Flat Earth Society Memes (No Globularist Memes)

• 714 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Flat Earth Society Memes
« Reply #330 on: September 06, 2019, 02:00:58 AM »

Because you are not a flat earther. Try it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #331 on: September 06, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
How to recognize a Globie.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #332 on: September 06, 2019, 09:42:19 AM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »

Yes

« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:32 AM »
[Photograph of Plat Terra saying, "special relativity is the structure of spacetime, general relativity is the theory of gravitation."]
Special relativity is NOT the structure of spacetime, it is a model that assumes a FLAT spacetime. This assumption makes it simpler to apply and works just fine for such a use case.  To say it another way, special relativity is a special case of relativity where spacetime is flat, or at least flat enough that deviations are not relevant to the model.  General relativity deals with non-flat spacetime, and out of it emerges a coherent, geometric model of gravity.

themoreyouknow.gif
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

rvlvr

« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2019, 11:26:36 AM »

This one is a classic. I have it on my phone.

Though not quite sure how it fits here.

Plat Terra

« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2019, 06:48:13 PM »
How to stop those pesky Flat Earthers.

:) :) :) :)And remember, Geodesy is a fancy deceptive word for measuring elevation not curvature ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:55:46 PM by Plat Terra »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2019, 08:43:01 PM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #338 on: September 07, 2019, 12:21:42 AM »
:) :) :) :)And remember, Geodesy is a fancy deceptive word for measuring elevation not curvature ;D ;D ;D ;D
That's all YOU know! You're are showing your abysmal ignorance again still.

The "father of Geodesy", Al-Biruni, used Geodesy to measure the curvature of the earth and hence its radius.

Quote from: Syed Aslam THE MUSLIM OBSERVER, Thursday, May 15, 2008
Muslim Scientists and Thinkers
Abu Rayhan al-Biruni was born in Kath, Uzbekistan in 973 CE a region adjoining the Aral Sea. He began his studies at a very young age under the famous mathematician Abu Nasr Mansur. In 1017 Sultan Mahmud Ghazni extend his kingdom to Kath area and he took al Biruni with him to his capital.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Al-Biruni is regarded as the father of geodesy and . . . . . . . accurately calculated the circumference of the earth which is very close to the present value. His calculated value of earth's radius is 6339 km, which differs from the modern value by 16 km. This value was not obtained by the Europeans until the middle of 16th century. While he was very young he accurately calculated the latitude of various places.
And here's more detail: Al-Biruni's Classic Experiment: How to Calculate the Radius of the Earth?.

But, I know why you don't like Geodesy.
Geodetic surveyors are the ones that measure large regions of the earth and make maps that prove your flat earth cannot be correct.

The map I see from flat earthers of the shape of Australia is the sort of distorted rubbish on the left below:

The only NP AEP maps that I have seen have shown it like:
"Ice Wall" Flat Earth Map - Australia

no, Australia looks more like this!
Map of Australia, 1855
That map on the right was published in 1855 and I can scale large distance with quite good accuracy from that.

Plat Terra

« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2019, 07:39:05 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »
Supply list for faking Zero G hair and clothes on the fake ISS.

Plat Terra

« Reply #341 on: September 07, 2019, 01:44:34 PM »
This is why it's best to unlearn what you have learned in the mainstream arena and choose to relearn through questions, research, observation, science and common sense instead of traditional teachings. Only you can prove the truth to yourself. 

Plat Terra

« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2019, 07:27:54 AM »
What do Globies really know?

Plat Terra

« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2019, 07:33:12 AM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2019, 03:18:39 PM »

Did anyone else notice that the horizon on the mirrored sphere is higher than the actual horizon?

Plat Terra

« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2019, 03:20:04 PM »

--

Don’t believe the Globies. In 1893, Gleason published his flat Earth chrome "Is the Earth From Heaven” which gave many flat Earth proofs and explained his map.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 03:50:59 PM by Plat Terra »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »

Correct, because the Gleason map is an azimuthal equidistant Globe projection. The others, Mercator Globe projections are more horizontal in nature. In other words, all of the maps represented in your meme are depicting a Globe earth.

From Gleason's patent filing of his map:

"The extorsion of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles."

Plat Terra

« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2019, 03:52:17 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2019, 07:13:00 PM »
How will you score?

Plat Terra

« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2019, 09:50:40 AM »
Speaking of the naked eye as they claim.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:44:53 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2019, 09:51:47 AM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #352 on: September 12, 2019, 11:32:43 AM »

Excellent and well put point!

I don't know about an American Football field, but you can see a soccer pitch from space so I don't know what's excellent or well put about the point.

"The images were captured with DigitalGlobe satellites WorldView-3 and WorldView-4 at true 30 cm spatial resolution – the highest resolution currently commercially available. This allows football fans a unique view of where the 64 games that will decide this summer’s World Cup will be played."

Plat Terra

« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »

The Sidereal Confusion Exposed

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:56:51 PM by Plat Terra »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2019, 02:54:58 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2019, 05:55:43 PM »

Where do you dig this stuff up? It's fake.

In the steemit version:

"Thomas Wilkinson, 29 has been working for the company for 7 years and is in charge of strategy and operations at Google Earth."

In some other random blog:

"Thomas Wilkinson, 49, of Palo Alto has been a senior developer at Google for seven years."

Here's the real Thomas Wilkinson. He doesn't work for google and isn't named Thomas Wilkinson:
https://movio.co/blog/day-in-the-life-movio-software-engineer/

Plat Terra

« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »

The first Walt Disney directed cartoon, about a steamboat and a mouse, was released in 1928, decades before NASA was even dreamt of.

rvlvr

« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2019, 12:20:43 AM »

Where do you dig this stuff up? It's fake.

In the steemit version:

"Thomas Wilkinson, 29 has been working for the company for 7 years and is in charge of strategy and operations at Google Earth."

In some other random blog:

"Thomas Wilkinson, 49, of Palo Alto has been a senior developer at Google for seven years."

Here's the real Thomas Wilkinson. He doesn't work for google and isn't named Thomas Wilkinson:
https://movio.co/blog/day-in-the-life-movio-software-engineer/
:D