Why Obamacare is bad

• 36 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Why Obamacare is bad
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
Maybe they're concerned some catastrophic injury will befall them with no other party being responsible, and they'd have to pay out of pocket for it. I don't think Obamacare is so efficient that you can sign up on your smart phone before you bleed out from a large puncture wound.

In such an event I would only need to pay for the immediate ER treatment to sew me up and stop me from bleeding to death (they'll bill me later). If I then sign up for Obamacare's gold plan I can use it to pay for any ongoing physical therapy/internal surgery/organ replacements/prosthetics/etc I need, where the bulk of medical costs are incurred.

Finally, once I am done with my treatment, I can simply cancel my insurance.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:13:48 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »
Does Obamacare force people to pay insurance?

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »

It forces them to get an insurance plan or pay a fine if they don't have one.

Make sense of that:  If you can't afford insurance even with assistance, they're fining you for being poor.
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 12:20:23 AM »

Make sense of that:  If you can't afford insurance even with assistance, they're fining you for being poor.

Well I thought they couldn't fine you. I thought they could only get you to pay through a tax increased. So if you're not earning anything, then essentially you owe nothing.

It looks like it forces people who can afford health insurance to pay for it. Putting less burden on the state.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:01 AM »

If you're too poor to afford ObamaCare, then you probably qualify for Medicaid and are already covered.  The fine is for those who can afford insurance but decide to opt out.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lorddave

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
I have a question about Obamacare logic:

Since Obamacare covers pre-existing conditions, as a healthy individual what incentive do I have to sign up and pay $400 a month for health insurance, when I can simply wait until I develop a serious condition and then buy the Gold version of Obamacare when I need it?

Then, once I am over my condition, 6 months later, what stops me from cancelling my insurance?

If everyone is doing this, signing up only when they are sick, paying $2400 for a $30,000+ condition, how could this "insurance" possibly work?
Two things.
1. The tax.
2. Time.  Coverage is not instant.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.