Flat Earth Society Memes (No Globularist Memes)

• 714 Replies

rvlvr

Re: Flat Earth Society Memes
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2019, 06:58:17 AM »

rvlvr

« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2019, 06:59:03 AM »

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #602 on: October 23, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #603 on: October 23, 2019, 11:14:46 AM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

mak3m

« Reply #604 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34:07 AM »
You ok Platt?
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Plat Terra

« Reply #605 on: October 24, 2019, 03:20:26 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #606 on: October 24, 2019, 07:14:02 PM »
LET'S GIVE THE GLOBIES A CLUE........

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #607 on: October 24, 2019, 11:33:45 PM »
LET'S GIVE THE GLOBIES A CLUE........

horizon (n.)
late 14c., orisoun, from Old French orizon (14c., Modern French horizon), earlier orizonte (13c.), from Latin horizontem (nominative horizon), from Greek horizon (kyklos) "bounding (circle)," from horizein "bound, limit, divide, separate," from horos "boundary, landmark, marking stones." The h- was restored in English 17c. in imitation of Latin. Old English used eaggemearc ("eye-mark") for "limit of view, horizon." The apparent horizon is distinguished from the celestial or astronomical horizon.

Plat Terra

« Reply #608 on: October 25, 2019, 09:16:35 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #609 on: October 26, 2019, 04:52:06 PM »
SING IT LOUD...

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #610 on: October 27, 2019, 03:30:06 PM »
Plat with his BS got me going:

Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Gumwars

« Reply #611 on: October 27, 2019, 03:34:20 PM »
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Gumwars

« Reply #612 on: October 27, 2019, 03:41:02 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #613 on: October 28, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:35:05 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #614 on: October 28, 2019, 03:55:57 PM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #615 on: October 28, 2019, 04:02:07 PM »

You might want to double-check your math, about 1 foot hidden.

?

frenat

« Reply #616 on: October 28, 2019, 05:00:47 PM »

It would only be 4 feet below the line of sight if camera or binoculars were at zero feet. The distance to the horizon and the amount hidden depend on the height of the observer.
https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=3&h0=2&unit=imperial
It's the same mistake many flatties make when claiming objects are visible which should be over the curve. But you knew that already, right? I'm guessing you didn't and you'll likely still make the same mistake again.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:05:35 PM by frenat »

?

frenat

« Reply #617 on: October 28, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »

Just because a topographical map doesn't also show a curve doesn't mean it isn't there. Just that that particular map doesn't show it. All you've shown is the mapmaker didn't want his product to get too complicated.. You ever talk to a geodetic surveyor as was suggested to you multiple times?  I'm betting you didn't.

But thanks for the humor and the proof that you don't understand the subject!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:10:41 PM by frenat »

Plat Terra

« Reply #618 on: October 28, 2019, 06:23:49 PM »

It would only be 4 feet below the line of sight if camera or binoculars were at zero feet. The distance to the horizon and the amount hidden depend on the height of the observer.
It's the same mistake many flatties make when claiming objects are visible which should be over the curve. But you knew that already, right? I'm guessing you didn't and you'll likely still make the same mistake again.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #619 on: October 28, 2019, 06:54:11 PM »

Please refrain from mistakes:

?

frenat

« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2019, 08:03:12 PM »

And you proved me right. You continue to make the same mistake. The curvature chart you posted is for the drop but does NOT show how much should be hidden which changes based on observer height. That you still don't understand that when it has been pointed out to you multiple times shows you don't understand the subject you argue against.
Yet another fail from Plat Terra

Here's another prediction: You'll still continue to make this same mistake.

Thanks for the humor!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:05:45 PM by frenat »

Plat Terra

« Reply #621 on: October 28, 2019, 10:32:21 PM »

And you proved me right. You continue to make the same mistake. The curvature chart you posted is for the drop but does NOT show how much should be hidden which changes based on observer height. That you still don't understand that when it has been pointed out to you multiple times shows you don't understand the subject you argue against.

Thanks for the humor!

You are confused and giving the humor.

With your face on the ground looking straight ahead with level line of sight, the flag would be 6' below your line of sight at 3 miles.

And at 2' as you look straight ahead with a level line of sight, the flag would be 4' below your line of sight at 3 miles.   My math is correct with a level line of sight. Got that yet?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:34:23 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #622 on: October 29, 2019, 06:34:17 AM »

In special weather conditions, the roundies use refraction to explain horizon phenomena.

In ALL conditions, flatties use refraction to explain.

So who's having it both ways?

?

frenat

« Reply #623 on: October 29, 2019, 06:46:40 AM »

Thanks for the humor!

With your face on the ground looking straight ahead with level line of sight, the flag would be 6' below your line of sight at 3 miles.

And at 2' as you look straight ahead with a level line of sight, the flag would be 4' below your line of sight at 3 miles.   My math is correct with a level line of sight. Got that yet?

You've proven me right again.
did you forget your hypothetical flag was at 2 feet? Now you're claiming it should be 6 feet below your line of sight at three miles?
No, that is not how it works. You didn't bother to check the link provided, did you? Here it is again but I'm thinking you'll ignore it again.

It should have the units in question prefilled but you can adjust them and can see how much should be hidden. The amount of drop only equals the amount hidden if you view from zero feet. Raise the observer height and the amount hidden decreases as your horizon is farther and you can see more over the curve. it isn't a straight add/subtract. Alternatively you could do the math yourself but everyone knows you can't do that.

The Dunning-Kruger is strong in you. I'm thinking you'll still continue to get this wrong. You don't seem to take criticism well as you've shown in your inability to understand the difference between drop from curvature and elevation.

Plat Terra

« Reply #624 on: October 29, 2019, 09:29:34 AM »

Thanks for the humor!

did you forget your hypothetical flag was at 2 feet? Now you're claiming it should be 6 feet below your line of sight at three miles?
No, that is not how it works. You didn't bother to check the link provided, did you? Here it is again but I'm thinking you'll ignore it again.

It should have the units in question prefilled but you can adjust them and can see how much should be hidden. The amount of drop only equals the amount hidden if you view from zero feet. Raise the observer height and the amount hidden decreases as your horizon is farther and you can see more over the curve. it isn't a straight add/subtract. Alternatively you could do the math yourself but everyone knows you can't do that.

The Dunning-Kruger is strong in you. I'm thinking you'll still continue to get this wrong. You don't seem to take criticism well as you've shown in your inability to understand the difference between drop from curvature and elevation.

Your argument is insignificant, lame and ridicules coming from an educated man.  You’re just trying to get lame brownie points.  The issue is about where the “Surface is in curvature drop” from a level point of view and not about the elevation of the flag and how much should be hidden. The flag is just a surface marker. It’s a surface marker, got that yet?

?

frenat

« Reply #625 on: October 29, 2019, 09:59:23 AM »

Thanks for the humor!

Your argument is insignificant, lame and ridicules coming from an educated man.  You’re just trying to get lame brownie points.  The issue is about where the “Surface is in curvature drop” from a level point of view and not about the elevation of the flag and how much should be hidden. The flag is just a surface marker. It’s a surface marker, got that yet?
My argument is correct. The amount hidden changes based on observer height. YOUR proposed experiment would fail based on that. YOU are trying to change your argument now when YOUR proposed experiment clearly mentions the visibility of the 2 foot flag. If it is just supposed to be a surface marker then why make a point of specifying the size of the flag and how far under the curve it would be? That you can't just admit your mistake and learn from it is very telling. No attempt for brownie points. Just simply pointing out where you are wrong. And the fact remains that at 3 miles with an observer height of 2 feet with no refraction that only 1.07 feet would be hidden.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:46:03 AM by frenat »

Plat Terra

« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »

« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2019, 12:34:58 PM »
Whats easier?

Squashing all attempts at space travel

Or

Creating elaborate mock models and cgi and telescopes and universities and fake videos and fake moon rocks and controlling other countries as well to be on board with the fakery and any private media companies to have staff that also be tricked by their own i ternal fakeries?

Really?

mak3m

« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2019, 01:03:51 PM »
Ive taken him through physical measurement of curvature a number of times?

Fingers in ear defence strikes again

mak3m

« Reply #629 on: October 29, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
...or just go and measure it.

Dont need a picture, just a theodolite, a chartwell pad and a retractable pencil

Simples

Can you measure or demonstrate the flat?