I ordered a ThL W11

• 7 Replies

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
I ordered a ThL W11
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
I'm not a complete "retart" so that could be one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it so much. Android is very smooth, has great functionality, and doesn't lock you into restrictive DRM and licensing policies from a single company. I like that it lets me replace the stock OS with a custom ROM of my choosing if I don't like the way my vendor does things. My only complaint is that... wait, there's nothing to complain about. It's got a fucking 1920x1080 display that fits in the palm of your hand, and two 13M cameras. I also get to support a valiant freedom-fighter company who cares very little about ridiculous concepts such as "intellectual property" or "naming your company something that makes sense". I am very confident that with this Technology, I will live a Happy Life.

On a more serious note, this is the first time I'm buying a reasonably expensive product that has not been made by a well-known brand. The store I ordered it from has a reasonable 45-day return policy which will allow me to return the phone to its Chinese overlords if I happen to be dissatisfied. Assuming the build quality is acceptable, the phone appears to offer very good value for money compared to Western competitors. We shall see how things go once it arrives!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:53:51 PM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

Thork

• Please do not touch or disturb me.
Re: I ordered a ThL W11
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »
I'd only be more frightened for you, if you told me you were allowing African immigrants to cum in your arse.

This reminds me of the time Parsifal bought a Chinese laptop. No good can come of this. 2 billion Chinese people will be watching you whilst you sleep ... and beating off.  >:(

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:27:04 PM »
I'd only be more frightened for you, if you told me you were allowing African immigrants to cum in your arse.
Why would that frighten you?

This reminds me of the time Parsifal bought a Chinese laptop.
Well, there are some undeniable similarities. However, the key difference is that what I'm buying is a fairly standard Android phone. It uses the same architecture, and therefore will run the same software, as any other Android of similar specs. Parsifal's laptop was so hipster it couldn't even run Windows, lol.

No good can come of this. 2 billion Chinese people will be watching you whilst you sleep ... and beating off.  >:(
After the initial testing period (during which I shouldn't mess with the phone too much, in case I want to return it) I intend to flash the phone with either a stock version of Android or Cyanogenmod. This should ensure that the people watching me and beating off will be the God-fearing American employees of Google - the way it should be.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
How are they able to sell them at such a low price? Surely it takes a hit in reliability or something. Looks amazing for the price.

Rushy

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »
How are they able to sell them at such a low price? Surely it takes a hit in reliability or something. Looks amazing for the price.

It's more like how can every other phone manufacturer sell shit at such high prices.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
If there's a catch, I will hopefully find out soon. For now, I am optimistically assuming that well-known brands abuse their reputation to drive prices much higher than they need to be.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 02:05:10 PM »
I don't see why their quality would be any different. THL probably made phones for other companies before they started making their own.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »

This reminds me of the time Parsifal bought a Chinese laptop. No good can come of this. 2 billion Chinese people will be watching you whilst you sleep ... and beating off.  >:(

PizzaPlanetCam