Flat Earth Society Memes (No Globularist Memes)

• 714 Replies

rvlvr

Re: Flat Earth Society Memes
« Reply #690 on: November 07, 2019, 10:24:48 AM »
How can you post something as stupid as that?

Yes

« Reply #691 on: November 07, 2019, 10:42:00 AM »
How can you post something as stupid as that?
Because he's actually a RE'er who gets his kicks by posting things that are so incredibly stupid that it makes FE'ers look even worse than they would on their own.

Or perhaps this is some sort of false flag operation for his Facebook page to drive his crazy drug-addled uncle into admitting the damage his sustained paranoia has caused to the family and finally receive help.  We may never know these internal crises.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #692 on: November 07, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »
Posting round earth memes in the flat earth meme section will from now on earn you a ban.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

rvlvr

« Reply #693 on: November 07, 2019, 12:58:45 PM »
Posting round earth memes in the flat earth meme section will from now on earn you a ban.
I’d like to contest that as the topic is ”Flat Earth Society Memes”. Not quite sure how that excludes RE memes.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #694 on: November 07, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »
I’d like to contest that as the topic is ”Flat Earth Society Memes”. Not quite sure how that excludes RE memes.
It does because I said so.

In reality, if I were to take your argument as I understand it, this should exclude all memes not created by us as it is a thread of "Flat Earth Society Memes". However, this is overly restrictive.

rvlvr

Re: Flat Earth Society Memes (No Globularist Memes)
« Reply #695 on: November 07, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »
Fair enough! This is your house.

?

frenat

« Reply #696 on: November 07, 2019, 02:09:29 PM »
does that include when Plat Terra posts memes arguing for a geocentric globe Earth as he did two days ago?

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #697 on: November 07, 2019, 02:38:50 PM »
Globe Earth reminds me of the Walking Dead.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #698 on: November 07, 2019, 05:29:35 PM »
What about posting deliberate misrepresentations/outright lies about RET?  Doesn't intellectual integrity matter to FE'ers?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

« Reply #699 on: November 07, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #700 on: November 07, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #701 on: November 07, 2019, 07:37:13 PM »

In reality, if I were to take your argument as I understand it, this should exclude all memes not created by us as it is a thread of "Flat Earth Society Memes". However, this is overly restrictive.

So I'm guessing it should just be titled, "Pro Flat Earth Memes (No Globularist Memes)", no 'Society'. That would square things up.

Plat Terra

« Reply #702 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »

rvlvr

« Reply #703 on: November 08, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »
What about posting deliberate misrepresentations/outright lies about RET?  Doesn't intellectual integrity matter to FE'ers?
I wouldn't mind that much if they were funny. Alas... :(

EDIT: Also not sure what Plat posts are memes. Might need a bit more virality to qualify as such. Just uploading pictures one makes are not memes, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:51:21 AM by rvlvr »

mak3m

« Reply #704 on: November 08, 2019, 04:37:49 AM »
Move thread to complete nonsense problem solved
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

« Reply #705 on: November 08, 2019, 06:57:46 AM »

So I'm guessing it should just be titled, "Pro Flat Earth Memes (No Globularist Memes)", no 'Society'. That would square things up.

Haha funny i just wondered why he was able to post re counter posts and not get a slap.

Plat Terra

« Reply #706 on: November 08, 2019, 08:11:03 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #707 on: November 08, 2019, 08:12:38 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #708 on: November 08, 2019, 08:14:36 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #709 on: November 08, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
How to comfort the whiners here.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #710 on: November 08, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »
Have fun in your echo chamber Plat...
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Plat Terra

« Reply #711 on: November 08, 2019, 04:57:17 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #712 on: November 08, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #713 on: November 08, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #714 on: November 08, 2019, 10:42:54 PM »
Nope. Shut it down.