Phases of Venus

• 13 Replies
Phases of Venus
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »
The phases of Venus are another handy tool do disprove the geocentric model of the universe. It is easy enough to observe Venus as it travels and record the way the light falls on it from the sun.

This raises questions my main one not even the obvious "we can watch the light fall on it as we see it travel proving it travels around the sun since the light falls on it in that way"

My question is if the sun shines down on the Earth like a spotlight as is said by the proponents of FE (and required for their day/night cycle) how can the sun be casting light on Venus?

Re: Phases of Venus
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
And please do not tell me that Venus orbits beneath the sun. If that is true, then why is the transit observed at different times in different places? this is mathematically impossible under FET as shown by this map of where the transit is visible from from 1874:

Pray tell how these shadows could be cast on a flat Earth.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
The most obvious answer is that Venus lights itself. It's a wonder that even with so many different terrestrial sources of light, both natural and artificial, that round-earthers cannot fathom any extraterrestrial light sources except the sun. 

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
The most obvious answer is that Venus lights itself. It's a wonder that even with so many different terrestrial sources of light, both natural and artificial, that round-earthers cannot fathom any extraterrestrial light sources except the sun.

It's not the we can't fathom extraterrestrial light sources other than the sun but if we are talking about PHASES then that is an entirely different ball game. You do understand this right?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
Many things work in phases without the need of the sun.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »

truly enlightening.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »
Thank you, it's moments like these that keep me doing what I'm doing. If you have any other questions about Venus or celestial lighting don't feel discouraged in asking. I'm sure many people want to hear the answers as much as you do.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »
Thank you, it's moments like these that keep me doing what I'm doing. If you have any other questions about Venus or celestial lighting don't feel discouraged in asking. I'm sure many people want to hear the answers as much as you do.

/s

please. You know your argument that many things have phases doesn't apply here.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »

Okay what lights up venus in EXACT correlation to it's portion pointing at the sun. What phenomenon lights up most of the planet and since you've said about natural lights sources on Earth. Please point out the natural light source which produces enough power to light up 40% + of the entire planet at a single time. (excluding the sun as you have). You've used this natural lights source as proof now I would like you to name it please.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 01:48:03 AM »

What might possibly be the source of this light capable of creating such phases then Pongo? Can you enlighten us?
I think, therefore I am

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »
Such as?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 12:45:35 AM »
Such as?
Obviously Uranus.

?

Jorhan Brimve Stahl

• A disk is round. A sphere is round. Earth = Round.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »

What naturally occurring sources illumination are visible on planetary scale?
Even man-made light is only visible as faint yellow dots in clusters when seen from space/above.
I don't suffer from schizophrenia and neither do I,

ausGeoff

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »

By what method does Venus "light itself"?  And why should that (if it's correct) be "most obvious"?  It's certainly not obvious to me.

And can you please suggest a few other extraterrestrial light sources other than the sun (and/or other stars)?