On option of banning the trolls but on not banning the trolls

• 44 Replies

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
On option of banning the trolls but on not banning the trolls
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »
I'm putting this here so it's nice and official, and people can join in without having to wade through the crap in AR.

I would like to suggest that the mods reconsider the laissez-faire approach to trolling that they seem to have recently adopted.  It's not working.  In theory, it's a great idea, sure.  Just let the marketplace of ideas ensure that we maintain quality content in the forum!  The trolls go away frustrated when we refuse to bite, we're a stronger forum for it, etc.  But that's not what's happening.  Instead, the trolls are being replied to, being encouraged, being given exactly the replies they're looking for, and are continuing to spread their garbage all over the forum, ruining it for everyone.

In short, this community cannot be trusted to keep this forum from turning into little more than a joke.  We need guidance.  We need babysitting.  We need an adult to come in and turn off the hot stove that we keep touching.  Yes, it's immature and pathetic, but it's clearly the reality, and there's no point in ignoring it until this forum has been reduced to "i amm teh tipicul falt earter, sory abut my smelling" and "If evolution is real, why are there still rocks?"

Alchemist21

• tfes.org
Re: On option of banning the trolls but on not banning the trolls
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:27:14 PM »
In short, this community cannot be trusted to keep this forum from turning into little more than a joke. 

I lol'd.
tfes.org

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »
Is there something specific that you are complaining about, Saddam?  Nimp got a week of unpaid vacation, if he is whom you are referring to. 

Thork

• Please do not touch or disturb me.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »
The turning point was when I was cast assunder.

A motivated Thork would have had this forum in ship-shape.

Instead Davis waved his tiny manhood about and then went back to doing absolutely nothing.

Nothing will happen Saddam. The people with all the power over this forum have lost interest but they absolutely will not pass the society on. Its incredibly selfish.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »
Nimp got a week of unpaid vacation, if he is whom you are referring to.
Could you also contact iwanttobelieve on behalf of the Zetetic Council and assure him that IRUSHTOCVS will receive his 3 lit squares?

aslo we culd actualley deal with flippin EJ!!!111!!1!!!!!!
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
Anyone who does not believe mainstream theory and beliefs along with Saddam is a troll.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
Could you also contact iwanttobelieve on behalf of the Zetetic Council and assure him that IRUSHTOCVS will receive his 3 lit squares?

Doesnt IRUSHTOCVS already have 3 lit squares?
And Also I agree with Th*rk, when he was unjustly cast aside by Willmore.
Shows you how bad the leadership is. 

But it is still fun to read this forum and without the trolls this would be deader than the international flat earth forum.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Thork rage quit.  He did not get demoted.  Think about it, people, Thork is full of rage.   >o<

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
I'm putting this here so it's nice and official, and people can join in without having to wade through the crap in AR.

I would like to suggest that the mods reconsider the laissez-faire approach to trolling that they seem to have recently adopted.  It's not working.  In theory, it's a great idea, sure.  Just let the marketplace of ideas ensure that we maintain quality content in the forum!  The trolls go away frustrated when we refuse to bite, we're a stronger forum for it, etc.  But that's not what's happening.  Instead, the trolls are being replied to, being encouraged, being given exactly the replies they're looking for, and are continuing to spread their garbage all over the forum, ruining it for everyone.

In short, this community cannot be trusted to keep this forum from turning into little more than a joke.  We need guidance.  We need babysitting.  We need an adult to come in and turn off the hot stove that we keep touching.  Yes, it's immature and pathetic, but it's clearly the reality, and there's no point in ignoring it until this forum has been reduced to "i amm teh tipicul falt earter, sory abut my smelling" and "If evolution is real, why are there still rocks?"
Ugh this again? Saddam calm down many of he people you acuse of being trolls arent even flippin trolls

Exsqueeze? ???
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »

Ugh this again? Saddam calm down many of he people you acuse of being trolls arent even flippin trolls

Exsqueeze? ???
You tell him EJ, he's probably racist.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
hehehehehehe i am funny
lol super e hehehe lol

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
So much for this being a serious section of the fora.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »
You know what, fuck it.  At this stage, this forum deserves EJ and Nimp.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
Don't give up, Saddam. Who would champion all of these righteous causes in S&C?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »
Nimp was banned, his garbage tossed into Complete Nonsense.  EJ confines his crap almost exclusively to CN and AR; he knows where he belongs.  On those rare occasions that he bothers to post in the upper forums, I don't find anything objectionable about what he says, and he occasionally even shows flashes of intelligent, original thought.  Recently a noob who didn't know any better actually declared him more rational than the other FEers based on one of his posts.  I'm sorry, but if he doesn't break the rules, I'm not going to ban him.  It's been my rule of thumb since I first took on the mantle of moderating this forum and I don't intend to deviate now.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 04:03:32 AM »
Nimp was banned, his garbage tossed into Complete Nonsense.  EJ confines his crap almost exclusively to CN and AR; he knows where he belongs.  On those rare occasions that he bothers to post in the upper forums, I don't find anything objectionable about what he says, and he occasionally even shows flashes of intelligent, original thought.  Recently a noob who didn't know any better actually declared him more rational than the other FEers based on one of his posts.  I'm sorry, but if he doesn't break the rules, I'm not going to ban him.  It's been my rule of thumb since I first took on the mantle of moderating this forum and I don't intend to deviate now.
Okay, I'll try proving you wrong by quoting a shitton of his posts at some point.

Meanwhile, iwanttobelieve.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 06:20:52 AM »
Okay, I'll try proving you wrong by quoting a shitton of his posts at some point.
I take that back. It looks like he has indeed restrained himself to CN/AR after his last short ban.

However, iwanttobelieve.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
"In short, this community cannot be trusted to keep this forum from turning into little more than a joke."

I thought had happened years ago ?  LOL .
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »
"In short, this community cannot be trusted to keep this forum from turning into little more than a joke."

Add Googleotomy to the list.

Junker

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »

Add Googleotomy to the list.

I agree with this.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:20:21 PM »
If only we had some kind of long-standing member of this forum who had wide-spread support for becoming a moderator who could help reduce the terribleness of this forum. If only.

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »
If only we had some kind of long-standing member of this forum who had wide-spread support for becoming a moderator who could help reduce the terribleness of this forum. If only.

Are you referring to yourself...? Because nobody here would like to see you promoted to that position.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 03:20:53 AM »
What about Eddy Baby

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »

Are you referring to yourself...? Because nobody here would like to see you promoted to that position.
No, lurk moar.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »

Incorrect. Franks 2013
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
The earth is round because the space man said so.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »
Having a new mod wouldn't really help my concern in the OP - it's an issue of policy, not manpower.  It wouldn't be right for a new mod to just unilaterally ban people that the other mods won't.  That way lies Hara-dom.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »
Having a new mod wouldn't really help my concern in the OP - it's an issue of policy, not manpower.  It wouldn't be right for a new mod to just unilaterally ban people that the other mods won't.  That way lies Hara-dom.
tbh, half of our mods are Roundy. Some manpower would help.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 11:46:44 PM »
We have mods?