 note LOL.

Hopefully, this little setback (to be polite) will mean we'll be seeing a lot less of him around here now.

glokta

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:50:11 PM »
Just checking in to see if there are any updates on this paradigm shifting experiment?
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

ausGeoff

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »
Just checking in to see if there are any updates on this paradigm shifting experiment?

You live in eternal hope my friend.   :D

I'm betting sceptimatic won't even have the testicular fortitude to show his face on this thread.  I'm not really sure as to why he made such a big deal about his experiment/research in the first place, and since then has repeatedly refused to divulge even the basics of what it was all about.

I'd almost go as far as to say the whole thing was a figment of his very fertile imagination, as you'd think he'd be more than keen to get such a paradigm shift (as you so eloquently phrased it) out there for public consumption.

We''l wait and see I guess.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »
As Sceptimatic's alt, I can safely say that the results of my research will be posted here shortly. I just need to download the right drivers for my scanner.

Thank you for your patience.

; )
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 03:53:54 AM »
Here's some interesting footage. The only curvature I'm seeing is due to the curvature of the angle of the camera & curvature of the glass. filming lower & straight on thought the side glass it appears to be flat. what I would like to know is if there flying at 70,000 ft & above the clouds. What is that white mass behind the left wing seen in the footage ?     
 http://www.wimp.com/breathtakingfootage/
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 04:14:26 AM »
That footage reeks of fakery to me..but then again, I find it hard to trust most things that PAID presenters spew out to us.
How do they get the wing wheels back onto the plane when it lands, does anyone know?

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:25 AM »
That footage reeks of fakery to me..but then again, I find it hard to trust most things that PAID presenters spew out to us.
How do they get the wing wheels back onto the plane when it lands, does anyone know?
Yes, they don't. Like any sailplane:

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:37 AM »

Everything reeks of fakery to you fucktard.

Charles Bloomington - What white mass? how far in?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 04:30:59 AM »

What happens when that plane comes to rest?

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 04:31:12 AM »

Wing wheels? They don't have wing wheels.. the wing tips have titanium tips that allow then to drag on the ground until the plane stops - then they fit manually removable pogo sticks.. A lot of light freight aircraft use pogo sticks to steady the plane while loading and unloading..

very common.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 04:35:19 AM »
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

If you look at the full James May Doco, you will see him actually fitting the pogos on the wings.

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 05:12:51 AM »

When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 06:18:06 AM »

Thanks, but having watched it 3 times, I can't see what you're referring to..?

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 08:41:49 AM »
One wing touches the groud.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 08:57:37 AM »
Yeah I noticed that. It seems a weird thing to allow to happen with an expensive craft like that though doesn't it.

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »
Yeah I noticed that. It seems a weird thing to allow to happen with an expensive craft like that though doesn't it.

Fuck me. NO, not at all.

As you can see from the design of the aircraft, the wings need to be long and thin... so there's no room for landing gear there. The fuselage is narrow. This plane is designed to fly where the air density is extremely low... so its more akin to a powered glider...

So wing tip skids make total sense.

As per everything else, you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you think all planes are fake or just this one?

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »
Sorry, but I still don't see the point. What happens when the wing touches the ground? nothing. Even some minor damage? no.
Every sailplane does it in this way, and that's fine. And modern sailplanes cost a lot for individuals.

Do you believe this video is a fake because "they" "forgot" to put wheels below the wings ?

ausGeoff

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
That footage reeks of fakery to me...

LOL. Everything reeks of "fakery" to you sceptimatic.

In precisely the same way that the subject of your alleged but unseen scientific "research" proving that the earth is flat reeks of fakery to me.....

Except that we're yet to see anything about it.  Not even some basic details or results.

And that's precisely what this thread was started for sceptimatic, and not  for you to be rambling on about a plane's landing gear in yet another of your attempts to distract people from the actual topic at hand—your alleged experiment.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »
Sorry, but I still don't see the point. What happens when the wing touches the ground? nothing. Even some minor damage? no.
Every sailplane does it in this way, and that's fine. And modern sailplanes cost a lot for individuals.

Do you believe this video is a fake because "they" "forgot" to put wheels below the wings ?
ot at all. I don't think the video is fake with anything to do with it taking off or landing. I was merely saying (not in a conspiracy way) that it seems a bit odd that you would allow a plane to simply keep using a wing as a lever and skid on the ground, nothing more.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 09:23:19 AM »

In precisely the same way that the subject of your alleged but unseen scientific "research" proving that the earth is flat reeks of fakery to me.....

Except that we're yet to see anything about it.  Not even some basic details or results.

And that's precisely what this thread was started for sceptimatic, and not  for you to be rambling on about a plane's landing gear in yet another of your attempts to distract people from the actual topic at hand—your alleged experiment.
I'll have to stop you there, Geoffrey. You see, you're the last person that can call me out when I offered you it all in a pm and you did not take up the offer, so save your harping on.  :)

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »

ot at all. I don't think the video is fake with anything to do with it taking off or landing. I was merely saying (not in a conspiracy way) that it seems a bit odd that you would allow a plane to simply keep using a wing as a lever and skid on the ground, nothing more.
Well, the U2 program is odd by every common standards  ;D

?

BJ1234

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »

I'll have to stop you there, Geoffrey. You see, you're the last person that can call me out when I offered you it all in a pm and you did not take up the offer, so save your harping on.  :)
Why such the hesitance of putting your money where your mouth is so to speak.  You claim to have this evidence, but you are only willing to share it to people privately, and then on the condition that they then cannot speak about it at all.  Not a very open way of doing things now is it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 09:31:43 AM »

Well, the U2 program is odd by every common standards  ;D
There's a lot of stuff that's very odd, so I'll continue to take nothing as gospel truth and certainly nothing for granted. Myth busters and the crew that work on it have shown that regular known faces in the industry can be employed to do a mind blowing brainwash of the ever willing public and so can people like James May, etc.

ausGeoff

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »
I'll have to stop you there, Geoffrey. You see, you're the last person that can call me out when I offered you it all in a pm and you did not take up the offer, so save your harping on.

Firstly sceptimatic, you're not gonna "stop" me that easily my friend.  Secondly, I never got your PM, so can you please resend it to me?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 09:34:25 AM »

Why such the hesitance of putting your money where your mouth is so to speak.  You claim to have this evidence, but you are only willing to share it to people privately, and then on the condition that they then cannot speak about it at all.  Not a very open way of doing things now is it?
If you want to know anything about the experiment, keep it out of this thread and pm me, fair enough?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 09:35:58 AM »
I'll have to stop you there, Geoffrey. You see, you're the last person that can call me out when I offered you it all in a pm and you did not take up the offer, so save your harping on.

Firstly sceptimatic, you're not gonna "stop" me that easily my friend.  Secondly, I never got your PM, so can you please resend it to me?
I didn't send you a pm. I asked you to pm me if you wanted the info, so don't attempt to change it. You can read, so I know you got the message clearly. Now leave it out of this thread and just pm me.