Can anyone answer this question.

• 908 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Can anyone answer this question.
« Reply #870 on: November 29, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »
What I'm basically saying to you all, is...you are using maths to calculate something that cannot be calculated.
I'll give you a clear example.

Flat earth calculates the sun to be at 3000 miles and 32 miles in diameter and you round earth crew go on the official calculations of the sun being 93 million miles distance and roughly 1,400,000 km in diameter.
Both of the calculations add up, which is my point.
It's not about being wrong about adding it all up, it's about the maths being pointless to get any accurate reading without any real reference points, except the ones that decided as reference points.

Someone is seriously out in their calculations. Is it you or is it the flat earth, OR, are you both totally wrong?
This is the point I'm making and is the reason why I won't entertain maths for something that cannot be calculated. It's a pointless exercise, except to brain challenge people with hypothetical stuff.

I could sit there and go through my theory and give out the distance of the dome at it's highest point and what not...but if I did, I'd be blatantly making it up, as you all know, because to measure it, means to ACTUALLY measure it.

You are fine measuring stuff on earth because you have legitimate reference points that CAN be verified.

The 3000 mile altitude does not add up.  It has been illustrated elsewhere on this forum.  You only get an altitude of 3000 miles for the sun when you are at a specific latitude.  If you try the same calculation at different latitudes, you get different altitudes.  So either there is some undetectable effect that causes the sun to be at different altitudes but appear at the same altitude or the theory is wrong.  I would tend towards the latter.
Of course you would, because your mind is fully focused on what you are told is correct and nothing will sway you.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #871 on: November 29, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »
Of course you would think that I think that just because I am so focused on what I am told is correct.  You are so focused on being different that nothing will sway you.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #872 on: November 29, 2013, 09:12:23 AM »
Of course you would think that I think that just because I am so focused on what I am told is correct.  You are so focused on being different that nothing will sway you.
I can be swayed. I used to believe the rotating globe, it even made sense when I simply looked at it from a leisurely point of view. Then I looked deeper and decided that  it wasn't spinning, it was a stationary globe. So I was swayed there.
Then I looked at the flat earth and I was swayed by an infinite earth, then I looked at a disc and then many other things that I've since changed my stance on.

One thing I'm not...is closed off to theories. It just happens that the one I'm with, I believe is much much closer to the actual truth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #874 on: November 29, 2013, 10:27:40 AM »
I can be swayed.
Let's see. 

Why in the hell does day turn into night?

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Chris Hadfield Launches to Space
Your answer?
I haven't a clue what you are trying to say. Mostly, all you do is go round about in your ways, instead of being straight to a point.

« Reply #875 on: November 29, 2013, 11:47:32 AM »
I can be swayed.
Let's see. 

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Chris Hadfield Launches to Space
Your answer?
I haven't a clue what you are trying to say. Mostly, all you do is go round about in your ways, instead of being straight to a point.
Why does the sky suddenly become dark in that video? 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #876 on: November 29, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »
I can be swayed.
Let's see. 

Your answer?
Why does the sky suddenly become dark in that video?
Because it's a fake rocket launch.

« Reply #877 on: November 29, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
So you are lying when you say you can be swayed.  It's been explained several times what camera exposure does.  You refuse to acknowledge it. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #878 on: November 29, 2013, 12:18:07 PM »
So you are lying when you say you can be swayed.  It's been explained several times what camera exposure does.  You refuse to acknowledge it.
Camera exposure my aris. It's a fake launch. You know it and so do others. I don't need to lie about it.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #879 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
Please show proof of it being a fake launch.  Otherwise this claim is unfounded as the video clearly shows that a rocket was launched.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #880 on: November 29, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
Please show proof of it being a fake launch.  Otherwise this claim is unfounded as the video clearly shows that a rocket was launched.
The video also showed the shuttle launches in Armageddon, so I suppose they were real too?
The video clearly shows what can only be described as a model mock up with CGI. It's like some kind of Thunderbird effigy.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #881 on: November 29, 2013, 12:26:54 PM »
No one is claiming armageddon to be true.  We are talking about this video that was posted.
Please provide proof that this is fake.

Tell me why a camera that is adjusting its exposure wouldn't cause a blue sky to appear black in the presence of a much brighter object.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #882 on: November 29, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »
No one is claiming armageddon to be true.  We are talking about this video that was posted.

Tell me why a camera that is adjusting its exposure wouldn't cause a blue sky to appear black in the presence of a much brighter object.
If it's going to go black, then it should stay black, but it does not.
I guarantee you right now that anyone that's not pushing a round earth on this site, 90% of them would say that this rocket launch is a fake and a model, I guarantee you.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #883 on: November 29, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
They would not say it because the sky darkens and then lightens. That is a very well-understood phenomena that happens in my phone camera.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #884 on: November 29, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »

Why would it stay black, please explain.

Preferably in childlike terms.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

?

BJ1234

« Reply #885 on: November 29, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

I guarantee you right now that anyone that's not pushing a round earth on this site, 90% of them would say that this rocket launch is a fake and a model, I guarantee you.

Why would it stay black?  When the rocket takes off, it is maybe 50 feet from the camera.  through out the video, the rocket is getting further away.  As it does, it also gets dimmer due to the inverse square law.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #886 on: November 29, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
They would not say it because the sky darkens and then lightens. That is a very well-understood phenomena that happens in my phone camera.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It just wouldn't happen on those rocket launches and if it did, it would be constant.
Also, if it goes black, it goes black. It doesn't show up a clear rocket like you see in many fake videos.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #887 on: November 29, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »

Why would it stay black?  When the rocket takes off, it is maybe 50 feet from the camera.  through out the video, the rocket is getting further away.  As it does, it also gets dimmer due to the inverse square law.
When the rocket takes off it's maybe 50 feet from the camera. Are you kidding me, or what?

50 feet from the camera on a supposed huge rocket to space launch. Have a word will you.

« Reply #888 on: November 29, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
Scepti, you've got nothing here.

Get a hold of a video camera and operate one for the first time in your life, experimenting with bright objects, and then get back to us.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #889 on: November 29, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »
I'd be blatantly making it up

It didn't stop you from blatantly making up the ice dome, the sun at the center of the earth surrounded by volcanoes and ice that no man can get close to. So on and so forth.

But measuring the distance to the ice dome...........THAT would be crazy.
You can't measure something that you can't get to.
Actually, you can.  For example, you can measure the height of an unclimbable mountain by using triangulation.  In the same way, you can measure the distance to the sun, or ice dome, or anything else that you can see from two different known locations.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #890 on: November 29, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It just wouldn't happen on those rocket launches and if it did, it would be constant.
Also, if it goes black, it goes black. It doesn't show up a clear rocket like you see in many fake videos.
Some of the comments I received from not one but several persons was that it was curious that flat earthers are using physics in developing this website but that they discount all the laws of physics as "just numbers made up by scientists." Also it would seem if they have a Personal Computer they would probably also have the latest in cameras and would observe the effects of the automatic exposure control as has been mentioned. LOL.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #891 on: November 29, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
Also it would seem if they have a Personal Computer they would probably also have the latest in cameras and would observe the effects of the automatic exposure control as has been mentioned. LOL.
I have yet to see evidence of any FE'r here that understands photography, but I'm sure a few have at least used video cameras or digital cameras and have noticed the exposure changing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #892 on: November 30, 2013, 04:32:45 AM »
Some of the comments I received from not one but several persons was that it was curious that flat earthers are using physics in developing this website but that they discount all the laws of physics as "just numbers made up by scientists." Also it would seem if they have a Personal Computer they would probably also have the latest in cameras and would observe the effects of the automatic exposure control as has been mentioned. LOL.
Basically a lot of what we have been forced to believe are just scientific fabrication when it comes down to the likes of gravity and stuff like that, especially so called space.
We are just told to accept the miracles of science and yet it's all cloaked in secrecy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #893 on: November 30, 2013, 04:34:26 AM »
Also it would seem if they have a Personal Computer they would probably also have the latest in cameras and would observe the effects of the automatic exposure control as has been mentioned. LOL.
I have yet to see evidence of any FE'r here that understands photography, but I'm sure a few have at least used video cameras or digital cameras and have noticed the exposure changing.
Well! not everyone can be a worldwide renowned know all there is to know about photography and video, like yourself.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #894 on: November 30, 2013, 05:06:44 AM »
Well! not everyone can be a worldwide renowned know all there is to know about photography and video, like yourself.
No, but most people have the common sense to not argue against knowledge they don't understand without first learning something about that.  If you have no clue how a camera works, or even the basic principles behind it, don't go on about how something should happen in the video.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #895 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:20 AM »
No, but most people have the common sense to not argue against knowledge they don't understand without first learning something about that.  If you have no clue how a camera works, or even the basic principles behind it, don't go on about how something should happen in the video.
I'm going on the video being a fake. A model rocket with CGI and such like. I'm not questioning a real life camera or video shot. Stop going into paid shill defence mode, it doesn't have any bearing on what I think.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #896 on: November 30, 2013, 06:19:13 AM »
But you don't understand CGI either. Why are you arguing about that?

« Reply #897 on: November 30, 2013, 08:24:25 AM »

It didn't stop you from blatantly making up the ice dome, the sun at the center of the earth surrounded by volcanoes and ice that no man can get close to. So on and so forth.

So you don't believe triangulation is possible?

it's not possible to work out one side of a triangle if you know another side and the opposite corner?

Ignore distances to anything for a second and imagine it's an object on earth you want to know the height of, say a telephone pole. That can't be done without climbing it or throwing a measuring stick up it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #898 on: November 30, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »

it's not possible to work out one side of a triangle if you know another side and the opposite corner?

Ignore distances to anything for a second and imagine it's an object on earth you want to know the height of, say a telephone pole. That can't be done without climbing it or throwing a measuring stick up it?
I'm not talking about earth, I'm talking about space when this stuff is being put forward.

« Reply #899 on: November 30, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »

I'm not talking about earth, I'm talking about space when this stuff is being put forward.

So to clarify. You believe it's possible to measure something on or relatively near earth without physically getting to it first but you DON'T believe it's possible to do the same with objects if they are in space?

I only ask because if it won't help matters I'm not even going to contemplate videoing myself triangulating a telephone pole before I measure the height.