Flat Earth Society Memes (No Globularist Memes)

• 714 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Flat Earth Society Memes
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »
if earth was flat
then how can we see 3D ?

You think it so.  ;)

if earth is flat then we should be 2D people on a 2D surface

Are you sure its not being like that?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2137912#msg2137912

we couldnt just walk one direction and at one time be where you started at
so if people know about this then flat earth would be FAKE

If you go constantly through west or east in a flat world you return your starting point.

If you go constantly through north then you find the zero point of the earth.

If you go constantly through south then you die.

4- This place for picture art, like this:

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
made up meme

There is literally no such thing as "dip flying".

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2019, 03:13:58 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2019, 11:03:44 PM »
made up meme

There is literally no such thing as "dip flying".

Not on a Flat earth.....but....

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2019, 02:50:50 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2019, 11:11:26 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »

In the case of the quote, “In the case of the South Pole, the land traversed beyond the Pole included an area as big  as North America plus the South Pole continent.” You reference in the meme:

A) The quote is not from Admiral Byrd. It’s an interpretation of what Byrd said in an interview, written by Ray Palmer, the editor of the periodical called “Flying Saucers” for an article in a December 1957 issue.

B) If you watch the Admiral Byrd interview, his actual quote was, “Strangely enough, there is left in the world today, an area as big as the United States, that’s never been seen by a human being. And that’s beyond the pole, on the other side of the south pole from Little America.”

C) ‘Little America’ is in reference to his expeditions base of operations on the Ross Ice Shelf

D) Please get your facts and quotes straight. It’s highly disingenuous to do otherwise just for the sake of attempting to further promote your bias and beliefs.

Plat Terra

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »
And that's beyond the pole, on the other side of the South Pole, "from Middle America" Is what Admiral Richard E. Byrd said. The important direction Byrd spoke about (the last three words) was accidentally left out of the meme I made and posted. And can be heard in his interview.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:21:26 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »
And that's beyond the pole, on the other side of the South Pole, from Middle America" Is what Admiral Richard E. Byrd said. The important direction Byrd spoke about (the last three words) was accidentally left out the meme I made a posted. And can be heard in his interview.

The quote in your meme is:

“In the case of the South Pole, the land traversed beyond the Pole included an area as big as North America plus the South Pole continent.”
- Ray Palmer, the editor of “Flying Saucers” magazine

“Strangely enough, there is left in the world today, an area as big as the United States, that’s never been seen by a human being. And that’s beyond the pole, on the other side of the south pole from Little America.”
- Admiral Byrd

Two totally different quotes from two totally different people. Not a matter of leaving a few words off as you claim. Do your homework.

Byrd says "Little America", not "Middle America". There's no referring to the likes of Mexico.

Little America:
"Little America was a series of Antarctic exploration bases from 1929 to 1958, located on the Ross Ice Shelf, south of the Bay of Whales."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_America_(exploration_base)

Get your quotes and facts straight.

Plat Terra

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2019, 04:28:36 PM »
Correction. I accidentally left out 3 key words of Admiral Richard E. Byrd in the quote. This gives a direction from where he referenced. "from Middle America" I have added those words to the meme I made. I did not make the other meme I posted.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:55:54 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2019, 05:06:52 PM »
Correction. I accidentally left out 3 key words of Admiral Richard E. Byrd in the quote. This gives a direction from where he referenced. I have added those words to the meme I made. I did not make the other meme I posted.

It matters not whether you created the meme or not. It's up to you to not disseminate false information. That's your responsibility as a human.

As for your meme. How an infinite plane makes rockets and satellites feasible with uncited 'advanced' technology is up to you show. Not just make an unfounded claim. It's called evidence. Not just 'Plat Terra' notions.

Prove the Sun, Moon and planets are close. Show evidence. Again, just Plat Terra notions are inadequate.

"It's feasible..." is not a good place to start regarding much of anything without evidence. The world has been thought to be a globe for thousands of years. I don't think "mass media" was a thing back then.

We've already gone through the Admiral Byrd business you have mis-quoted. He did not say "Middle America", not that it would make a difference toward the veracity of your meme, he said, "Little America".

Little America:
"Little America was a series of Antarctic exploration bases from 1929 to 1958, located on the Ross Ice Shelf, south of the Bay of Whales."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_America_(exploration_base)

The Antarctic Treaty became effective in June of 1961. And for good reason - The treaty sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve, establishes freedom of scientific investigation, and bans military activity on the continent. Good reasons, if you ask me. Humans, unfettered, seem to destroy a lot of what they come in contact with.

And if you're really wishing global warming will melt Antarctica to reveal some 'secrets', you are beyond clueless. Do you have any idea what that would do to sea levels around the world? You always bring up Florida and the Delta. You know where they would be? They wouldn't be anywhere except for under water.

Look into this stuff with a modicum of learning and logic before you start spewing unfounded nonsense. Do the work and I don't mean just watching flat earth YouTube videos.

Plat Terra

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2019, 07:21:28 PM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2019, 10:40:28 PM »

Sure the globe community can measure the curvature. It's called Geodesy. Today with devices like the Theodolite used for land surveying, earths curvature is measured all the time. When surveying you can measure the vertical deflection between points commonly using plumb lines. Meaning the plumbs point to the center of the earth which at a distance makes them not parallel. Which, in turn, displays the curvature amount.
An even more modern method for mapping the curvature and contours of earth uses GPS satellites and other technologies like plane based LiDAR.

Plat Terra

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »

A better question might be "where did you get the picture of Florida?"
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2019, 02:30:48 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2019, 07:53:31 PM »

As has been explained to you numerous times, the "Accurate" one is exactly as it should look on a 7920 mile diameter Globe!

But I do have to ask, "If the earth is flat why is the horizon that you have drawn below eye-level?"

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:14:06 PM by rabinoz »

Plat Terra

« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2019, 08:30:30 PM »
Humor is good for the soul!

Plat Terra

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2019, 11:45:59 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2019, 10:49:10 AM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2019, 09:15:31 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »

Plat Terra

« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2019, 03:31:01 PM »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.