Can anyone answer this question.

• 908 Replies
Re: Can anyone answer this question.
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
People often think ignorance is a derogatory term. It is simply a word that describes someone who doesn't know anything about a subject. It is a quantifiable assessment. You, Spaceship and Scepti are ignorant about this stuff. It isn't meant to hurt your feelings, it is a fact verified by the things you say.

Who's house made of glass, doesn't throw people with stones.

There could be tens of answers but all not related or wrong. I say he will not get the correct answer because who knows the answer for sure knows that the earth is flat.

Take care of your pic.

How were any of the answers not related or wrong?
I think a bunch of people answered all of his questions pretty concisely.
I think it is you who resides in the glass house.

Besides, he's right. Scepti has shown a few times in this thread alone that he has no idea what he is talking about.
That, or he refuses to even try to comprehend anything other than what he knows.
Both are equally as terrible.

I understand Scepti and I exceeded what he achieved.
You're not on that way at all, you're on the opposite one.
You think we don't understand your science, we do understand it even more than you and we rejected it after knowing it and started to find another way. Both ways science and logic can never meet, that's why you think we don't understand you because you're using another language of a complete different way.

* Good that you don't think rotting room's pic is nice.
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2013, 08:19:39 AM »
Light is the end product of sound. It cannot propagate unless it has matter to do so, it's impossible and should be logical to comprehend that.
Scepti is right:
http://ilumen.blogspot.com/2011/02/does-light-have-weight-does-light-make.html

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:24 AM »
Light is the end product of sound. It cannot propagate unless it has matter to do so, it's impossible and should be logical to comprehend that.
Scepti is right:
http://ilumen.blogspot.com/2011/02/does-light-have-weight-does-light-make.html

That link says that light can create sound, not that sound can create light.  That link also does not say that light requires a medium to propagate.  What does that link have to do with your assertion that sceptimatic is right?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »
None of us know for absolute sure what we are talking about in the reality world, we have to go on the most logical thoughts about what reality is.
Then why do you seem so sure about your own highly illogical thoughts?
I think we know for sure what some things in the "reality world" are and how they operate.
Being able to add up and subtract and do equations does not make a person state fact about what they believe is in space, it's simply a commitment to memory from books and what not.
No, usually numbers do not lie when it comes to human understanding.
If you work the anomalies out of an equation, it's usually just right.
That's not to say there aren't other solutions for said equation.
Deny it if you want, but I'm telling you the truth.
Well, one of us is lying, because I'm also telling you the honest-to-gosh truth.
Besides, I thought none of us knew how the heck the "reality world" works?
How can you be so sure that you're right about this, that you know the truth,
especially when you just said that nobody can be sure about what the truth even is?
You're just that clever that you were the one to crack the true ice-dome-space-isn't-real-there-is-no-Sun-or-planets model, right?
Or maybe you're just as wrong as everyone else is about everything.
Worth some thought.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:26:48 AM by th3rm0m3t3r0 »

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
None of us know for absolute sure what we are talking about in the reality world, we have to go on the most logical thoughts about what reality is.
Then why do you seem so sure about your own highly illogical thoughts?
I think we know for sure what some things in the "reality world" are and how they operate.
Being able to add up and subtract and do equations does not make a person state fact about what they believe is in space, it's simply a commitment to memory from books and what not.
No, usually numbers do not lie when it comes to human understanding.
If you work the anomalies out of an equation, it's usually just right.
That's not to say there aren't other solutions for said equation.
Deny it if you want, but I'm telling you the truth.
Well, one of us is lying, because I'm also telling you the honest-to-gosh truth.
Besides, I thought none of us knew how the heck the "reality world" works?
How can you be so sure that you're right about this, that you know the truth?
Especially when you just said that nobody can be sure about what the truth even is?
You're just that clever that you were the one to crack the true ice-dome-space-isn't-real-there-is-no-Sun-or-planets model, right?
Or maybe you're just as wrong as everyone else is about everything.
Worth some thought.
I don't profess to be correct. That's where you make assumptions. I'm giving out my thoughts and sticking rigidly to them when the likes of you try and shoot them down and fail.

One thing I do know for absolute certainty and I mean 100% certainty..and that is, the earth is NOT a rotating globe, it is also not a stationary solid globe either, so logic has to kick in and this is where I'm at. Looking at what is more logical.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2013, 08:30:13 AM »
Here's something for you roundies:
Why in the hell would a comet have a tail if it moving about in your so called VACUUM?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2013, 08:33:17 AM »
Why in the hell would a comet have a tail if it moving about in your so called VACUUM?

Why wouldn't it have a tail?  Heat and energy from the sun travels towards the comet, melting the ices on it.  The gases are compelled to travel in the approximately same vector they are struck with, like a pool ball or something.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »

Well, it's time to explain a basic concept to scepti again.

Light has energy, scepti.  Light comes from the sun.  When this light impacts an icy comet, some of that ice gains energy and melts, forming the characteristic tail.
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »
People often think ignorance is a derogatory term. It is simply a word that describes someone who doesn't know anything about a subject. It is a quantifiable assessment. You, Spaceship and Scepti are ignorant about this stuff. It isn't meant to hurt your feelings, it is a fact verified by the things you say.

Who's house made of glass, doesn't throw people with stones.

There could be tens of answers but all not related or wrong. I say he will not get the correct answer because who knows the answer for sure knows that the earth is flat.

Take care of your pic.

How were any of the answers not related or wrong?
I think a bunch of people answered all of his questions pretty concisely.
I think it is you who resides in the glass house.

Besides, he's right. Scepti has shown a few times in this thread alone that he has no idea what he is talking about.
That, or he refuses to even try to comprehend anything other than what he knows.
Both are equally as terrible.

I understand Scepti, and I exceeded what he achieved.
You're not on that way at all, you're on the opposite one.
You think we don't understand your science, we do understand it even more than you and we rejected it after knowing it and started to find another way. Both ways science and logic can never meet, that's why you think we don't understand you because you're using another language of a complete different way.

* Good that you don't think rotting room's pic is nice.
How did you strengthen his viewpoint on this subject at all?
There's absolutely nothing wrong about how this is explained.
It needs no revision.
I don't understand how/why it is acceptable for you to make baseless claims and completely dismiss things just because you want to reject them when they work perfectly fine.
If you think the explanation of this is flawed, then you do not understand it.
What do you mean science and logic can never meet? Maybe they never meet in your mind. You would probably get along with scepti and EarthisaSpaceship, as this seems to be a lacking in their minds as well.

There's really nothing complicated about this question, or the answers to the question.
Again, you really think that nobody thought of this before you?
Well, I guess one must have an incredible ego to dismiss empirical facts on a hunch and replace them with something that isn't even supported by any evidence.

On a side note, I like his pic.
I like yours, too.
Let's be civilized here.

I am correct.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »

Why wouldn't it have a tail?  Heat and energy from the sun travels towards the comet, melting the ices on it.  The gases are compelled to travel in the approximately same vector they are struck with, like a pool ball or something.
It's amazing what can happen in this vacuum of yours isn't it?
Normal things in earth's dome can exhibit a tail of fire or air but in a vacuum with nothing like that, it can still exhibit the very same thing, because the sun is shooting out it's beams and also pulling at the comet.

In a vacuum that is none existent.
Why do you people swallow this garbage, seriously, why do seemingly rational thinking people not see how absurd it all is?

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »
I don't profess to be correct. That's where you make assumptions. I'm giving out my thoughts and sticking rigidly to them when the likes of you try and shoot them down and fail.

One thing I do know for absolute certainty and I mean 100% certainty..and that is, the earth is NOT a rotating globe, it is also not a stationary solid globe either, so logic has to kick in and this is where I'm at. Looking at what is more logical.
You just said you know something 100% for sure.
A few posts ago you said that nobody can know anything for sure.

If you claim to know something 100%, you are indeed professing to be correct.
No assumptions were made, in this regard, and you have validated that statement.

I am correct.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »

You just said you know something 100% for sure.
A few posts ago you said that nobody can know anything for sure.

If you claim to know something 100%, you are indeed professing to be correct.
No assumptions were made, in this regard, and you have validated that statement.
I am correct on that part and to be honest, it shouldn't even need a great deal of thought to see it for what it is, which is nonsense.

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2013, 08:44:07 AM »

Solar radiation and the solar wind.
I think, therefore I am

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »
Normal things in earth's dome can exhibit a tail of fire or air but in a vacuum with nothing like that, it can still exhibit the very same thing, because the sun is shooting out it's beams and also pulling at the comet.

Why do you people swallow this garbage, seriously, why do seemingly rational thinking people not see how absurd it all is?
Comets only have tails when close to the Sun.
Further away, they are dark, icy, and very cold.
I think you are seriously misunderstanding what a vacuum is.
We have the ability to create vacuums here on Earth.
Are you trying to say that vacuums don't exist?

We swallow the garbage because we can see it for what it really is.
We can understand it.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I am correct.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »
I am correct.
Anyways, tell me what simple observations of yours disprove a globe.

I am correct.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2013, 08:53:06 AM »

Easy isn't it. Anything can be explained in your vacuum. I mean, solar wind. Solar radiation, in a vacuum with bits of scattered matter just sitting there.

How anyone can believe for one second that something can propagate through a vacuum is beyond me...well, I'm fibbing there, because I suppose it would be hard for many people to even contemplate what a true vacuum actually means and how it would work, so to be told that is doesn't exist, is probably going beyond the brain frying stage...yet more informed thinkers should be able to at least start to grasp it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »

We can understand it.
No, I'm not TRYING to say a true vacuum doesn't exist. I'm telling you a true vacuum cannot exist.
We have the ability to EVACUATE air from a container, we do not have the ability to create a VACUUM.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2013, 08:57:27 AM »

We can understand it.
No, I'm not TRYING to say a true vacuum doesn't exist. I'm telling you a true vacuum cannot exist.
We have the ability to EVACUATE air from a container, we do not have the ability to create a VACUUM.

What is the difference between a container evacuated of air and a vacuum?  Not in its properties, just in its definition?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »
Scepti incorrectly uses the word vacuum when he means absolutely nothing. These aren't the same and nothing does not exist.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »
I am correct.
Anyways, tell me what simple observations of yours disprove a globe.
The most basic one is what all normal people are born with. A sense of balance. Of course it can be debunked in your ways, so can everything. I'm just giving you a very basic simple answer.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »

We can understand it.

What is the difference between a container evacuated of air and a vacuum?  Not in its properties, just in its definition?
I didn't say EVACUATED of air, I said we have the ability to EVACUATE air, meaning we can take out most but not all.
A vacuum , a true vacuum contains no matter. Basically to achieve it would make it none existent, which is why we cannot achieve it, obviously.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
Scepti incorrectly uses the word vacuum when he means absolutely nothing. These aren't the same and nothing does not exist.
I use the word correctly. Science uses it incorrectly because they call it a VACUUM and it is not a vacuum at all, it cannot be created in earth's dome. The true vacuum is simply a word to describe none existence.
You cannot survive without matter, you cannot have scattered matter with a vacuum in between, unless you are a cell in suspended animation, as the earth is.

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »

Easy isn't it. Anything can be explained in your vacuum. I mean, solar wind. Solar radiation, in a vacuum with bits of scattered matter just sitting there.

How anyone can believe for one second that something can propagate through a vacuum is beyond me...well, I'm fibbing there, because I suppose it would be hard for many people to even contemplate what a true vacuum actually means and how it would work, so to be told that is doesn't exist, is probably going beyond the brain frying stage...yet more informed thinkers should be able to at least start to grasp it.

Yes it is easy to grasp. How you can believe that nothing can travel in vacuum is beyond me...
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2013, 09:13:02 AM »
That link says that light can create sound, not that sound can create light.  That link also does not say that light requires a medium to propagate.  What does that link have to do with your assertion that sceptimatic is right?

Oh, my mistake.  I've already mentioned sonoluminescence in another thread.  I thought most of us already knew about it:
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Sonarluminescence- is this nuclear fusion?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »

Yes it is easy to grasp. How you can believe that nothing can travel in vacuum is beyond me...
Common sense alone should tell you it's impossible

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »
Think of all the sound waves that are travelling through our oceans....no wonder our Earth shines.   :)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »
Think of all the sound waves that are travelling through our oceans....no wonder our Earth shines.   :)
Think of whales being able to detect their sounds from hundreds or more miles away.
Imagine of our ears were more astute, this earth would be singing and we would probably be walking about shouting, "please, please, make it stop, make it stop, I beg of you."  ;D

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »

Maybe not for you but my common sense says it is possible.
I think, therefore I am

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »

Maybe not for you but my common sense says it is possible.
Ok then, let's make it simple. If all matter does not exist on this earth, what would this earth be?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
Empty space.