Are FE'ers boring compared to RE'ers?

• 43 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Are FE'ers boring compared to RE'ers?
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
I have been here 10 days and to be honest I have learned a few new things from RE'er and nothing by the RE'ers. With all due respect FE'ers are boring. They have mostly theories and does not relate to me as fun. I am more of a hands on person. Any comments from RE'ers?

Re: Are FE'ers boring compared to RE'ers?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
I have been here 10 days and to be honest I have learned a few new things from RE'er and nothing by the RE'ers. With all due respect FE'ers are boring. They have mostly theories and does not relate to me as fun. I am more of a hands on person. Any comments from RE'ers?

I find their maps fun, and how you can debunk them very easily.

I am 17. I'm here to exercise my mind, and way of thinking. The annoying part of me being 17, 11th grade is that when they come up with the "Special relativity" theory, or such kind of theories, that aren't easily explained on the internet, I find myself in a shortage of arguments. Of course, any science teacher, or someone with physics knowledge could explain to them why they are using the theory in a wrong way, and that that's not how it works. Until I have that knowledge, I'll have to read a lot, and restrain to simple arguments.

Another funny thing is jroa's signature. Funny as hell, comparing the pope with hitler  ::)  Like, how childish is that?

The most interesting thing is that they always demand proof, although they don't have any proof for any of their claims. This is why I want to appeal to any REer out there: If a claim is not supported by proof, then you, as a REer can say "No proof, so your argument is invalid."
For example:
REer: Your gravity model is wrong.
FEer: Why? Do you have any proof?
REer: Sure. The Gravitational Acceleration is different from location to location around the world.
FEer: Where did you get that from?
REer: From scientists that measured its value.
FEer: Scientists are all corrupt or threatened with death, so they say that.
REer: Do you have any proof for that claim?
FEer: Um... unfortunately, no.
REer: Then your argument is invalid. Mine is. Your gravity model is wrong. Find a new one.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
IMHO most of we RE's come here for the entertainment value.

It does no good to post well known facts or figures when all you are going to get from the FE's is that they are all fakes or you are mistaken. Quite a few FE's - even the moderators - jroa is one of the worst - are trolls and will often de-rail a thread with off - topic or meaningless posts.  They seem to be shooting themselves in their feet.

If it wasn't for the outrageous so-called "Flat Earth Theories" the FE's would be considered boring....Or - Always the same kind of answers.....Or no answers at all. If the FE's can't come up with answers they will "lock" a thread. On the other hand there is a never ending source from FE's that RE's can easily debunk.

IMHO my signature line says it all.

It is no wonder that outside of this website, this website and the Flat Earth Society is considered to be either "One big hoax or one big joke."

Just one of the so-called Flat Earth Society Theory is the earth is flat and the so-called Round Earth Gravity is really the Flat Earth Theory that the earth is continuously accelerating at a certain rate. It has been pointed out that at that rate the earth would be moving upward at a speed approaching the speed of light, which is pure nonsense. Just one example .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:53:48 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »
Why is it nonsense that the earth would be approaching the speed of light? Seems no more ridiculous than the universe expanding at an increasing rate by magical "dark energy".
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
Why is it nonsense that the earth would be approaching the speed of light? Seems no more ridiculous than the universe expanding at an increasing rate by magical "dark energy".

No one's sure about that. It's still a theory, or more accurately a hypothesis. It's still being worked on.

?

Starman

Re: Are FE'ers not technically educated compared to RE'ers?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
I have been here 10 days and to be honest I have learned a few new things from RE'er and nothing by the RE'ers. With all due respect the FE'ers are not technically educated. They have mostly theories and does not relate to me as fun. I am more of a hands on person. Any comments from RE'ers?
My wife told me the word boring could be insulting so i am changing it to "not technically educated".

?

BJ1234

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
Because there are pictures from space showing a spherical earth...

?

Starman

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »
Because there are pictures from space showing a spherical earth...
To counter their cause that say picture are fake and space rockets don't exist and satellite don't exist. It is like that corner themselves more and more. They can't explain why people on ships in the middle on the pacific ocean can recieve real live TV broadcast. They just will not admit to it.

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »
Usual example of non sequitur. This site is about the shape of the earth, or better, about debating if the earth is a globe orbiting around a sun distant 1.5 x 10exp6 Km, or if it is flat, the sun is 32 Km diameter and so on.

What does have to do the structure of the universe with the shape of the earth? To begin with, the universe isn't expanding by magical dark energy,  but due to big bang energy. Don't you agree with big bang theory? No problem, there are some astrophysicists which don't agree either. But the solar system is the same even the big bang isn't true.

Back on topic. You're wondering why the UA is nonsense? Because it is easily debunked! It' sufficient a sensible enough dynamometer and a stone. If you weigh the stone in different part of the earth you will find different results. The same object weighs more at poles than at equator, due to centrifugal force. The same object weighs less at the top of a mountain than at sea level due to inverse square law. The same object weighs differently in different parts of the earth due to the uneven distribution of the masses in the earth's inner. Note that this is not theory but an experiment already performed many times; it's not too hard to do, remember, a dynamometer and a stone, you can do it yourself, if you want. All that is totally incompatible with the pitiful attempt to substitute gravity with the Universal Acceleration. U.A. destroyed forever, no way to save it. Don't you agree? Okay, explain convincingly why an object weighs differently.

Bottom line: the same dynamometer-stone experiment proves that gravity is real.
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

?

Starman

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »
Usual example of non sequitur. This site is about the shape of the earth, or better, about debating if the earth is a globe orbiting around a sun distant 1.5 x 10exp6 Km, or if it is flat, the sun is 32 Km diameter and so on.

What does have to do the structure of the universe with the shape of the earth? To begin with, the universe isn't expanding by magical dark energy,  but due to big bang energy. Don't you agree with big bang theory? No problem, there are some astrophysicists which don't agree either. But the solar system is the same even the big bang isn't true.

Back on topic. You're wondering why the UA is nonsense? Because it is easily debunked! It' sufficient a sensible enough dynamometer and a stone. If you weigh the stone in different part of the earth you will find different results. The same object weighs more at poles than at equator, due to centrifugal force. The same object weighs less at the top of a mountain than at sea level due to inverse square law. The same object weighs differently in different parts of the earth due to the uneven distribution of the masses in the earth's inner. Note that this is not theory but an experiment already performed many times; it's not too hard to do, remember, a dynamometer and a stone, you can do it yourself, if you want. All that is totally incompatible with the pitiful attempt to substitute gravity with the Universal Acceleration. U.A. destroyed forever, no way to save it. Don't you agree? Okay, explain convincingly why an object weighs differently.

Bottom line: the same dynamometer-stone experiment proves that gravity is real.
Well described. They will not accept any of these test. They will find something like the air pressure on the test changed the reading. We both know air pressure has no effect on this test.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »

I am 17. I'm here to exercise my mind, and way of thinking. The annoying part of me being 17, 11th grade is that when they come up with the "Special relativity" theory, or such kind of theories, that aren't easily explained on the internet, I find myself in a shortage of arguments. Of course, any science teacher, or someone with physics knowledge could explain to them why they are using the theory in a wrong way, and that that's not how it works. Until I have that knowledge, I'll have to read a lot, and restrain to simple arguments.

Another funny thing is jroa's signature. Funny as hell, comparing the pope with hitler  ::)  Like, how childish is that?

The most interesting thing is that they always demand proof, although they don't have any proof for any of their claims. This is why I want to appeal to any REer out there: If a claim is not supported by proof, then you, as a REer can say "No proof, so your argument is invalid."
For example:
REer: Sure. The Gravitational Acceleration is different from location to location around the world.
REer: Then your argument is invalid. Mine is. Your gravity model is wrong. Find a new one.

Starman, are you not native to an English-speaking country?
Abab, stop being 17. Visit us in a few years.
Why don't people try as hard anymore?
Why are people boasting about being a 10 day veteran?

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
The internet is packed with RE'ers.  You can go to virtually any other website to learn RET, yet you come hear instead.  I think that by itself tells a lot about how boring FET is. 

?

Starman

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 02:52:52 PM »

For example:

Starman, are you not native to an English-speaking country?
Abab, stop being 17. Visit us in a few years.
Why don't people try as hard anymore?
Why are people boasting about being a 10 day veteran?
Canada is not English?

?

Starman

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »
The internet is packed with RE'ers.  You can go to virtually any other website to learn RET, yet you come hear instead.  I think that by itself tells a lot about how boring FET is.
I came here to learn about the FE theories. Mission accomplished. I may leave soon. Can't learn anything more here. So the FES in only worth 10 days of my life. Later when someone mentioned the FES I will have some indication to what it is. I will defend the FES are not quacks or crazy people but I will educated them on your theories. They can make up their own minds what it means.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:32:04 PM by Starman »

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »
I came here to learn about the FE theories. Mission accomplished. I may leave soon. Can't learn anything more here. So the FES in only worth 10 days of my life. Later when someone mentioned the FES I will have some indication to what it is. I will defend the FES are not quacks or crazy people but I will educated them on your theories. They can make up their own minds what it means.
You couldn't have even begun to scratch the surface of FET.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »

For example:

I love how you roll!  And at 17.. very impressive :)  Keep it up!

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »
Actually I think FEers are not boring at all..

Us REers require evidence, proof, experiments, peer review.. we have our science and we know what the earth looks like.. that.. is boring..  Well not really...

But here at The Flat Earth Society we get the most outrageous ideas about the world around us.. Honestly, the creativity is absolutely fantastic.. just read some of Sculelos's posts..

Then you have exhibits of shear metal retardation such as Skepti...

Then a walking fallacy - jroa

Then you just have poisonous, arrogant muffheads like space cowgirl and others like her..

It is one of the most entertaining web sites on the internet in my opinion..

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »

To begin with, the universe isn't expanding by magical dark energy,  but due to big bang energy.
Perhaps you should re-read some science books. That expansion is alleged to be accelerating. Frightfully more problematic than an accelerating earth, to be sure.
After reading a wiki article you will no doubt swallow the "magical dark energy" theory absolutely and still wonder how I might believe in a universal accelerator. Irony.

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
Actually I think FEers are not boring at all..

Us REers require evidence, proof, experiments, peer review.. we have our science and we know what the earth looks like.. that.. is boring..  Well not really...

But here at The Flat Earth Society we get the most outrageous ideas about the world around us.. Honestly, the creativity is absolutely fantastic.. just read some of Sculelos's posts..

Then you have exhibits of shear metal retardation such as Skepti...

Then a walking fallacy - jroa

Then you just have poisonous, arrogant muffheads like space cowgirl and others like her..

It is one of the most entertaining web sites on the internet in my opinion..

You realize that most of these people you are so impressed by would probably laugh at you for being a climate change hyperskeptic and getting all your info from Christopher Monckton? http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60891.msg1584880#msg1584880
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »
Nice to see you still don't understand the argument.. and I never mentioned Monkton - you did.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »
Oh, I understood the argument. You call anyone who thinks climate change is being accelerated by human activity brainwashed sheeple.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »
Oh, I understood the argument. You call anyone who thinks climate change is being accelerated by human activity brainwashed sheeple.

Nope, you still got it wrong.. but closer.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »
Oh, and Nazis. Sorry I forgot that you Godwin'd the thread with your first post.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 04:25:35 PM »

Says the one who drinks the Flat Earth Kool aid...

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 04:30:29 PM »
We all drink the Flat Earth Kool-aid...even you!

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »

No, only those that think the earth is flat drink it.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2014, 05:29:17 PM »

No, only those that think the earth is flat drink it.

I drank 3 gallons of that shit last night.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 05:00:43 AM »

So you admit you are wrong?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »

Drinking Kool-aid is wrong? 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »

Drinking Kool-aid is wrong?
Yeah, it is nutritionally devoid and rots your teeth.