• 38 Replies

Thork

• Please do not touch or disturb me.
NASA shutdown
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:33:26 PM »
Finally, NASA is silenced.

www.nasa.gov
^This I love.

It is hard not to gloat when one's fiercest adversary is on its knees. May it stay that way a while longer.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: NASA shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »
There is a skeleton crew maintaining certain missions currently underway:
The 3% of NASA employees who are deemed essential will work without pay until the situation is resolved. These are some of the things that will continue:

International Space Station monitoring will be maintained, but with the bare minimum of ground crew. (NASA will cease regular updates of the astronauts’ activities during the furlough, although we presume if something urgent happened there would be an update.)

Robotic missions that are already in operation — think the Cassini spacecraft circling Saturn, or the Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) winging its way to the moon — will have small crews making sure that they are functioning properly. No scientific analysis will be conducted, though.

Certain other programs will continue if a shutdown would be detrimental to their performance. Space News reports that the much-delayed James Webb Space Telescope will be among them, as some of its instruments are undergoing cryogenic vacuum testing at the Goddard Space Flight Center.

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/105143/what-does-the-government-shutdown-mean-for-nasa/#ixzz2gaxhUtQI
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »
This is awful news. Just think about the FE pessimism if you consider that they are wrong. They are actually cheerfully against the progress of mankind.

Thork

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »
The 3% of NASA employees who are deemed essential will work without pay
That's how the flat earth society operates anyway. Its nice to be on even terms for a bit.

This is awful news. Just think about the FE pessimism if you consider that they are wrong. They are actually cheerfully against the progress of mankind.
Progress of mankind. What tosh. The gravy train has shuddered to a halt for a few weeks. They'll be ripping you off and lying to you again in no time. Enjoy your vacation from them. There is a little less evil in the world tonight.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
That's how the flat earth society operates anyway. Its nice to be on even terms for a bit.

Progress of mankind. What tosh. The gravy train has shuddered to a halt for a few weeks. They'll be ripping you off and lying to you again in no time. Enjoy your vacation from them. There is a little less evil in the world tonight.

If what TFES says about NASA is right, then they likely has a slush fund and they are just taking down the website for show.  I mean everything on the site is pretty much a lie on the TFES' view anyway.  You are celebrating NASA saving on overhead really.  I guess you take the victories where you can.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Pyrolizard

• The Militant Skeptic
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 01:11:20 PM »
Well, except for the fact that NASA actually gets things done even with just a skeleton crew.  The FES can't say as much, unfortunately.
Quote from: Shmeggley
Wherever someone is wrong on the internet, Pyrolizard will be there!

Quote from: Excelsior John
I dont care about the majority I care about Obama.
Let it always be known that Excelsior John is against democracy.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »
So much for NASA being the Conspiracy, can someone please strike that from the FAQ?

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »
So much for NASA being the Conspiracy, can someone please strike that from the FAQ?
NASA has to make themselves look like they rely completely on the US government to get things done. And besides, much fewer than 1% of their employees would be conspirators. I don't see that the shutdown of their "research" is evidence that NASA is not involved in a conspiracy to hide flat earth truths from the public. This behavior makes sense.
I have become quite sure the earth is flat, but I am agnostic on whether it is a disk or an infinite plane. Indeed, I question many specifics of the theory, and I am as critical of flat earth ideas as of round earth ideas.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
Very little of what iwanttobelieve posts makes sense, and our best efforts to get him to be clearer in what he means have been in vain.  Just ignore him like the rest of us do.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 02:07:57 AM »
Oh no. I need NASA to watch over the ISON comet. It's coming soon.
I think, therefore I am

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 04:31:36 AM »
As Billy Bob Thornton said, who played Truman, (Truman show?, hmmm), he said, " the Government have questioned the need for N.A.S.A. Today, we are going to give them the answer."

Basically the public are questioning the need for N.A.S.A and it's umpteen billion running costs. A fake meteor incoming disaster scenario will have the public begging to have N.A.S.A back up and running at large multi billion scale again and happily lose some more tax dollars.

Shut down? More like stand down and wait for the fireworks.
There is going to be an Armageddon/deep impact type scenario, where they will come out and say they have been working in secret with all other space agencies to build these super rockets that are going to deflect a killer asteroid away from earth. I can just see them doing it and the ever gullible public will swallow it, hook, line and sinker.

The best way to implement full martial law and rid the world of the undesirables, whilst also making the sheep bow down to the powers that be and hand over all their hard earned in the name of protection.
Aliens could even fit into this scenario and it would not surprise me in the least if something like this pans out in the very near future.

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 07:09:49 AM »
There is going to be an Armageddon/deep impact type scenario, where they will come out and say they have been working in secret with all other space agencies to build these super rockets that are going to deflect a killer asteroid away from earth. I can just see them doing it and the ever gullible public will swallow it, hook, line and sinker.

The best way to implement full martial law and rid the world of the undesirables, whilst also making the sheep bow down to the powers that be and hand over all their hard earned in the name of protection.
Aliens could even fit into this scenario and it would not surprise me in the least if something like this pans out in the very near future.

Care to give a timescale for this prediction? History shows that doomsday merchants aren't that accurate.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »

Care to give a timescale for this prediction? History shows that doomsday merchants aren't that accurate.
What doomsday?

I don't predict doomsdays, I'm simply saying that in the not too distant future, we will get a right con job pulled on us, probably a fake disaster scenario that'll have us all panicking and then they'll roll out the heroes to save us.

I think we live our lives through the TV. Once it's been on TV, we get to see a re-run, only this time it's not fiction. It'll be passed off as news.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »
So you're saying they will try to recreate Armageddon, but in real life?  When is this supposed to happen?
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
There's a lot of talk on YT about comet ISON and FEMA camps.    :o

DuckDodgers

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
There is also a lot of talk on YT about unicorns, alien abductions, flying humans, and healing cancer by running a crystal on your foot.  It's an absurdly unreliable source of information.

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
Haha, that's a typical response from someone who doesn't know the truth.  YT has a lot of educational information.  No less than the television or the public library.  You do realize there are books about unicorns, alien abductions, flying humans, and healing cancer by running a crystal on your foot, right?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »
I agree with EarthiisaSpaceship. The mere fact that some information comes from YouTube does not negate it's insight. All information, no matter where it is from, should be inspected on some critical level before determining if it is false. I don't care if the information is from "Yahoo Answers", if the information is correct then it is not just information, it is knowledge.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »
I wasn't saying none of it is true, just that something shouldn't be given credibility just because it is on YouTube.  It's just that YouTube is subject to a lot more disinformation because of its nature as an entertainment site.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:32 AM »
I wasn't saying none of it is true, just that something shouldn't be given credibility just because it is on YouTube.  It's just that YouTube is subject to a lot more disinformation because of its nature as an entertainment site.

Also true.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 10:39:31 AM »
That can be said for every snippet of info on the entire web and the entire worldwide library of books and video.
None of us can discern any of it to be free of manipulation in some way, shape or form, so it's down to using our own minds to decipher what we are and have been told to believe by the videos put out officially, against what we see in those videos as in flaws.

The same can be said of library books. We could go and get a library book on any official story and find that it contradicts what is depicted later on in life.

There's a very good saying and it's " to be an excellent liar, you must possess and excellent memory."
The point is, some people just get a little bit too cocky whilst they tell us about space exploits and also they get sloppy, which gets picked up on by people who scrutinise what was said then to what is said today and what not.

Even you lot that are arguing the round earth, know there are many issues that at best appear strange and at worst, appear nonsensical.
I know you won't admit to it and I know you'll say something on the lines of, " no, no, I can't find anything wrong, it's all correct and the calculations are spot on."

For me, it's not about going against science. I'd prefer it all to be correct. I just know in my mind that it isn't and our history is based on a hell of a lot of fabrication and misinformation, plus some truths mixed in.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
Thanks for that clarification scepti, I only mentioned it in response to Earthisaspaceship's touting about
Now care to answer this?
So you're saying they will try to recreate Armageddon, but in real life?  When is this supposed to happen?

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

What doomsday?

I don't predict doomsdays, I'm simply saying that in the not too distant future, we will get a right con job pulled on us, probably a fake disaster scenario that'll have us all panicking and then they'll roll out the heroes to save us.

I think we live our lives through the TV. Once it's been on TV, we get to see a re-run, only this time it's not fiction. It'll be passed off as news.

No timescale then. Noted.

Thork

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 10:57:07 AM »
No timescale then. Noted.
You are a habitual low-content poster.

Hopefully your remark will find its way to angry rantings. In the mean time ...

where is your God now, mathsman?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »
Thanks for that clarification scepti, I only mentioned it in response to Earthisaspaceship's touting about
Now care to answer this?
I don't know when it will happen, but judging by the speed that they are pulling out these false flags and basically saturating us in gloom about everything, I would say something like this won't be too far off.

That's just my personal opinion. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, but i personally believe they have something like this up their sleeve.
It might not be an Armageddon type scenario but I think something is in the offing that will be sprung on us to make people crap their pants and go into panic mode.
Let's wait and see. I'm no prophet, I just have a gut feeling that something is just around the corner.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »
I agree with EarthiisaSpaceship. The mere fact that some information comes from YouTube does not negate it's insight. All information, no matter where it is from, should be inspected on some critical level before determining if it is false. I don't care if the information is from "Yahoo Answers", if the information is correct then it is not just information, it is knowledge.

You are starting to sound like a Zetectist, rottingroom. 

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

You are starting to sound like a Zetectist, rottingroom.

I'm an Empiricist.

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 03:51:31 PM »
What ISP is giving them a break on their subscription fees, while they 'suspend web site operations'?
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »
Where did you find that odes. Could be someone's idea of a huge joke.