Can anyone answer this question.

• 908 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Can anyone answer this question.
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »
Let me help you understand it like this. When the big bang happened space and time began to exist. Before this, there was no space and there was no time. It is theorized that space has a boundary. Before this there was nothing. The space between here and Mars for instance is not that same concept.
Trying to make me understand something like that is incredible, it really is. Why in the hell do you follow this?
The big bang started from nothing, basically. That's what you are implying. Come on, you're smarter than that. What the hell have they done to you people? Have they plugged your heads into the national grid or something?

I'm not implying I know what happened in the first moments of the big bang. I'm just trying to help you understand the difference between nothing and space because they are not the same thing.
And I'm trying to help you understand that no matter means no existence.

Are you talking about life? Cause if you are then this statement is true but what we have been talking about is your problem with space when you say it is nothing. It isn't.

As far as light propagating through space, we've been through that too. Light is not like sound. Light doesn't need a medium because it is both a particle and a wave and because it goes at the speed of light, it doesn't experience time. Light is essentially a timeless time traveler.
Light is the end product of sound. light is caused by friction, vibration, frequency. Think carefully about anything on earth that produces light and you will see that it's all created by sound.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »
Why can't you ever explain anything other than to say "think carefully and you will see". Imagine if that's how education worked. No real explanations, just "think carefully and you will see" footnoted on the bottom of every page of every text book.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
Light is the end product of sound. It cannot propagate unless it has matter to do so, it's impossible and should be logical to comprehend that.

So why can I see something happen in the distance, and not hear it until several seconds have passed?

Remember, light travels faster than sound so you see the light before you hear it.  The light didn't create the sound.  The SOUND created the light.

Again, how is light the end product of sound when light travels much faster?
You answered your own question.

To know the answer to this, just think about that lightning strike.

To YOU, the sound comes later. In the cloud, the sound creates the lightning and because you are already looking and focused , you see it, then your primitive ears catch the vibration of it.

Does this explain it?

So we can agree then that light and sound are completely different and travel by completely different means.
They are exactly the same thing. Light is sound, it's the end product of sound.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »
Why can't you ever explain anything other than to say "think carefully and you will see". Imagine if that's how education worked. No real explanations, just "think carefully and you will see" footnoted on the bottom of every page of every text book.
It requires people to think carefully. Try and think outside of the indoctrinated box and you can see that I'm correct.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »
Think carefully about anything on earth that produces light and you will see that it's all created by sound.
Correlation does not imply causation.  Just because things that make light also make sound, that does not necessarily mean that sound causes light.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2013, 10:47:29 AM »
Light is the end product of sound. It cannot propagate unless it has matter to do so, it's impossible and should be logical to comprehend that.

So why can I see something happen in the distance, and not hear it until several seconds have passed?

Remember, light travels faster than sound so you see the light before you hear it.  The light didn't create the sound.  The SOUND created the light.

My LED torch produces light without sound. How can that be possible?
Your ears are not conditioned to hear the sound, that's all.

Forget our ears, Microphones should be able to pick up the wave form of light if it is indeed a form of sound.

Light and Sound are not inherently causally linked. Light can be produced without sound, and sound can be produced without light. Light propagates where Sound cannot, and Sound propagates through materials that block or reflect light.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »
Think carefully about anything on earth that produces light and you will see that it's all created by sound.
Correlation does not imply causation.  Just because things that make light also make sound, that does not necessarily mean that sound causes light.
Yes it does.
You're a sensible person, have a really good ponder over it. You don't have to agree with me in the forum, just really scrutinise everything about sound/ (vibration/friction), and frequency and you will know what creates ALL light no matter which way you look at it.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »
What an explanation everyone. "Just think about it". How genius.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

Forget our ears, Microphones should be able to pick up the wave form of light if it is indeed a form of sound.

Light and Sound are not inherently causally linked. Light can be produced without sound, and sound can be produced without light. Light propagates where Sound cannot, and Sound propagates through materials that block or reflect light.
Stand your microphone out when it's thundering and lightning, it will pick up the sound.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »
What an explanation everyone. "Just think about it". How genius.
I've gave you the explanation and now I'm asking you to think about it. What's wrong with that?

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »
So we can agree then that light and sound are completely different and travel by completely different means.
Once again then, why does the amount of time between seeing something, and hearing it, increase with the distance?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:09 AM »
You haven't explained it at all. All you've said is that sound creates light without explaining how this is possible nor presenting any evidence. The only thing that came close to an explanation was when you said "think about it". Which is a joke. You are a nut job dude.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »
Once again then, why does the amount of time between seeing something, and hearing it, increase with the distance?
Because your eyes are already focused on the end product of that sound that produces the light, so the sound follows behind it.

It's like you seeing the head light of my bike and as I get closer, you hear the whizz of my tyre dynamo that produces that light. Crude analogy I know.

?

Almostaphysicsmajor

• I'm a scientist! Sort of...
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
Just a point.. Light is electromagnetic radiation, movement of photons, or em waves, or whatever you want to think, travels at 2.998x10^8 m/s and has no mass. Sound is the movement of air particles in longitudinal wave patterns. The molecules in the air hit each other in a sort of domino effect, and sound waves dont actually have substance. Light can exist in a vacuum, sound cannot. The average sound wave moves at 343m/s in air, and faster depending on the medium it is going through. A denser material will allow less "space" before the particles "hit" each other and cause the sound wave, and thus the wave moves faster. They are two completely different phenomena.
~Id rather live painfully than die painlessly~

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »
Let me help you understand it like this. When the big bang happened space and time began to exist. Before this, there was no space and there was no time. It is theorized that space has a boundary. Before this there was nothing. The space between here and Mars for instance is not that same concept.
Trying to make me understand something like that is incredible, it really is. Why in the hell do you follow this?
The big bang started from nothing, basically. That's what you are implying. Come on, you're smarter than that. What the hell have they done to you people? Have they plugged your heads into the national grid or something?

Okay, I watched this live a bit ago and I figured it was relevant enough to post :
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">2013 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: The Existence of Nothing

The fact is, scepti, we don't know what nothing is.
Watch the whole thing.
Very interesting stuff.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
You haven't explained it at all. All you've said is that sound creates light without explaining how this is possible nor presenting any evidence. The only thing that came close to an explanation was when you said "think about it". Which is a joke. You are a nut job dude.
And yet, here you are taking me on, me being a nut job an all.  :P

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
Just a point.. Light is electromagnetic radiation, movement of photons, or em waves, or whatever you want to think, travels at 2.998x10^8 m/s and has no mass. Sound is the movement of air particles in longitudinal wave patterns. The molecules in the air hit each other in a sort of domino effect, and sound waves dont actually have substance. Light can exist in a vacuum, sound cannot. The average sound wave moves at 343m/s in air, and faster depending on the medium it is going through. A denser material will allow less "space" before the particles "hit" each other and cause the sound wave, and thus the wave moves faster. They are two completely different phenomena.
You can stick any amount of equations onto it as you want to. The top and bottom is simple, though.
If there is no sound, there is no light and that's the truth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »

Okay, I watched this live a bit ago and I figured it was relevant enough to post :
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">2013 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: The Existence of Nothing

The fact is, scepti, we don't know what nothing is.
Watch the whole thing.
Very interesting stuff.
I'll make a point in watching it later on.

?

Almostaphysicsmajor

• I'm a scientist! Sort of...
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »
You can stick any amount of equations onto it as you want to. The top and bottom is simple, though.
what kind of sound does the sun make? The stars? Surely they must have a particular frequency, and if so what is this frequency? Your statement also implies sound makes light. So, go into a dark room, throw something, and try to see if it creates light. Also, radio waves are electromagnetic radiation, aka light, at a different frequency, so they should make a sound as well.

Your statement is false unless you can show that light coming from any of those sources has a sound.
~Id rather live painfully than die painlessly~

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
what kind of sound does the sun make? The stars? Surely they must have a particular frequency, and if so what is this frequency? Your statement also implies sound makes light. So, go into a dark room, throw something, and try to see if it creates light. Also, radio waves are electromagnetic radiation, aka light, at a different frequency, so they should make a sound as well.

Your statement is false unless you can show that light coming from any of those sources has a sound.
It all depends on what you throw and how fast you throw it.
Once light is created, it's sound that started it off, right?

« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »
That's because you've been conditioned to figure out things with complicated explanations when in reality, it's a matter of simplicity and common sense.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »
Yes it does.
You're a sensible person, have a really good ponder over it. You don't have to agree with me in the forum, just really scrutinise everything about sound/ (vibration/friction), and frequency and you will know what creates ALL light no matter which way you look at it.
How closely have you scrutinized light?  Here is something that should blow your mind:
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Double Slit Experiment (Through The Wormhole)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »
Light first or sound?

Crude, yes, the principle is the same. FRICTION.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Power of Friction

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
Yes it does.
How closely have you scrutinized light?  Here is something that should blow your mind:
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Double Slit Experiment (Through The Wormhole)
It's certainly not blowing my mind. I don't know what point you are trying to make here.

« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
This was already answered.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
Scepti incorrectly uses the word vacuum when he means absolutely nothing. These aren't the same and nothing does not exist.
I use the word correctly. Science uses it incorrectly because they call it a VACUUM and it is not a vacuum at all, it cannot be created in earth's dome. The true vacuum is simply a word to describe none existence.
You cannot survive without matter, you cannot have scattered matter with a vacuum in between, unless you are a cell in suspended animation, as the earth is.
If someone makes up a new word with its own definition and you starting using that wod but with a different definition then it's using it wrong.

« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »

Stand your microphone out when it's thundering and lightning, it will pick up the sound.

My microphone will not pick up lightning. It will not pick up my desk lamp, a flash light, a laser pointer, an LED monitor, Bioluminescent fungi or animal cells, or any other form of light.

That's because these are not sounds, and my Microphone was designed to pick up sounds.

Thunder is a sound. My microphone will pick up thunder. But it will not pick up the flash of lightning. Lightning is not a sound. It's also technically not a light. It produces both light and sound independently of each other.

This is a simple, common sense explanation. Light being a sound is neither simple, nor is is common sense.

« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2013, 11:35:33 AM »

Here are 3 links for you:

[url=http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/confirmed-aurora-borealis-makes-sounds]http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/confirmed-aurora-borealis-makes-sounds
[/url]

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">How to Turn Sound Into Light: Sonoluminescence

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/sound-becomes-light

« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
Light first or sound?

Crude, yes, the principle is the same. FRICTION.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Power of Friction

What is the relation between this and the OP?!
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
My microphone will not pick up lightning. It will not pick up my desk lamp, a flash light, a laser pointer, an LED monitor, Bioluminescent fungi or animal cells, or any other form of light.

That's because these are not sounds, and my Microphone was designed to pick up sounds.

Thunder is a sound. My microphone will pick up thunder. But it will not pick up the flash of lightning. Lightning is not a sound. It's also technically not a light. It produces both light and sound independently of each other.

This is a simple, common sense explanation. Light being a sound is neither simple, nor is is common sense.
Are you not smart enough to realize that humans cannot hear every sound?  Unless that microphone is hooked up to something that measures sound waves, you probably won't hear anything through a speaker.