So what made you believe the Earth was flat?

• 8 Replies
So what made you believe the Earth was flat?
« on: October 12, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »
What was the smoking gun (or lack there of) that made you decide that the Earth was Flat? Considering the amount of teaching (or indoctrination, depending on how you look at it) that happens in schools, to take up this set of thoughts is almost courageous. But there has to be a reason you did it. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
Re: So what made you believe the Earth was flat?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »
Welcome to the site brenatevi!

This is now in FEG.  Even though you asked a question, it is about FEer's themselves so it belongs here. 

Thanks for joining in!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:14:44 AM »
There wasn't one argument that won me over, it was a collection of arguments combined with logical thinking.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
There wasn't one argument that won me over, it was a collection of arguments combined with logical thinking.

Could you be a little more specific ?

Could you give us a list of at least a few of the "collection of arguments with logical thinking" ?

Just a few examples...even only one or two.... would be sufficient.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »
I don't like the word belief in the title.  The the word think would be better.

I don't know if the world is round or flat. I just think it's healthy to have an alternate view of the world you live in sometimes.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
I don't like the word belief in the title.  The the word think would be better.

I don't know if the world is round or flat. I just think it's healthy to have an alternate view of the world you live in sometimes.

Before I discovered this website I didn't even think that anyone would even think, much less believe,  in a flat earth. (I came across this website quite by accident. I don't remember how I even discovered it) .

I "think" the word "imagine" would be better.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
I became aware that something is seeeerioooously wrong with the world. While investigating other matters i found this website. After hanging on here for a while, i started to see the evidence for flatness was not as crazy as I had first thought. I began to observe the world with flatness as a possiblility. Over time I have adjusted my world view to reality, and I see it as flat now. It was not one thing in particular, more or less a process. Fake moon landings definitely do not help the RE viewpoint
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 04:21:37 AM »
For a long time I saw the rotating globe model as not only being illogical, but absurd and totally nonsensical. I didn't just decide that, I looked at all the wizardry that made it work and it became more and more ridiculous.

In my naiveness, I looked into the geocentric round earth model and realised that it was the stars and planets that were rotating around the stationary globe, or so I believed at the time. You see, I was caught up in the rotating earth, then I questioned small parts of it, which led to more and more questioning, which pushed me into the direction of the geocentric model, basically because I thought that it had to be one or the other and basically, I chose the most logical.

I left it at that for a while, until my alarm sensors told me that all was not well with the stationary globe either, as it still had to account for gravity and orbits of so called space craft.
I knew the moon landings were faked to hell and any person even with an IQ of zero can see them for what they were, yet I still didn't discount satellites and what not, so I delved and delved and thought and thought and knew there had to be some other explanation for what we have been told is happening.

This is when I started looking for alternatives...and the alternatives were a hollow earth, a flat earth in various shapes and forms, so I looked into them, then came across this forum, so started to read it for a while and the more I read it, the more that some of the stuff made much more sense than anything I'd read.
Essentially, the flat earth is correct, in my view in terms of we walk about on a basically (to us) flat area, not a ball.
There's a lot I don't go along with, with various flat earth theories, including the end of the earth and drop off scenario and I do not believe in UA at all and I'd sooner believe in gravity if I had to make a choice, yet you all know what I think of bull crap gravity.

The point is, there's some things about the flat earth that make much more sense and other things that make no sense at all, to me, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means that my own logic tells me, there is something more to things, which I've explained in many topics, only to be discarded as a nut case and yet I'm told to accept other nut case (if mine are) theories in it's place. Weird.

It seems to me that most people who pursue degree science to do with earth and space, cannot or refuse to act in a basic manner and preferring to cite ridiculous calculations to explain something that can be explained in a basic manner. It must be a sort of dick measuring contest of minds, where one side will not let the other out do them with a better looking equation, so will come back with another more complicated one to basically describe the size and distance, etc of something that cannot be calculated.

If you think I'm talking out of my aris, then ask yourselves this. If your sizes and calculations are correct, then why are the distances to so called planets out by 90 odd millions of miles and sizes out by something like a million km and such like. Someone is drastically wrong or both are drastically wrong, so that being the case, what is the point of sitting there and shooting off calculations at each other and yet in between discarding any other theory that could potentially fit much better by using a more logical approach and a more basic approach, without having to go into stupid space equations to account for speeds of light, gravity forces and all the other stuff.

When I first came to this site, I admired the out of the box thinking of people and still do and I hope those that do so, keep doing so, because it's only this that can go any way into solving partial or maybe virtually all of what we actually view around and above us.

I once even mused that this earth was infinite and various other thoughts. I've been through most, because I'm willing to look at other stuff and at least try and work out what is more feasible and fits our way of life.
One thing that I have concluded without a shadow of a doubt, in my mind, is that earth is not a solid globe that haman beings can walk around, of this, I am 100% certain in my mind. In my mind., In my mind.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
What was the smoking gun (or lack there of) that made you decide that the Earth was Flat? Considering the amount of teaching (or indoctrination, depending on how you look at it) that happens in schools, to take up this set of thoughts is almost courageous. But there has to be a reason you did it. Nothing happens in a vacuum.
The evidence I was given through reading the great litrature of Rowbotham and other great FErs. When I first heard of this site I thought it was a joke and looked at there "evidence" for fun. Turns out they did have evidence and I began reading the classic Zetetic Astronomey and it was through that book I acumulated all the evidence in my head and decided to say loud and proud "IM A FLAT EARTHER!!"
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?