Corruption in the Pentagon

• 2 Replies

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Corruption in the Pentagon
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/22/3770149/pentagons-bosses-thwart-accurate.html

If this gets more focus, this could be another WorldCom/Arthur Anderson type scandal which could leave a lasting impression on the accounting and auditing world.

To maintain the clean audits of the DoD, two auditors were fired retroactively (I think it was more than a year retroactive) because they raised questions about the practices used by the firm auditing the agency and said they were providing substandard work.  This comes amid a report stating the is about $6 trillion which cannot be accounted for over the past decade or two.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Corruption in the Pentagon
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:08:38 PM »
I bet nothing much comes of it. All that money! All they have to do to shut any criticism down is make patriotic noises.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Re: Corruption in the Pentagon
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
They have until 2017 to have their books audited or else they face some drastic measures, including the inspector general functions transferring to Treasury.  Several congressionmen have jumped on this.  Apparently the IG that fired those two people,  Hale, has come out to say that it is unacceptable that their books haven't been able to be audited.

EDIT:  It's the DFAS functions which will transfer to the Treasury if they don't comply. Also it wasn't the IG directly who fired those two employees but rather his office which did.  The audit subject basically having the control over their audit and what it says.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:35:43 PM by DuckDodgers »
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.