For the FE'ers, what major events actually happened?

• 66 Replies
Re: For the FE'ers, what major events actually happened?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 04:47:45 AM »
Mods are just people. I don't understand why you don't have a little sympathy for the FEers here (mod or not).
I do, and originally cut jroa some slack as he was the only FES member posting in lots of threads.  However nearly every one of his posts is just a few throw-away lines of passive agressive schtick or blatant derails.  It's not that it's rude, it just makes that debates boring.  It would be nice to see just one post of substance from him.

I have absolutely no idea what he gets out of it.

They are constantly under attack from the new and not so new RE mobs.
Well, that's all part of the game isn't it?  Why else start a society where you agree to pretend the earth is flat, open it up to debate, and then complain when lots of peole come along and have a go.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 04:50:06 AM »
There is a big difference between disagreeing and flaming someone.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 04:56:10 AM »
Mods are just people. I don't understand why you don't have a little sympathy for the FEers here (mod or not).
I do, and originally cut jroa some slack as he was the only FES member posting in lots of threads.  However nearly every one of his posts is just a few throw-away lines of passive agressive schtick or blatant derails.  It's not that it's rude, it just makes that debates boring.  It would be nice to see just one post of substance from him.

Well, that's all part of the game isn't it?  Why else start a society where you agree to pretend the earth is flat, open it up to debate, and then complain when lots of peole come along and have a go.
That's just the problem though, Jiminy. It's not the flat Earther theorists who complain, it's you softies.
What you all do is, you all come on as a posse and go into attack mode to see how far you have to go before someone cracks by using ridicule, personal insults and attempted science. When this does not work, you all turn the tables and say it's the flat Earth theorists that are being rude to you, etc, when the truth is, you're just getting back what you gave out and mildy, yet you all start crying and start pushing your complaint buttons.

All you globulites need to man up, you pack of fairies.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 05:08:01 AM »

How did I get dragged into this thread?  I am sorry for being a boring debater.   :-[   :'(

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 05:26:00 AM »

That's just the problem though, Jiminy. It's not the flat Earther theorists who complain, it's you softies.
What you all do is, you all come on as a posse and go into attack mode to see how far you have to go before someone cracks by using ridicule, personal insults and attempted science. When this does not work, you all turn the tables and say it's the flat Earth theorists that are being rude to you, etc, when the truth is, you're just getting back what you gave out and mildy, yet you all start crying and start pushing your complaint buttons.

Fairies?  Real nice. Class act. Deleted your posts recently?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 05:31:49 AM »

Yeah, just a few. I also pop a few on ignore every now an again. You should try it, it makes it easier to deal with real people instead of whiners.

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 05:40:11 AM »

How did I get dragged into this thread?  I am sorry for being a boring debater.   :-[   :'(
Jroa - did the mods get a copy of Sceptis experiment?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 06:00:19 AM »

If Sceptimatic sent me something, it would be up to him to tell you.  I try not re-post information that is not sent over the public forum. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 06:04:40 AM »

Yeah, just a few. I also pop a few on ignore every now an again. You should try it, it makes it easier to deal with real people instead of whiners.

I am capable of dealing with all stripes of people. No need for me to hide or retract anything I've said.

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 06:04:56 AM »

If Sceptimatic sent me something, it would be up to him to tell you.  I try not re-post information that is not sent over the public forum.
We do not want the information, just confirmation that you have received it as he claims he has sent it to you.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 06:07:50 AM »

We do not want the information, just confirmation that you have received it as he claims he has sent it to you.

I will not provide an answer on whether or not you have sent me information through a non-public medium, nor will I say if Sceptimatic did.  He can provide you with that information. 

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 06:24:29 AM »
Jroa...Before I forget I am still waiting for your phone type and model to look up the specification.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 06:28:55 AM »
Why are you people constantly asking me for personal information on a public forum?  I find this very suspicious.  Are you working for NASA, or are you just making a data base out of your own free time? 

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 06:33:56 AM »

See the post where he says he has.

I will not provide an answer on whether or not you have sent me information through a non-public medium, nor will I say if Sceptimatic did.  He can provide you with that information.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 06:36:54 AM »
Please try to keep quotes in context.  Please do not make it look like I said what you are saying.  I know a lot of you are using phones, which suck to quote on, but maybe try not to quote people if your phone is going to mess it up? 

?

Starman

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »
Why are you people constantly asking me for personal information on a public forum?  I find this very suspicious.  Are you working for NASA, or are you just making a data base out of your own free time?
Another cop out. Who cares what type of phone you have. You make claims about things it can or can't do. Is you phone magic? If don't want to tell us that is fine.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 06:42:34 AM »
Well, I can see my location on my phone, even when the GPS is turned off.  I can also see my altitude.  However, you people say that this can only be done with satellites. 

?

Starman

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 07:06:15 AM »
Well, I can see my location on my phone, even when the GPS is turned off.  I can also see my altitude.  However, you people say that this can only be done with satellites.
Explain show my location. Is it a picture or just information?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 07:08:46 AM »
I can actually get both the location, and a picture.  Funny how these Earth bound transmitters work. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »
About location precision or accuracyDepending on your device and available services, Location Services uses a combination of cellular, Wi-Fi, and GPS to determine your location. If you're not within a clear line of sight to GPS satellites, your device can determine your location using crowd-sourced Wi-Fi3 and cell tower locations.

Apps that display your location on the screen, including Maps, indicate your current (approximate) location using a blue marker. If your location can’t be determined precisely, a blue circle also appears around the marker. The size of the circle depends on how accurately your location can be determined—the smaller the circle, the greater the accuracy.This is from an I-phone website.

That's what it says on this website.

?

Starman

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
I can actually get both the location, and a picture.  Funny how these Earth bound transmitters work.
Now you know why I wanted to know what phone you have to sort that out. I think i know what is going on. It will take a few minutes to find it.

?

Starman

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 07:17:33 AM »
Now you know why I wanted to know what phone you have to sort that out. I think i know what is going on. It will take a few minutes to find it.
Do you have your "Location Services" on your phone?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »

Do you want my social security number as well?  You seem to demand my personal information for no reason. 

Can I ask you a personal question?  Do you work for a government of any country? 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 07:20:50 AM »
I have "location services" on my phone.  I turn everything off, though.  I only use cell phone signals most of the time. 

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 07:24:29 AM »
lol yeah thats dumb

?

Starman

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2014, 07:30:10 AM »
I have "location services" on my phone.  I turn everything off, though.  I only use cell phone signals most of the time.
Here is information on it. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5594

?

Starman

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2014, 07:33:17 AM »
A good test to test your GPS is to go out of town or far from any cell tower. Make sure you have no signal at all. No internet or phones call that can be done. Now turn on your GPS feature and you will see it work as a GPS should.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2014, 08:00:32 AM »
A good test to test your GPS is to go out of town or far from any cell tower. Make sure you have no signal at all. No internet or phones call that can be done. Now turn on your GPS feature and you will see it work as a GPS should.
Yes, it decodes the signal that your regular phone will not, that's all it is. It's no different to the dish and decoder box. It's just masked as a satellite receiver.

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »
Yes, it decodes the signal that your regular phone will not, that's all it is. It's no different to the dish and decoder box. It's just masked as a satellite receiver.
Please do not confuse GPS with tv reception from a satellite.

GPS uses orbiting satellites, tv is geostationary.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »
Please do not confuse GPS with tv reception from a satellite.

GPS uses orbiting satellites, tv is geostationary.
GPS uses nothing of the sort. It uses triagulation except it's ciphered.