Can we stop all this ignorance please?

• 85 Replies

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
Re: Can we stop all this ignorance please?
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 08:00:29 PM »
C'mon PP, not in the upper, please.
Sorry; but seriously, can we have a rule where the next person to try and be smart about the meaning of the word "smart" gets tortured for all eternity?

It's round as in circular.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/round+shape
Sir, your argument has been brought to our attention before a multiple of times, and is viewed as a faux pas in this community.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 07:22:01 AM »
Oh will this ever end? (sigh)  ::)  This is why we stop responding...it's exhausting going over this stuff over and over again.  In fact, I'm not going to respond to all that.  I'm going to show you in a video or diagram instead. You're going to feel so dumb after you see it.  I feel embarrassed for you already.  And it's FARTHER, not "further".

It's exhausting because I think you know what we are saying is correct, but for whatever reason you won't concede.

fur·ther adverb \ˈfər-thər\
: to or at a more distant place or time

: to a greater degree or extent

: in addition to what has been said

That's great though, that instead of attempting to address anything I write, you focus on the semantics.  The dictionary seems to indicate either word is acceptable, so yeah, good luck the next time you try to be a smart-ass without even thinking about having a quick look yourself.

I suppose I can't expect much from someone who believes the earth is flat.

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »
Sir, your argument has been brought to our attention before a multiple of times, and is viewed as a faux pas in this community.
Are you kidding me?!  You have a picture of the flat ROUND/CIRCULAR Earth on this very site!  Do you not realize I am a Flat Earther?  "Sphere" is what the REs need to be saying, not ROUND.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:24:50 AM by EarthIsASpaceship »

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 01:32:50 PM »
Are you kidding me?!  You have a picture of the flat ROUND/CIRCULAR Earth on this very site!  Do you not realize I am a Flat Earther?  "Sphere" is what the REs need to be saying, not ROUND.

I agree, and hence "disk" or "plane" is what we need to be saying, as many things are flat: like the top of a cylinder.

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
Wait… If space travel is faked, then how does my GPS work?
If the Earth is flat, how can I move in one direction, and yet come back to where I started?
If I am simply traveling in a circle on a flat earth, the what are Earth's dimensions?
Is it infinite? Does it have an edge? 
Is ALL of space travel, including all of NASA, most of astronomy, space sattelites, all our data on other planets, Google's sattelite view, and, well, all of that, FAKED?

I find this implausible.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2013, 03:38:01 AM »
Wait… If space travel is faked, then how does my GPS work? The fet explanation is towers on earth but that doesn't explain them working in a valley or city and requires an extra large conspriacy
If the Earth is flat, how can I move in one direction, and yet come back to where I started? According to them people who go around the world are not travelling in the same direction.
If I am simply traveling in a circle on a flat earth, the what are Earth's dimensions?
Is it infinite? Does it have an edge?  Some say it's finite, others infinite.
Is ALL of space travel, including all of NASA, most of astronomy, space sattelites, all our data on other planets, Google's sattelite view, and, well, all of that, FAKED? To them yes.

I find this implausible.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2013, 03:50:48 AM »
Wait… If space travel is faked, then how does my GPS work? The fet explanation is towers on earth but that doesn't explain them working in a valley or city and requires an extra large conspriacy

GPS often does not work in valleys or around tall building.  If you are in a deep valley or in a large city and have a GPS signal, chances are you also have a cell phone signal, which means that antennas are near by.

If the Earth is flat, how can I move in one direction, and yet come back to where I started? According to them people who go around the world are not travelling in the same direction.

This is true.  You can go in circle on a flat Earth and end up back where you started.

I believe that it likely has a edge.

Is ALL of space travel, including all of NASA, most of astronomy, space satellites, all our data on other planets, Google's satellite view, and, well, all of that, FAKED? To them yes.

Google Earth is photographed using aircrafts.  Google has even admitted to this.

I find this implausible.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2013, 04:04:37 AM »
It usually works for me in the city or in valleys. Anyway this requires extra conspiracy in the form of people setting up transmitters for GPS while pretending their from satellites.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2013, 04:12:22 AM »
If your phone works in that valley, then there is an antenna within line of site from you. 

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2013, 06:16:02 AM »
Actually some phones connect to satellites.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »
Really?  Thank you, captain obvious. 

Now, why don't you try to address the Google Earth issue or something, instead of just making low content posts.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2013, 06:59:39 AM »
And they never noticed any anomalies even at the South Pole.

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »

GPS often does not work in valleys or around tall building.  If you are in a deep valley or in a large city and have a GPS signal, chances are you also have a cell phone signal, which means that antennas are near by.

This is true.  You can go in circle on a flat Earth and end up back where you started.

I believe that it likely has a edge.

Is ALL of space travel, including all of NASA, most of astronomy, space satellites, all our data on other planets, Google's satellite view, and, well, all of that, FAKED? To them yes.

Google Earth is photographed using aircrafts.  Google has even admitted to this.

I find this implausible.

Hold one one second, do you know how GPS works? It only works when we factor in einsteins theory of special relativity. You receive a time stamp from a satellite. Your position is not sent to you, your position is calculated based on the time difference between 4 or more satellites (more = more accuracy). You can receive this information yourself and do the calculation yourself as all of the calculation is done by triangulation after the timestamps are received.

You should try this yourself, its not expensive you could take apart an old smart phone and use the GPS receiver to get the data yourself and triangulate your own position. This would not require an expedition to the north pole to disprove your fantasies.

You need at least 4 satellites to triangulate your position on a globe, you would only need 3 on a flat earth.

Google earth is ALSO photographed by plane. not entirely.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:42:22 PM by youkandewitt »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
I own a GPS navigator.  I know they work.  I don't know why you feel the need to regurgitate a bunch of irrelevant information.  Perhaps you are just trying to make yourself look or feel smart.   :-\

The OP was questioning where the signal is coming from if it is not coming from outer space.  You obviously have some reading comprehension problems. 

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2013, 09:36:22 PM »
I own a GPS navigator.  I know they work.  I don't know why you feel the need to regurgitate a bunch of irrelevant information.  Perhaps you are just trying to make yourself look or feel smart.   :-\

The OP was questioning where the signal is coming from if it is not coming from outer space.  You obviously have some reading comprehension problems.

Let us assume the signals do not come from space. Do you have an idea of where they might come from instead, or how they triangulate the signal? Maybe this approach may help develop the topic (I dunno, just a thought)?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »
Ground based transmitters are most likely used around land.  This may also be in combination with very high altitude balloons and possibly aircraft, as well.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 02:57:09 AM »
That would require a very large number, would be very expensive and dramatically increase the number of people involved in the conspiracy.

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »

You dont have a clue how GPS works, you are claiming that it is sent via the cell tower. You are just wrong as usual.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 06:10:49 AM »
Let us assume the signals do not come from space. Do you have an idea of where they might come from instead, or how they triangulate the signal? Maybe this approach may help develop the topic (I dunno, just a thought)?
Just as an FYI, GSM cell phones can use signal strength and cell tower location information for basic positioning functionality.  Same general idea as GPS with no satellites involved.
http://hackaday.com/2011/03/10/thursday-gsm-tracking-without-gps/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »
Ground based transmitters are most likely used around land.  This may also be in combination with very high altitude balloons and possibly aircraft, as well.

If the earth is flat, then you can accurately calculate your position at sea level with only 3 transmitters.

Like i said, if you are so clever you should try some of these things yourself. It's called experimentation, if you truly have a theory then you need to test it not just pontificate about it.

All you do is suggest ridiculous explanations for observable phenomenon that have already been dis-proven by people that came long before you (but were obviously well ahead of you).

It's not a theory, it's an hypothesis and a bad one at that.

As usual, you will dodge the part that requires you do any actual experimentation or calculations.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
What experiments are you talking about?  I already said that I believe that GPSs work.  I don't need to prove this to myself.  I have used them for close to 20 years.  Yes, they work.  What experiments can I do that prove the signal is coming from space, though?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »

Some Flat Earther has said "There is no Flat Earth Map". Sphere is just what most RE's say. If FE's don't even have a map how can you even present any evidence of a Flat Earth ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »
What experiments are you talking about?  I already said that I believe that GPSs work.  I don't need to prove this to myself.  I have used them for close to 20 years.  Yes, they work.  What experiments can I do that prove the signal is coming from space, though?

If the earth is flat, then you can accurately calculate your position at sea level anywhere with only 3 transmitters.

As usual, you will dodge the part that requires you do any actual experimentation or calculations.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2013, 12:43:54 PM »

If the earth is flat, then you can accurately calculate your position at sea level anywhere with only 3 transmitters.

Just FWIW, here is a good explanation on how GPS works.:
http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=55
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Nimp

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Krauss like most scientists is an asshole.

"HURR U ALL BELIEVE IN MAGIK SKY-PIXIE LOL PWNED THEISTS"

Maybe he's vying to becomee the next atheist pope when Dawkins ascends.

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:44 AM »
What experiments can I do that prove the signal is coming from space, though?

Directionality of signals can be discerned with for example directional antennas. But much better, using a sensor/antenna array. Within this array, every receiver is omnidirectional, i.e. receives all signals coming from every side. By applying a very specific and VERY precise pattern of time-delays between the signals received, you are able to form a 'beam', a specific direction from which the signals are amplified while other directions cancel out.

I have been very lucky to, about two years ago, have the opportunity to work with a small array of antennas similar to the LOFAR project in Europe. We used these antennas to track weather satellites (primarily NOAA satellites) passing overhead and even downloading the data they collected (which they continually transmit towards earth). I will probably detail this project more in a future post, but in short, I saw satellites moving overhead and sending data to earth...they exist....

Google LOFAR and see for yourself how this stuff works