A boat with a gyroscope experiment.

• 14 Replies
A boat with a gyroscope experiment.
« on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:42 PM »
Dear all,
I am looking to different experiment ideas to prove the FE theory. I discussed yesterday the laser experiment, today I am thinking of having a boat (any boat, even a small unmanned autonomous solar powered boat) with a gyroscope, if we say the gyroscope is a 3 axis, x,y,z, then the z axis should not change too much if the boat goes from say California to Hawaii for example. Taking into effect the gyroscope error which happens in the 3 axis can be calculated.
Maged
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:38:17 PM by mnofal »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: A boat with a gyroscope experiment.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:44:42 PM »
Gyroscopic effect is not being disputed by either side.  What would this prove?

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »

if the gyroscope had no deflection along its axis (or stayed parallel to the boat floor) then the trip would have been flat, if it rotates the trip would have taken a curved path

unless ive got this wrong..

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 03:11:34 AM »
Yes, exactly like what Mike is trying to explain here below.

if the gyroscope had no deflection along its axis (or stayed parallel to the boat floor) then the trip would have been flat, if it rotates in the z axis the trip would have had to have been along a curved surface, ie round earth

unless ive got this wrong..

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:01:48 AM »
Dear all,
I am looking to different experiment ideas to prove the FE theory. I discussed yesterday the laser experiment, today I am thinking of having a boat (any boat, even a small unmanned autonomous solar powered boat) with a gyroscope, if we say the gyroscope is a 3 axis, x,y,z, then the z axis should not change too much if the boat goes from say California to Hawaii for example. Taking into effect the gyroscope error which happens in the 3 axis can be calculated.
Maged

Please let me know when you've got the gyroscope. Send me a PM. Ty.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »
I eagerly await the results of this experiment. Please post back when you have completed it.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »
Even much simpler, a man traveling in a long range boat trip, and using his mobile or any tiny gyroscope like those sold for small robotics, rc plane stuff can measure the variation along the Z axis from start to end of the trip.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »
Perhaps I don't understand gyroscopes enough, but is the Z-axis in line with the gravitational pull?  When you start going around the curve of the Earth the Z-axis is just gonna match the pull of gravity. Nothing will change. 

I agree with Jroa that there is nothing in the experiment to produce evidence for either side.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 03:24:32 AM »
Perhaps I don't understand gyroscopes enough, but is the Z-axis in line with the gravitational pull?  When you start going around the curve of the Earth the Z-axis is just gonna match the pull of gravity. Nothing will change. 

I agree with Jroa that there is nothing in the experiment to produce evidence for either side.

Let's imagine to be on a ship. We can draw three axes: a fore and aft axis, or if you prefer a prow-to-stern axis; let's name this the X axis (but letters don't matter too much);

a port-to-starboard or a left-right axis, let's name this the Y axis;

a vertical axis, let's name it the Z axis.

Now please let's distinguish the difference between rotate around an axis and changing direction of an axis. Here i am speaking about rotating around an axis.

First case: rotation around the X (prow-stern) axis: irrelevant because it depends from the rolling of the ship, and ships can roll in a flat earth and in a round one either;

Second case: rotation around the Z (upper-down) axis: irrelevant because it depends from the ship turning left or right, and ships can turn on flat earth and round either;

Third case: rotation around the Y (left-right) axis: relevant because on a flat earth it can't change (trip always planar), while on a spherical earth it surely changes (it has to be a rather long trip though).

AFAIK there is a similar orientation system based on gyroscopes on the planes.

EDIT: maybe the words rolling and roll aren't the right ones, perhaps i should have written tilting and tilt, but you got the picture.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:38:29 AM by Salviati »
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
Third case: rotation around the Y (left-right) axis: relevant because on a flat earth it can't change (trip always planar), while on a spherical earth it surely changes (it has to be a rather long trip though).

Why does it surely change? Is it not possible to travel in a straight line on a sphere?  ???

If your path ends up curving, that just means that you did not plan your trip very well.

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »

Why does it surely change? Is it not possible to travel in a straight line on a sphere?  ???

If your path ends up curving, that just means that you did not plan your trip very well.
From an extern reference frame there aren't straight lines on a sphere, only arcs of big circle.

The second sentence you wrote doesn't make any sense.
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 12:38:58 PM »

From an extern reference frame there aren't straight lines on a sphere, only arcs of big circle.

Irrelevant. If I were to travel from the South Pole to the North Pole along a line of latitude I could do so without my path changing along the X-Axis (right/left)

If your path ends up curving, that means that you choose a path that was already going to curve, and you need to plot your expeditions better.

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
Irrelevant. If I were to travel from the South Pole to the North Pole along a line of latitude I could do so without my path changing along the X-Axis (right/left)

If your path ends up curving, that means that you choose a path that was already going to curve, and you need to plot your expeditions better.

Sure, but one of the three will still be changing on a round earth

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »

Congrats, you have determined that the XY axis of the gyroscope is irrelevant, as it is not guaranteed to trigger any change.

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »

Congrats, you have determined that the XY axis of the gyroscope is irrelevant, as it is not guaranteed to trigger any change.

I never said they were relevant lol