At sceptimatic's request...

• 678 Replies
Re: At sceptimatic's request...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »
Take a look at the OP, it might give you a clue. Straight into denial mode without figuring out why. Typical.  ;D
Ah, OK, just re-read the OP.  Fair enough.

I'm not denying just refusing to debate Apollo out of boredom with the subject.  As I said I'm here to debate flat earth, not the moon landings.

On that subject...I noticed your are ignoring my points about your first video...?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »
What do you mean by the first eva and the third?
Are you saying that they unpacked it on the first eva and then repacked it again?
Explain what you are sayin.
like i said, the lunar rover was already deployed on the first eva hence the tyre tracks. What the photo claims is the packaged lunar rover is actually the MESA. Look up Modularized Equipment Stowage Assembly. You can see on these diagrams how it matches up with your photo, and how your photo points to the wrong location for the lunar rover. http://weebau.com/flightpics/apollo/lm_diagram.gif now compare this with your photo, you can use the ladder and tracking light to see your picture clearly doesnt show where the lunar rover is deployed from. And here is a picture of the MESA. http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a11/ap11-S69-31585.jpg
Oh, ok. You mean like this?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »
Take a look at the OP, it might give you a clue. Straight into denial mode without figuring out why. Typical.  ;D
Ah, OK, just re-read the OP.  Fair enough.

I'm not denying just refusing to debate Apollo out of boredom with the subject.  As I said I'm here to debate flat earth, not the moon landings.

On that subject...I noticed your are ignoring my points about your first video...?
You are refusing to look at the video and to what it says. Your mind is fully set on debunk mode, there's no hope for you.

glokta

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »
What do you mean by the first eva and the third?
Are you saying that they unpacked it on the first eva and then repacked it again?
Explain what you are sayin.
like i said, the lunar rover was already deployed on the first eva hence the tyre tracks. What the photo claims is the packaged lunar rover is actually the MESA. Look up Modularized Equipment Stowage Assembly. You can see on these diagrams how it matches up with your photo, and how your photo points to the wrong location for the lunar rover. http://weebau.com/flightpics/apollo/lm_diagram.gif now compare this with your photo, you can use the ladder and tracking light to see your picture clearly doesnt show where the lunar rover is deployed from. And here is a picture of the MESA. http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a11/ap11-S69-31585.jpg
Oh, ok. You mean like this?

ok so you claim no photographic evidence of lunar rover being deployed on apollo 15, 16 or 17? Maybe you prefer a video? Again, note the location of deployment in relation to the ladder as already pointed out. #" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Apollo 15 EVAs 2 (deploying the lunar rover)
Quote from: sceptimatic
Use your brain. There is no sun in space. You are simply duped.

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »
Ok, have a mull over those and see what you make of them.
Yep, the pictures of the ship show curvature.  The camera changed elevation.  It doesn't matter that ships aren't heading directly away.

And the rover was unpacked from the other side.  I almost recall these same moon pictures being discussed some time ago.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 02:51:51 AM »

Yep, the pictures of the ship show curvature.  The camera changed elevation.  It doesn't matter that ships aren't heading directly away.
The mere fact that the ships are on a side view to you and not moving away, leaves only the lower versus the higher elevation.
You know for a fact that the higher elevation will allow a further view of a flat earth. It would not allow you to bring a ship back into view over a curve from a height like that compared to distance.
There's a reason why elevation makes your view much better, because you are looking through the atmosphere and seeing more light reflecting off of the hull, bringing it back into focus.
It's the same reason they have crows nests or even the simpler things like the life guard sitting on the tower.
Of course you can argue it. Everything can be argued. The reason for the OP, though, was about giving out some evidence on the basis that it would be looked at with an open mind and it hasn't. It's clearly been looked at with the sole intention of immediately debunking it.
I thought the purpose of this thread was to ALL have a look at potential discrepabcies more critically.

If people are genuine, then the very least I would expect is for them to say, "hmmm, yeah, I see what you mean, it's very plausible that something may not be right."
Obviously that's wishful thinking.  ;D

And the rover was unpacked from the other side.  I almost recall these same moon pictures being discussed some time ago.
Yep, I recall them being discussed as well. The thing is though, the answers given were not really satisfactory answers when you view the evidence and that's just one of hundreds of potential discrepancies out of the whole thing.
Yes, yes, I know what your thoughts are on it all, so I'm under no illusions about you taking any other stance but to debunk.

glokta

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 02:56:12 AM »
what about the diagrams, photos and video i just gave you? Its really not that complicated to debunk. Its ok to admit you were mistaken, its easy to see how someone may be convinced the photo you provided proves anomalies if they havent seen all the other evidence. Have you got any other specific photos or videos you think prove fakery?

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 03:23:29 AM »
The mere fact that the ships are on a side view to you and not moving away,
I'm not sure why this is relevant?

You know for a fact that the higher elevation will allow a further view of a flat earth.
And on most other shapes, including round.

It would not allow you to bring a ship back into view over a curve from a height like that compared to distance.
Yes, it would  - that is exactly what is predicted.  Flat earth says that the bottom portion of the ships shouldn't be hidden in the first place, as there is no curvature to hide them.

There's a reason why elevation makes your view much better, because you are looking through the atmosphere and seeing more light reflecting off of the hull, bringing it back into focus.
As you elevate yourself you are actually looking through slightly more atmosphere than at sea level, so I'm  not sure what you are getting at??  Where does the "more light" come from?  How come only the bottom portion of the ships are obscured by this lack of light?

Scepti, in your confusion you have posted evidence for a round earth.   ;D

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 03:38:44 AM »
One video proving flat earth.
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Flat earth proof 4
Scepti I think have seen this occur when I spend the day at the beach but I never paid attention. This is something I will be checking out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 04:06:10 AM »

You know for a fact that the higher elevation will allow a further view of a flat earth.

It would not allow you to bring a ship back into view over a curve from a height like that compared to distance.
Yes, it would  - that is exactly what is predicted.  Flat earth says that the bottom portion of the ships shouldn't be hidden in the first place, as there is no curvature to hide them.

As you elevate yourself you are actually looking through slightly more atmosphere than at sea level, so I'm  not sure what you are getting at??  Where does the "more light" come from?  How come only the bottom portion of the ships are obscured by this lack of light?

How can you be looking through more atmosphere? It's you that's confused. The higher your elevation, the less atmosphere you have to obstruct your light in the distance.
Thinking it's because the ship is going down a curve is head scratching for why people would even dare think it, unless it was a water fall. Is it a water fall at the horizon? If not, then there's no curve.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 04:07:03 AM »

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Flat earth proof 4
Scepti I think have seen this occur when I spend the day at the beach but I never paid attention. This is something I will be checking out.
Ok, check it out in various states of weather and see what you come up with.

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 04:25:46 AM »
How can you be looking through more atmosphere? It's you that's confused.
Because the higher you are, the further to the object.  Have you not covered Pythagoras at school yet?

Are you suggesting it's because the atmosphere is thinner the higher you go?  That's hardly the case when you are stood on a cliff.  People don't take oxygen tanks on cliff side walks.

Thinking it's because the ship is going down a curve is head scratching for why people would even dare think it, unless it was a water fall. Is it a water fall at the horizon? If not, then there's no curve.
I've literally no idea what this means.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 05:01:14 AM »
Because the higher you are, the further to the object.  Have you not covered Pythagoras at school yet?

Are you suggesting it's because the atmosphere is thinner the higher you go?  That's hardly the case when you are stood on a cliff.  People don't take oxygen tanks on cliff side walks.

Well you stick to that. It's obvious you're not interested in even trying to think what anything means if it goes against your indoctrination.

glokta

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 05:07:48 AM »

Well you stick to that. It's obvious you're not interested in even trying to think what anything means if it goes against your indoctrination.
why dont you try and explain it maybe with some diagrams and evidence? This thread was started at your request as a platform to debate your key items of evidence so why are you just sulking and giving up? And have you got any more evidence of the hundreds of space programme discrepancies you claim exist?

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2014, 05:54:58 AM »
So when they alter a photo they tell everyone about it.  Sounds very honest to me, what is your problem?  NASA has certainly never admitted to faking photos of the earth.

Every time they get caught, they say something like, "Oh, well yeah, that photo is doctored in order to make it better for you to view."  They often use amateurs to doctor photos and often get caught, yet people just blindly believe everything they say. 

If they're being caught then we'd know they'd done it and hence we're not blindly (I think you mean 'blithely') believing everything they say, are we..

Inspite of this 'being caught', which as Jeff said is actually them admitting to having done something, they still seem to have our trust - why's that then?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:15:23 AM by jtlondon83 »

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 06:11:19 AM »
I'm trying to understand, but the sentence structure is all mangled, and I've genuinely no idea what it is you are trying to say.

Why don't you expand on the point, perhaps making the effort to make sure you are making sense?  Otherwise how will you ever convince anyone of this world shattering news?

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:36 AM »

How can you be looking through more atmosphere? It's you that's confused. The higher your elevation, the less atmosphere you have to obstruct your light in the distance.

Given that the atmosphere extends to around 100km off the surface do you really think that a change of a few hundred feet will make that much difference?

As always, the irrefutable prrof is that you can't see all of the object (the ship) as it is obscured by the Earth's curve. Just like the buildings in the Chicago picture and once again, on behalf of every reasonable person here, IF THE EARTH IS FLAT THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE LOWER PARTS OF OBJECTS SEEN AT DISTANCE?

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
The mere fact that the ships are on a side view to you and not moving away, leaves only the lower versus the higher elevation.
Agreed.

Given optimal atmospheric conditions, no swells or big waves(or place the camera above them) and it shouldn't make a difference.

Wrong.  It will allow you to bring something back into view that is over a curve.  Do I need to provide one of diagrams posted in the past?

Even half sunk objects can be brought into focus.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:49:44 PM by 29silhouette »

ausGeoff

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 02:26:11 PM »
[snip]
One picture proving N.A.S.A are fakers.
[snip]

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to research this and post these images.

I've spent a bit of time assessing both.  The video is actually supportive of a round earth model, in that the distant ships both appear to be well below the visual horizon when viewed from the lower elevation of the beach.  At that relatively short distance from the camera, that would make no sense on a flat earth model, as the decks of both boats appear to be submerged.  With a round earth model, the physics and the optics make perfect sense, and satisfy every posit of the round earthers.

Additionally, the increase in the camera's elevation also satisfies the posits of a round earth, that is, an increase in elevation will—by the laws of optics—allow it to see further over the upwards curve of the earth's surface. 

So I can't say that this video is any more convincing than the hundreds of other similar videos I've viewed on YouTube.  Sorry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've seen the still image you posted before, and I've also read its debunking.  It was posted by a guy by the name of Walter Glenn Moore, whom I consider to be possibly certifiably insane.  He's an extremist conspiracy theorist who maintains that just about everything we see in the world and what we're told is bogus, and that we're being insidiously controlled by a mysterious power cartel who secretly rule the world!

As an example of this, check out this bit of abject drivel from his site (which example is but one of hundreds he posts) which alleges that the conservative Christian, Walt Disney was secretly a practicing satanist:

Walt Disney's trademark signature contains 3 hidden 6's, that is '666!' 666 is the number of the Beast of Revelation 13.....

For these reasons alone, I'd be suspicious of the truth of anything this nut-job posts—whether it's about a satanic Walt Disney, or allegedly bogus NASA moon landing images.  And I'm afraid this image doesn't really provide any identifiable empirical evidence that proves NASA was lying.  Any criticisms of the image's authenticity (of what it shows) is purely the conjecture of one, totally unqualified man, and nothing more.

To convince me sceptimatic, you'd need to post a far more original and well-evidenced image than this populist effort by some psychotic social misfit dwelling on the edge of insanity.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:32:34 PM by ausGeoff »

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:13 AM »

You know for a fact that the higher elevation will allow a further view of a flat earth. It would not allow you to bring a ship back into view over a curve from a height like that compared to distance.
It's the same reason they have crows nests or even the simpler things like the life guard sitting on the tower.
Of course you can argue it. Everything can be argued. The reason for the OP, though, was about giving out some evidence on the basis that it would be looked at with an open mind and it hasn't. It's clearly been looked at with the sole intention of immediately debunking it.
I thought the purpose of this thread was to ALL have a look at potential discrepabcies more critically.

If people are genuine, then the very least I would expect is for them to say, "hmmm, yeah, I see what you mean, it's very plausible that something may not be right."
Obviously that's wishful thinking.  ;D

Yep, I recall them being discussed as well. The thing is though, the answers given were not really satisfactory answers when you view the evidence and that's just one of hundreds of potential discrepancies out of the whole thing.
Yes, yes, I know what your thoughts are on it all, so I'm under no illusions about you taking any other stance but to debunk.

What part of this don't you understand? The rover comes from a different stowage unit on the Module.. just because some ignorant nutter posted that poster you put up, doesnt make them right, they got it wrong too.. as has been said, the section you are mistaking for the Rover muldule is for the MESA: http://www.apollosaturn.com/Lmnr/s228.gif

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2014, 06:36:09 AM »

One picture proving N.A.S.A are fakers.

If you do more research you will discover that the package not opened was not the rover package. The fellow who discovered this corrected his statement that the rover was attached on the other side of the Lem. In either case the rover would not fit in that package.

great thanks - will look through them

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2014, 08:29:35 AM »
I have a few more observations for you lot, later. Now the question is. Are you going to look at them with a critical questioning eye and mind or are you going to go into full ob frenzied debunk mode. I need to know this before I post them up to save me wasting my time going against a posse of frenzied N.A.S.A starry eyed believers or shills.

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »
Just give me them one at a time and I will give you my honest opinion. If I don't know I will tell you and we will move to the next one. Remember that are going to be lots of other people here that are going to play that game. Try to give me things that can be prove or disprove with some logic or facts. Using theories to disprove theories will get us nowhere. Just like the Lem example above was an good example.

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2014, 09:41:07 AM »
I have a few more observations for you lot, later. Now the question is. Are you going to look at them with a critical questioning eye and mind or are you going to go into full ob frenzied debunk mode.
That really depends on whether you post a load of bunk or not, doesn't it? 

However you can be sure I won't be frenzied.  I'm never frenzied. 

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2014, 10:31:24 AM »
Are you going to look at them with a critical questioning eye and mind ....
Isn't an understanding of the equipment in question, light and shadows, of the how the imaging equipment works, all part of that process?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »
Let's start with something simple.
Now as we all know, vehicles leave tyre tracks and humans, even in big boots, leave boot prints. Having said that. Can anyone tell me how this vehicle got into this situation without leaving tyre tracks.

Here's my 3 guesses.

1. It was lowered into position via a crane, maybe some kind of arms attached to the tin foil clad lander.

2. It's a hover rover and it's wheels don;t actually touch the ground upon movement.

3. Every time it's moved, an astronaut sweeps the track marks away and that's why we just see boot prints.

If it's not any of these, can anyone give me another reason or two as to what could be happening here?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:00:22 PM by sceptimatic »

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2014, 04:16:32 PM »
I could hazard a couple more guesses, but that's all they'd be.

4. It was assembled in this position.

5. It was picked up by the astronauts and placed there (no crane required, as even though it had a mass of 210kg, it only weighed about 35kg on the moon)

edit:
6. The astronauts had been walking around it recently and kicked a lot of dust about, covering the tracks (there does seem to be a lot of boot prints, some partially filled in with loose dust)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:24:29 PM by Scintific Method »
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

?

tappet

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2014, 04:35:08 PM »
Now as we all know, vehicles leave tyre tracks and humans, even in big boots, leave boot prints. Having said that. Can anyone tell me how this vehicle got into this situation without leaving tyre tracks.

Here's my 3 guesses.

1. It was lowered into position via a crane, maybe some kind of arms attached to the tin foil clad lander.

2. It's a hover rover and it's wheels don;t actually touch the ground upon movement.

3. Every time it's moved, an astronaut sweeps the track marks away and that's why we just see boot prints.

If it's not any of these, can anyone give me another reason or two as to what could be happening here?

Looking at  that buggy, she's certainly done a few laps of the track.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
I could hazard a couple more guesses, but that's all they'd be.

4. It was assembled in this position.
Ok but I think you would agree that it's highly unlikely considering it unfolds from a holding bay, right?
5. It was picked up by the astronauts and placed there (no crane required, as even though it had a mass of 210kg, it only weighed about 35kg on the moon)
Again, extremely unlikely and dangerous. We are talking about astronaut suits in a supposed moon vacuum. Do you seriously think they would risk picking something like that up with the very very possible likelyhood of causing a suit tear.

edit:
6. The astronauts had been walking around it recently and kicked a lot of dust about, covering the tracks (there does seem to be a lot of boot prints, some partially filled in with loose dust)
Yes that's possible, except it's extremely unlikely to wipe out all the tyre tracks, right?

Now given the fact that you have viewed this. Is it also extremely possible that this buggy is not on the moon and is in fact in a desert area or a designated staging area on Earth. Is is possible?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:43:20 PM by sceptimatic »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »

Here's my 3 guesses.

Looking at  that buggy, she's certainly done a few laps of the track.
Yes! And take a look at the state of the actornauts legs. It's almost like they actually were on a  powdered cement moon.