If I jump in the air why doesn't the ground move @ 1000MPH?

• 1719 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: If I jump in the air why doesn't the ground move @ 1000MPH?
« Reply #1710 on: January 14, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »
So how do you think they work?

Whats with the music in the video?
What do you think about that satellite TV link in that video. Forget the music.
Very amusing, but back to the subject. How do sat trucks work?
It is amusing isn't it. It makes you wonder how they do work, doesn't it.

« Reply #1711 on: January 14, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »

They use satellites. Evidence and documentation is available from suppliers, manufacturers, users and broadcasters.

How do you think a live news item gets from location to studio?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1712 on: January 14, 2014, 12:46:32 PM »

They use satellites. Evidence and documentation is available from suppliers, manufacturers, users and broadcasters.

Relay. How did they do it year ago. You know, before fake satellites.

« Reply #1713 on: January 14, 2014, 12:52:03 PM »

Microwaves dishes on masts back to receiver points.  Satellite is easier, more flexible. Relay means nothing, and the dish points to the satellite.

Any proof this is incorrect?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:55:55 PM by inquisitive »

« Reply #1714 on: January 14, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »

Microwaves dishes on masts back to receiver points.  Satellite is easier, more flexible. Relay means nothing, and the dish points to the satellite.

Your missing the obvious implication... it's all fake. If one example can be proven to be fake then we can logically assume all are fake, no? Even when one reporter is in Iraq with bombs exploding behind in the night him and the other in daylight in Washington DC.

Want more proof of the satellite deception?

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Joe Galliano Reacts To His Brother's Allegedly Anti-Semitic Hat - CONAN on TBS
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:22:27 PM by Whiskey »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1715 on: January 14, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »

Your missing the obvious implication... it's all fake. If one example can be proven to be fake then we can logically assume all are fake, no? Even when one reporter is in Iraq with bombs exploding behind in the night him and the other in daylight in Washington DC.

Want more proof of the satellite deception?

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Joe Galliano Reacts To His Brother's Allegedly Anti-Semitic Hat - CONAN on TBS
I sure hope you are not being serious with that link.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1716 on: January 14, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
How do you add force to a falling object?
By pulling down on it with a string?[/b]
By having a jet engine on it pointing down?
Good luck pulling the string on a falling object.

Tell me why you wouldn't be able to?

Tell me why, if I drop something above my head, I am able to, with the same had that dropped it, reach down and catch that object?
[/quote] Because your arm movement to hand has enough energy to move faster than the ball.
[/quote]
Now tell me, if there was a string attached from the object I dropped to my finger, why wouldn't the string pull on the object?
[/quote]It would.

[/quote]

OK, now if there is a string attached to a falling object and I pulled it down, now it would pull it down, thus adding a force to a falling object.  Where as before you wished me good luck in doing so.

This is where you are falling apart.  You are so set in being right, that you don't realise that you are contradicting yourself in your posts.  Then you get all bent out of shape when people question your thinking and point out where it does not work according to what is observed.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #1717 on: January 14, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »
What is your take on the table having a nett upwards force being applied to it by air pressure?
What makes you think there is an upward force acting under the table?
Explain how this upward force works?

Pressure is force per unit area. Atmospheric pressure drops at a known (measured) rate, such that the difference in pressure over a height difference of 5cm is 0.6Pa. Using my hypothetical table top of thickness 5cm and surface area 2m2, and remembering that 1Pa = 1N/m2, force can be calculated from pressure (0.6Pa, or 0.6N/m2) and area (2m2) like so:

0.6N/m2 x 2m2 = 1.2N

So a pressure difference of 0.6Pa over a surface area of 2m2 results in a force of 1.2N, equivalent to about 0.26lb. Since the pressure was higher on the bottom of the table top, the force is upward. It's all very basic physics and maths, and all very easy to confirm, even for someone who hasn't learned it all.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1718 on: January 14, 2014, 03:38:45 PM »
What is your take on the table having a nett upwards force being applied to it by air pressure?
What makes you think there is an upward force acting under the table?
Explain how this upward force works?

Pressure is force per unit area. Atmospheric pressure drops at a known (measured) rate, such that the difference in pressure over a height difference of 5cm is 0.6Pa. Using my hypothetical table top of thickness 5cm and surface area 2m2, and remembering that 1Pa = 1N/m2, force can be calculated from pressure (0.6Pa, or 0.6N/m2) and area (2m2) like so:

0.6N/m2 x 2m2 = 1.2N

So a pressure difference of 0.6Pa over a surface area of 2m2 results in a force of 1.2N, equivalent to about 0.26lb. Since the pressure was higher on the bottom of the table top, the force is upward. It's all very basic physics and maths, and all very easy to confirm, even for someone who hasn't learned it all.
Which is why people like you, cannot be reasoned with.

ausGeoff

« Reply #1719 on: January 14, 2014, 03:45:31 PM »

Yes it is, but it doesn't work the same downwards, does it..and this is the argument in truth, because you call this the force of gravity and I call it denpressure.

Your gravity has no real explanation for why all this happens and mine does, yet mine is discarded and yours isn't. Why?
The simple answer is, you are a voice of the mass believers.

Any object that is heavier than the atmosphere it is in, will naturally stay at the bottom. Not because of fake gravity but because of the nature of how elements compact into their dense states.

Firstly, you need to accept the fact that there is NO such entity, force, or phenomenon as your imaginary "denpressure".  I defy you to find any reference to such a term in any physics texts from the last two centuries.  Further I defy you to get any support for this "denpressure" concept from you fellow FEs here.  You will find that not one of them supports it.  Why?  Because at least they have a basic understanding of elementary physics, and don't simply make things up on the trot in order to support their arguments.

Our "idea"—as you call it—of gravity is accepted, and has been, by scientists the world over for around 400 years (Galileo and his early tower of Pisa experiment, ans Newton's confirmation in 1687).  Are you seriously suggesting that the millions of scientists since then who acknowledge gravity are all mentally deluded, morons, liars, or part of a centuries-old global conspiracy?  Really?

Do you not wonder—for even a moment—why there exists a body of "mass believers" that accept the gravitational theories?

Gravity explains so precisely and simply so many concepts we take for granted, but which you choose to willfully ignore:  ski runs, bathroom scales, pumps, see-saws and swings, pendulums and mechanical clocks, roller-coasters, artillery and archery, hot-air balloons, waterfalls and clouds and rain, ball games, space shuttles and satellites, ballistic missiles, flush toilets, elevators, ferris wheels, ten-pin bowling etc etc etc.

Without the force of gravity, none of these things could exist in their current form.

And your assertion that "elements compact into their dense states" needs some sort of detailed explanation from you, as there's zero physical, scientific evidence that supports this idea.