Can anyone answer this question.

• 908 Replies
?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Can anyone answer this question.
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2013, 11:04:19 AM »
Scepti you keep saying a vacuum is nothing but you are dead wrong. There is no example in the world anywhere of what you conceive as nothing.
Correct, you are absolutely correct. There is nowhere in the world of what I conceive as nothing, because in this world, everything is bonded from the densest matter to the lightest. Everything...IN THIS WORLD.
Beyond this world, there is no existence of anything we can see, it's just darkness to our eyes and what is reflected off of it.
That does not mean there is nothing else inside a cell like ours , it's just that we cannot and never will see,  but we can use our imagination to believe that something like our world cell can exist in the suspended animation that we are in.

A perfect vacuum basically describes none existence of ALL matter.

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
Too dumb for words.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »
No scepti, space is still something. It is not nothing. I have told you this before. Your definition of nothing is a philosophical concept and it does not represent anything in this universe. Space is space, not nothing.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
If nothing was a possible state of the universe then it would have to exist everywhere. We can't live "in" nothing. Nothing cannot exist simultaneously with something as it would have to with your dome.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »
so we should basically see an earth blanket of sun, not a small disc.
The entire sky should be filled with the sun no matter which way we look?  Is that what you're saying?

Objects appear smaller the further away they are, regardless if they're viewed through atmosphere, 1/10 atmosphere, 1/1000 atmosphere, or vacuum.
Inside earth you see stuff from a distance which looks smaller, fair enough, no problem there. That's because our eyesight cannot magnify as we move away to keep an object the same size, plus the atmosphere would obscure it, eventually.

A strong torch shining into your eyes whilst you back away from it, will become smaller as the reflected light becomes less intense due to atmosphere density over distance.

The way your so called vacuum is described with your huge sun and stars, they do not suffer this problem until they hit earths atmosphere from however many trillions of miles, meaning they should hit with the intensity from which they started emitting in this direction, which would bathe the earth and would not give us any chance of seeing them as any kind of dot that we see now.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »
What the hell do you mean, "space in isolation?"

Exactly what it means.

Try dictionary.com if you're having trouble understanding what isolation means.

Of course that's not what it means, to your science. If it did, then we would not be arguing the point.
Your science uses EVACUATED matter in PARTIAL terms to describe a vacuum, which allegedly leaves scattered matter that is independent of each other and you cannot see how ridiculous this is.

Everything in science is ridiculous to you because you have no idea what any of it actually means.

You might as well be trying to read sanskrit and trying to make sense of it.

I don't understand how you can ridicule something you fail to comprehend. It's pure ignorance.
I comprehend it perfectly well. You simply fail to see the logic.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
The entire sky should be filled with the sun no matter which way we look?  Is that what you're saying?

Objects appear smaller the further away they are, regardless if they're viewed through atmosphere, 1/10 atmosphere, 1/1000 atmosphere, or vacuum.
Inside earth you see stuff from a distance which looks smaller, fair enough, no problem there. That's because our eyesight cannot magnify as we move away to keep an object the same size, plus the atmosphere would obscure it, eventually.

A strong torch shining into your eyes whilst you back away from it, will become smaller as the reflected light becomes less intense due to atmosphere density over distance.

The way your so called vacuum is described with your huge sun and stars, they do not suffer this problem until they hit earths atmosphere from however many trillions of miles, meaning they should hit with the intensity from which they started emitting in this direction, which would bathe the earth and would not give us any chance of seeing them as any kind of dot that we see now.

And each photon does hit with the same intensity but it is just far less photons.

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »

What logic?

Until you actually understand what a vacuum is..........or any other basic parts of physics........you shouldn't be commenting on the subject at all.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »

And each photon does hit with the same intensity but it is just far less photons.
Far less photons in the general direction of earth you mean, right?

It doesn't matter. If the sun is as big as you say then the earth is going to be bathed to hell and you are not going to see a sun like you do.

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »
Can you back up that assumption with actual scientific data?

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »
No scepti, space is still something. It is not nothing. I have told you this before. Your definition of nothing is a philosophical concept and it does not represent anything in this universe. Space is space, not nothing.
I'll tell you what perceived space is to us. It's what you are sitting in right now as in, among molecules/matter that are all bonded yet are invisible to our meagre eyesight. This is the only type of space we can know.

Outside of earth, there is no space, because matter does not exist in any form at all, to us, except for what we know as blackness or darkness in the true sense of the word.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »
If nothing was a possible state of the universe then it would have to exist everywhere. We can't live "in" nothing. Nothing cannot exist simultaneously with something as it would have to with your dome.
The universe is a figment of our imagination, It exists because we allow it to exist. We do this because we see light against blackness as specks as in what we call stars and brightness of what we see as a sun in this imaginary universe.
It's a trick of our minds because we cannot contemplate what NOTHING  actually means. To us, nothing means no money, no water in the bath or no rain or a zero. We cannot comprehend the real meaning of nothing because there is no such thing that exists as nothing. Head busting isn't it.

Our perceived universe is the colour black, our best perceived, real- nothing.

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »

Are you actually this ignorant or do you just pretend to be?

When someone says vacuum, in science, it means space in isolation, without interference.
What the hell do you mean, "space in isolation?"

Ok, you explain to me how something can operate in something that cannot exist.
I can't because that isn't what vacuum means.
Of course that's not what it means, to your science. If it did, then we would not be arguing the point.
Your science uses EVACUATED matter in PARTIAL terms to describe a vacuum, which allegedly leaves scattered matter that is independent of each other and you cannot see how ridiculous this is.

No, not orange pips in a bath full of water. Bits of matter in vast space. You seem to reject every analogy on this thread that people have used to try to explain the answers to your questions..........so please refrain from using ridiculous analogies yourself.
As above.

why there is no like icon? If there was, I would click it ten times.
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »

Are you still under the assumption that light requires air to propagate through, just like sound?

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »

What logic?

Until you actually understand what a vacuum is..........or any other basic parts of physics........you shouldn't be commenting on the subject at all.
Now this is just the problem. You see, If I want to comment on something I believe in, I will do that. I will not stop because you decide I shouldn't, just because you cannot grasp what I'm saying.
We all display ignorance to each other. My ignorance, to you, is my stance against your own ignorance of alternatives to your indoctrination by the ignorance of your indoctrinators to teach you anything other than the version they hold in their books and memory.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2013, 11:37:35 AM »
How about using your common sense.

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »
The universe is a figment of our imagination, It exists because we allow it to exist. We do this because we see light against blackness as specks as in what we call stars and brightness of what we see as a sun in this imaginary universe.
It's a trick of our minds because we cannot contemplate what NOTHING  actually means. To us, nothing means no money, no water in the bath or no rain or a zero. We cannot comprehend the real meaning of nothing because there is no such thing that exists as nothing. Head busting isn't it.

A very deep contemplation but as a rejecter of science, you forgot that "universe" is part of it.

In brief, I want to tell you that there is nothing called universe.
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »
Now this is just the problem. You see, If I want to comment on something I believe in, I will do that. I will not stop because you decide I shouldn't, just because you cannot grasp what I'm saying.
We all display ignorance to each other. My ignorance, to you, is my stance against your own ignorance of alternatives to your indoctrination by the ignorance of your indoctrinators to teach you anything other than the version they hold in their books and memory.

Commenting on something and questioning it is fine..........if you actually know what you are talking about.

Ridiculing something because you aren't educated enough to comprehend it is foolish.

I don't speak Chinese. Should I tell ever Chinese speaking person that are talking gibberish because I don't understand their language?

Of course I can't grasp what you are saying...........nothing you say makes sense.

Okay.

Common sense says science is correct, pictures of earth from space aren't a conspiracy, and you're a moron.

Hows that?

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »

Are you still under the assumption that light requires air to propagate through, just like sound?
Light is the end product of sound. It cannot propagate unless it has matter to do so, it's impossible and should be logical to comprehend that.
If all matter is not holding hands we cease to exist. It has to be bonded like washing machine bubbles.

We don't see most of what's around us in the air but it's there.
The minute it's not, is the minute we cease to exist as a world.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »

A very deep contemplation but as a rejecter of science, you forgot that "universe" is part of it.

Correct...universe is merely a word and an imagination of something that people believe exists. Our universe is inside this cell we call earth.

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 11:47:11 AM »

Or his mind, he and who are like him don't doubt that "science" is simply a word can anyone use it in any fictional idea.
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »

Correct...universe is merely a word and an imagination of something that people believe exists. Our universe is inside this cell we call earth.

No, there is no universe and the earth is not a universe or a cell. The earth is the earth and the sky is the sky and that's it.
Life is a big trick.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »

Commenting on something and questioning it is fine..........if you actually know what you are talking about.

Ridiculing something because you aren't educated enough to comprehend it is foolish.

I don't speak Chinese. Should I tell ever Chinese speaking person that are talking gibberish because I don't understand their language?

Of course I can't grasp what you are saying...........nothing you say makes sense.
If you don't speak Chinese then you can tell them all you want that they are talking gibberish, but if they don't understand English, they will simply believe you are talking gibberish. Some stalemate, eh?

Common sense says science is correct, pictures of earth from space aren't a conspiracy, and you're a moron.

Hows that?
Of course pictures from space aren't a conspiracy, TO YOU.
Bruce Willis stayed back on an asteroid and nuked it. It's true because I was it on TV and it looked damn real to me.

I'll need some proof from you as to your assumption that I'm a moron. Pictures won't do, I need some real proof. Maybe a certificate or moronic excellence or something, stamped and dated and authenticated.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »

No, there is no universe and the earth is not a universe or a cell. The earth is the earth and the sky is the sky and that's it.
Fair enough.

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
The earth is the earth and the sky is the sky and that's it.

Where do meteors that crash to the earth come from?

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »
Light is the end product of sound. It cannot propagate unless it has matter to do so, it's impossible and should be logical to comprehend that.

So why can I see something happen in the distance, and not hear it until several seconds have passed?

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2013, 12:01:07 PM »
Of course pictures from space aren't a conspiracy, TO YOU.
Bruce Willis stayed back on an asteroid and nuked it. It's true because I was it on TV and it looked damn real to me.

What does a movie have to do with pictures from space?

I'll need some proof from you as to your assumption that I'm a moron.

It wasn't an assumption. It was a theory based on the evidence on this thread built from an earlier hypothesis. Each post you contribute pushes it closer to being a fact.

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
The earth is the earth and the sky is the sky and that's it.

Where do meteors that crash to the earth come from?

From the lower sky.
Life is a big trick.

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »
So why can I see something happen in the distance, and not hear it until several seconds have passed?

It's a conspiracy.

You actually can hear it but you've been brainwashed not to.

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2013, 12:04:34 PM »
From the lower sky.

So they magically appear from no where and then crash to the earth?