Can anyone answer this question.

• 908 Replies
?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Can anyone answer this question.
« Reply #900 on: November 30, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
I'd be blatantly making it up

It didn't stop you from blatantly making up the ice dome, the sun at the center of the earth surrounded by volcanoes and ice that no man can get close to. So on and so forth.

But measuring the distance to the ice dome...........THAT would be crazy.
You can't measure something that you can't get to.

So you don't believe triangulation is possible?

it's not possible to work out one side of a triangle if you know another side and the opposite corner?

Ignore distances to anything for a second and imagine it's an object on earth you want to know the height of, say a telephone pole. That can't be done without climbing it or throwing a measuring stick up it?
I'm not talking about earth, I'm talking about space when this stuff is being put forward.

So to clarify. You believe it's possible to measure something on or relatively near earth without physically getting to it first but you DON'T believe it's possible to do the same with objects if they are in space?

I only ask because if it won't help matters I'm not even going to contemplate videoing myself triangulating a telephone pole before I measure the height.
My issue with this is in so called space,with anything.

On earth I'm well aware it can be done, as long as you have some reference point to work from to get distance and size.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #901 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »

On earth I'm well aware it can be done, as long as you have some reference point to work from to get distance and size.
So why can't you use the earth itself as a reference for measuring things in space? 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »
I'd be blatantly making it up

It didn't stop you from blatantly making up the ice dome, the sun at the center of the earth surrounded by volcanoes and ice that no man can get close to. So on and so forth.

But measuring the distance to the ice dome...........THAT would be crazy.
You can't measure something that you can't get to.

So you don't believe triangulation is possible?

it's not possible to work out one side of a triangle if you know another side and the opposite corner?

Ignore distances to anything for a second and imagine it's an object on earth you want to know the height of, say a telephone pole. That can't be done without climbing it or throwing a measuring stick up it?
I'm not talking about earth, I'm talking about space when this stuff is being put forward.

So to clarify. You believe it's possible to measure something on or relatively near earth without physically getting to it first but you DON'T believe it's possible to do the same with objects if they are in space?

I only ask because if it won't help matters I'm not even going to contemplate videoing myself triangulating a telephone pole before I measure the height.

So do you believe that the properties of similar triangles break down in space and become different? Or do you believe that sight lines don't hold up to distant bodies?

Because you can calculate the height of a distant object from the distance to it OR you can calculate the distance to an object on earth the same way using any two points removed from it (since that's what you are really doing when you get height to the top). Assuming a flat earth would actually make such triangulation much easier and more accurate since there would be no need to account for any problems that a curvature would create.

« Reply #903 on: November 30, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »
Well! not everyone can be a worldwide renowned know all there is to know about photography and video, like yourself.
Actually I'm not, but it sure feels like it when reading comments from fe'rs who don't even understand the difference between fish-eye, wide angle, and tele-photo shots, the difference between near and far objects and how zoom and distance can affect the relative size, how exposure affects shots, or how digital cameras only capture certain spectrums.

I don't even own a decent DSLR camera.  Just a couple cheap 'point and shoots', go-pro 3, and a low end digital camcorder.  (looking hard at maybe a Nikon 3100 or Canon T3.... having high power lens capability, aperture, ISO, shutter, bulb, etc, control would open so many doors for photography I'd love to do)

« Reply #904 on: November 30, 2013, 11:20:02 AM »
Basically a lot of what we have been forced to believe are just scientific fabrication when it comes down to the likes of gravity and stuff like that, especially so called space.
We are just told to accept the miracles of science and yet it's all cloaked in secrecy.
Now excuse me for a bit but what is cloaked in secrecy? Photographic exposure? Momentum? Triangulation?

Science is very public in it's nature, you can even go to cern and have a look around and then you have online access to their experiment results, just for an example.

?

Jorhan Brimve Stahl

• A disk is round. A sphere is round. Earth = Round.
« Reply #905 on: November 30, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
They would not say it because the sky darkens and then lightens. That is a very well-understood phenomena that happens in my phone camera.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It just wouldn't happen on those rocket launches and if it did, it would be constant.
Also, if it goes black, it goes black. It doesn't show up a clear rocket like you see in many fake videos.
Some of the comments I received from not one but several persons was that it was curious that flat earthers are using physics in developing this website but that they discount all the laws of physics as "just numbers made up by scientists." Also it would seem if they have a Personal Computer they would probably also have the latest in cameras and would observe the effects of the automatic exposure control as has been mentioned. LOL.
Basically a lot of what we have been forced to believe are just scientific fabrication when it comes down to the likes of gravity and stuff like that, especially so called space.
We are just told to accept the miracles of science and yet it's all cloaked in secrecy.

Cloaked in secrecy? The sharing of knowledge is what built Civilization. If anything isn't cloaked in secrecy in the 21st century, it's science.
I don't suffer from schizophrenia and neither do I,

« Reply #906 on: March 17, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
http://

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a fascinating video on sonoluminescence:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:14:19 PM by EarthIsASpaceship »

This is what the stars are!
« Reply #907 on: March 18, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »
Cavitation is the formation of vapour cavities in a liquid i.e. small liquid-free zones ("bubbles" or "voids") that are the consequence of forces acting upon the liquid. It usually occurs when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure that cause the formation of cavities where the pressure is relatively low. When subjected to higher pressure, the voids implode and can generate an intense shockwave.

Non-inertial cavitation is the process in which a bubble in a fluid is forced to oscillate in size or shape due to some form of energy input, such as an acoustic field. -  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavitation

I like this comment someone posted on Youtube:

AlexanderHL
3 months ago

This could facilitate cold fusion so easily, now I know why I haven't heard of sonoluminescense before, you can see how even the remote prospect of possibility of nuclear fusion can frighten the energy giants. Cold fusion in a jar, almost infinite energy for everyone, we wouldn't want that now would we? What would the transcontinental corporations do when their fossil fuels stockpiles aren't worth even the space they take up ? This department is heavily underfunded (gee I wonder why), time to invest in a viable future, NASA, fuck Mars, we need help down here.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:52:57 PM by EarthIsASpaceship »

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #908 on: March 18, 2014, 02:59:02 PM »
http://

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a fascinating video on sonoluminescence:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">
Any time you move an electron in a atom it will produce a electromagnetic wave. you can easily produce that with electricity. A light bulb does it because the atom are so hot it makes the elections travel to one atom to another producing electromagnetic wave. It will produce different frequencies of the wave. The frequency we see is in the spectrum of light as we see it. The water bubble when explored did the same thing. It made the electrons move within the atom and that produce an electromagnetic waves. It is like plucking a guitar string to make sound.