Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: NEW POV Stratos video
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 03:31:32 PM »
Looks flat to me.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »
Well, I must say that is a much better video than the original.  The only thing I see that looks fake is the exaggerated curvature of the Earth.  I just don't understand why they feel they need to distort their videos like that. 

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »
I just don't understand why they feel they need to distort their videos like that.
They use those lenses to film a wider field of view, thus capturing more of what is going on.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
Nice finding RR. Thanks. Did you see how his G-Force meter went mad when he spun out of control at around 1:00 mark?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »
Do you think you see more like that?  Because I don't.  I would prefer the camera show a more realistic view.  I don't like camera tricks.  Also, I'm a little curious why it took a year to release this.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 08:18:02 AM »
Do you think you see more like that?  Because I don't.  I would prefer the camera show a more realistic view.  I don't like camera tricks.  Also, I'm a little curious why it took a year to release this.

Normal wide lenses don't give you almost 180° of field of view. Fish eye lenses do at the expense of distorted pictures.
I think, therefore I am

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:47 AM »
That wind is amazing in this so called vacuum, I must say. Not to mention seeing a full so called circle at supposedly 20 odd mile about the same as the supposed view of it by the fake ISS at allegedly 220 miles.
What an absolute crock of sh.....

What's the matter with you roundies? Do you not have any ability at all to see bull crap when it's smacking you hard in the face, or what?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »
That wind is amazing in this so called vacuum, I must say. Not to mention seeing a full so called circle at supposedly 20 odd mile about the same as the supposed view of it by the fake ISS at allegedly 220 miles.

What's the matter with you roundies? Do you not have any ability at all to see bull crap when it's smacking you hard in the face, or what?

He was not in a vacuum and this was obviously shot with a fish eye lens.  Calm your nerves.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
Do you think you see more like that?  Because I don't. 
Wide angle vs fisheye.  You see more.
http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/fisheye-lenses-underwater

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »

My goodness, Sceptimatic, the video was shot in the Stratosphere! There is plenty of atmosphere up there, it is not a vacuum at all. How could you post your comment without checking this?

And with regards to your comment that "seeing a full so called circle at supposedly 20 odd mile about the same as the supposed view of it by the fake ISS at allegedly 220 miles."

How do you justify the usage of "about the same?" How different should it be? Are you just guessing? Here is what you do. Assume RET for the moment. Scale the Earth down to the size of a beachball. Now scale down 20 miles and 220 miles accordingly. Now stand at those two scaled distances away from the beachball and look at it. Is the view the same? How different is it? What do you conclude? How would this be different if the Earth was flat? Do it again with a flat book-cover and find out.

These are ways that you identify bull-crap. Blindly guessing, and not checking statements, is not one of them. That is, in fact, how bull-crap is invented.

If I wanted to fake ISS photos/video, it would be a simple matter to ensure the scales were correct, so that I was showing a correct view of the Earth from the supposed altitude I was claiming it to be. It is hard to believe that any elite group of conspirators would be stupid enough to ignore this.

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »
You're right, you do see more!  :)  But it's still not realistic so I'm sticking with my perception of reality.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
Interesting that there is an obvious lack of the spotlight version of day and night on the earth that fe requires

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
Ok, I just noticed something in that video.  Someone explain this....
At the very beginning on the top view (largest window), the light goes behind one of the arms of the capsule.  Is that the sun?  If so, how can it completely disappear at 0:05 seconds?  Pause it.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
You may have noticed the screen in the bottom left appears to be the reverse angle of the upper left and the sun is almost continually in view.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »
Two more things....
Why isn't the capsule visible (right after he jumps) in the lower left window?  It even appears as if he jumps off a secured platform....no sway or movement seen.
The sun didn't burn a hole through that THIN plastic balloon?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:52:26 PM by EarthIsASpaceship »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »
It is. You seen the sun, a large glowing orb, and the capsule a white disc in the image.

Why should the sun burn a hole in the balloon. The intensity of the sun would not be much greater at that altitude. It is 93,000,000kms away and he only went 100kms closer to the sun.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
The balloon is visible but not the silver capsule.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »
Is it not fair to assume that the capsule is obscured by the silhouette of the much larger balloon?

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 07:28:03 PM »
Ok, I just noticed something in that video.  Someone explain this....
At the very beginning on the top view (largest window), the light goes behind one of the arms of the capsule.  Is that the sun?  If so, how can it completely disappear at 0:05 seconds?  Pause it.

Yes this is...a little strange. My first thought is that it is like holding out your thumb and covering the whole Sun with it. Basically, if you hold your thumb close enough to your face, you can cover up even large objects from view. And the farther away (smaller) an object is, the farther away from your face you can hold out your thumb and still cover it. In this analogy, your thumb is the capsule arm.

What also stuck me, is how different the Sun looked from what I am used to seeing.

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
i thought it was just cool

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »
What also stuck me, is how different the Sun looked from what I am used to seeing.

Do you mean the black sky in the background?
I think, therefore I am

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:04 AM »

There's not as much air, dust and whatever else at that altitude to scatter the light and create the familiar blue sky that we are used to, so the sky just looks black.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 05:28:28 AM »

There's not as much air, dust and whatever else at that altitude to scatter the light and create the familiar blue sky that we are used to, so the sky just looks black.
It still should not make the sun look like a big yellow star shape though, should it. A spot light in an atmosphere would do though. You know, inside a stage set with a nice fan of wind and what not.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 05:36:44 AM »
The sun looks like that because of lens glare. It's pretty common in photography.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 06:05:53 AM »
The sun looks like that because of lens glare. It's pretty common in photography.
What's causing this lens glare and how can a video cam look directly at the sun and not be fully overcome by being washed right out by the suns light?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 06:18:45 AM »
It's just improperly focused light that causes lens flare (I wrote glare earlier, should have been flare). People take pictures of the sun all the time and it does not blow out the image. Is there a reason why you think this is a special case?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 08:10:18 AM »
I like how he effortlessly moves his arms while going 2 or 3 hundred miles an hour. I also like how the earth's curve goes from convex to concave with the movement of camera angle.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
I like how he effortlessly moves his arms while going 2 or 3 hundred miles an hour. I also like how the earth's curve goes from convex to concave with the movement of camera angle.

Doesn't seem very effortless to me.

And... by now you should understand the nature of fish-eye lenses.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 08:18:02 AM »

Doesn't seem very effortless to me.

And... by now you should understand the nature of fish-eye lenses.
Effortlessly, don't forget the atmosphere is enough drag to heat up the heat shields on space ships. Enough to burn up the crafts unless they had the shields.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth