Zetetic Cosmogony or Conclusive Evidence that some people shouldn't write books.

• 62 Replies
?

11cookeaw1

The fact of the matter is that ANY "science" book written that long ago is bound to be full of inaccuracies.

Yet the only inaccuracies posted in this thread from the work have been by an RE astronomer.

A publishing date of 1899 automatically nullifies a book as a source of scientific knowledge for any reason other than historical curiosity.

No it does not. Darwin's Origin of the Species was written in 1859, yet the observations and findings are not automatically invalid. Aristotle's equations for buoyancy are several thousand years old, yet they are still used. Truth does not have an expiration date.
You were claiming that RET says that we were once part of the sun, and you still haven't shown us that it was the generally accepted theory at the time, or whether it was any more then a hypothesis.

"Yet the only inaccuracies posted in this thread from the work have been by an RE astronomer."

A completely moot point.

"Darwin's Origin of the Species was written in 1859, yet the observations and findings are not automatically invalid."

Have you actually read On the Origin of Species?  If you were to read that book and then try to pass any test in any current genetics class or biology class you would be hopelessly out of your depth.  Yes, it is the foundation of evolutionary science, but we've learned a thing or two since then. 

"Aristotle's equations for buoyancy are several thousand years old, yet they are still used."

While this is correct, not EVERYTHING Aristotle wrote is correct.  If you were to read any of his works, from start to finish, you would find many inaccuracies.  The main point being that if you wanted to learn about buoyancy, you wouldn't go straight to aristotle, you'd find a modern book on the subject.

"Truth does not have an expiration date."

This is not 100% correct and also a moot point.  What we are concerned with is fact, not truth.  If you want to find truth, I suggest you go to church.

Is the voyager mission the only method of verifying their claims?

Only NASA has sent spacecraft to Jupiter. Everyone believes what NASA discovers without any kind of third party verification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploration_of_Jupiter

You did not answer my question and non sequitured back to your original assertion. Could you please answer my question substantially?

The answer is yes. It is only possible to verify NASA's numerous discoveries by sending spacecraft to Jupiter.

I've provided one example of amateur astronomers verifying a discovery made by the Voyager missions in this thread here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,57524.msg1447405.html#msg1447405
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --