Flat Earth Society Memes (No Globularist Memes)

• 714 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: Flat Earth Society Memes
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2019, 09:24:21 AM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2019, 07:27:50 PM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Yes

« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32:45 AM »
Now we know why a Globie can't see MT Everest from their kitchen window. And we can see Newton is in over his head.

Your explanation of sunsets seems to be contradicted by sunsets.

As the sun flies away, 3200 miles above us, how does it appear that the sun is moving below the horizon?  Shouldn't it instead appear to fade away above the horizon?  Why would it ever appear to sink? 

(Do I need to post this text as a poorly-compressed jpegy image for this reply to be considered appropriate on this thread?)
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Plat Terra

« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2019, 04:08:47 PM »
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:33:04 AM by Plat Terra »

?

frenat

« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »

What I see here is proof that you have no concept how different lenses can affect the image.  How sad for you.

The below gif illustrates this perfectly. The truck and barn never move, only the lens changes.
https://i.imgur.com/8Tg5bP3.gifv

But thanks for the humor!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 06:10:59 PM by frenat »

Plat Terra

« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »

Yes

« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2019, 08:02:36 AM »
The photograph transmission technology back then was quite rudimentary compared to today.  If I recall correctly, the picture was taken and developed using special film, then electronically scanned in space and broadcast back to earth in a fax format, then reconstructed on earth using fax (or fax-like) printers.  Of course, back then, that was cutting edge.  Pretty amazing what was done with old analog technology.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

?

frenat

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2019, 08:05:54 AM »

Or rather, you can see the scan lines from where the probed developed the film onboard and used a scanner to then send the image back to Earth

http://solarviews.com/eng/orbiter1.htm

"The film was bimat processed on board and optically scanned, and the resulting video signal was telemetered to ground stations."

but thank you for showing your lack of research.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:07:46 AM by frenat »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2019, 08:14:16 AM »
Why are you dingdongs still trying to debate in this thread?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

frenat

« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2019, 08:24:07 AM »
Pointing out flaws is not debating. Just trying to help him not look foolish with his lack of research.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2019, 08:27:15 AM »
Pointing out flaws is not debating. Just trying to help him not look foolish with his lack of research.

And you make yourself look foolish every time.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

frenat

« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »

And you make yourself look foolish every time.
You're welcome to that opinion.

Plat Terra

« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2019, 12:09:36 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2019, 06:44:18 PM »
Claim to see the ISS with the naked eye.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:21:18 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »

Apparently you've never heard of a telescope. Airplane through a telescopic lens:

« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2019, 12:22:00 PM »
Claim to see the ISS with the naked eye.

Haha, this is funny, wish I'd seen it earlier. So you can't see an air liner 6 miles up and no, you can't see the the ISS 250 miles up during the day.

But wait until night time with the sun shining on them and they are as bright as anything in the sky.

If you claim to have never seen the ISS at night then you are either willfully ignoring it or a fool.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

Plat Terra

« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »
Yes, it's true. They said these things and these same people want you to believe Earth is a Sphere.

Plat Terra

« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2019, 10:09:48 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2019, 02:30:27 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2019, 01:52:05 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »

Yes

« Reply #268 on: August 27, 2019, 08:24:18 AM »
I wish to know more about these implants.

Plat Terra

« Reply #269 on: August 27, 2019, 08:42:44 AM »