Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, Degenerate

• 17 Replies

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, Degenerate
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »
The mayor of the fine city of Toronto has been embroiled in scandal for the last year or so. A blogger reported that he had seen a video of Rob Ford smoking crack, and this was later corroborated by the Toronto Star. The mayor was naturally outraged and denied the existence of such a video. After a successful kickstarter to raise the $200,000 price tag the drug dealer named to sell the video, the offer was retracted for no particular reason. Fast on the heels of this was a police raid of the dealer's high rise tower; the murder of two of the drug dealers associates who also had their photo taken with Mayor Ford; the arrest of Ford's friend on extortion charges related to the video and a news story about Ford's brother's history as a hash dealer. Already enough to make this mayor of questionable character no?  But wait there's more...

Fast forward to last week. Our police chief holds a press conference where it is announced that a deleted video was recovered from the drug dealer's hard drive; a video that matches the description of the mayor smoking crack. It is impossible to say the mayor was smoking crack specifically, so no charges can be laid, but the chief says that as a citizen he is, "very disappointed". The Mayor goes in to high alert, his camp lashes out at the police for convicting him in the court of public opinion, he refuses to comment on the video until it is released, he says he will carry on business as usual. Torontonians are apoplectic. Calls for him to resign are everywhere. The Mayor , on his weekly radio talk show, makes a general apology and says perhaps he should not have come to not one but two prominent street festival "blotto" as he put it. It does not help. People are even more convinced of his incompetency.

Which brings us to today. The Mayor is scheduled for a press conference and at this press conference he admits to smoking crack cocaine. He says that he probably did it  "in one of his drunken stupors". Despite this action, and all the lies surrounding it, he still thinks he is fit to run the city.

Basically Toronto is fucked. 
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, Degenerate
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:36:23 PM »
After a successful kickstarter to raise the $200,000 price tag the drug dealer named to sell the video

I don't know what's more baffling; the fact that the dealer had the balls to demand such a ridiculous price, or the fact that the locals were actually willing to pay it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:42:36 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
Seems like a small price to expose such a dick head mayor as a crack head.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:13:28 AM »

Sounds like you have little confidence in your city if one crooked mayor can ruin a whole city.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:02:17 AM »

Sounds like you have little confidence in your city if one crooked mayor can ruin a whole city.

I never said ruin, I meant fucked as in terribly dysfunctional; specifically referring to the body  politic. It makes tackling the important issues in the city extremely difficult and we were not famous for consensus making before.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:44:18 AM »
Is it true that his approval rating went up after all this came out?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 10:35:20 AM »
It's stayed level amazingly.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 04:44:16 PM »
From www.nationalpost.com

Ford then said he never said “I want to eat your pussy” to a former female staffer, an allegation contained in the court document.

“I’m happily married, I have more than enough to eat at home,” he said, drawing gasps from the reporters gathered around his office.

Wow!

EnigmaZV

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 05:17:29 PM »
From www.nationalpost.com

Ford then said he never said “I want to eat your pussy” to a former female staffer, an allegation contained in the court document.

“I’m happily married, I have more than enough to eat at home,” he said, drawing gasps from the reporters gathered around his office.

Wow!

Ha!
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Alchemist21

• tfes.org
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
That's my mayor!
tfes.org

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »

EnigmaZV

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »
Has anybody looked into previous interviews with him to see what his thoughts are about dealing with the drug problems in Toronto?

Also, he only does cocaine when drunk, so it doesn't count.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 10:14:15 PM »
Rob maintains that he continues to have zero tolerance for the use of illegal drugs.

No I'm not kidding.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »
I heard about that statement he made.  The talk show I listen to in the morning joked that his stance changes whenever he drinks.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rooster

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »
Has anyone seen the Chris Varley mashup? Hilarious.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Mayor Rob Ford knocks over Councillor during November 18 motion of debate

He's the gift that keeps on giving...

Before council voted to reduce his office budget to basically nil, he addressed them. He brought up the warning that H. W. Bush gave to Iraq before it invaded Kuwait and said that if council voted to strip his budget, they would be "attacking Kuwait".

He's on Anderson Cooper tonight. Happy watching.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »
Dammit, Canada. Why do other countries get all of the interesting politicians? Ours just cheat on their wives with teenage boys.