Apollo astronauts communicating faster than the speed of light

• 32 Replies
Re: Apollo astronauts communicating faster than the speed of light
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
There are several 'FTL Apollo communications' threads, but I'm putting this here since I've already replied in this thread.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Richard Nixon telephones Armstrong on the Moon

This is a recording of the phone call from Nixon to the Apollo 11 astronauts during their first EVA.  Armstrong's and Aldrin's mics were voice-activated.  Any sound louder than a certain threshold would switch on the transmitter.  So, if the sound from the astronaut's speaker is loud enough to be picked up by his mic, then those sounds will be transmitted back to Earth.  You can hear this happen all throughout the mission audio.

In this instance, you can hear Nixon interrupting himself as his loud-ass voice is fed back to him through Armstrong's mic, and from what I can tell it takes exactly the amount of time we should expect it to take: ~3 seconds.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

?

odes

• Everything else is a fairy tale!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 09:58:29 AM »
There should be numerous 2.8-second delays. These are not only natural, but would have led to the mystique. In fact I'm surprised the psyop didn't include these, simply for effect. Somber voice-overs could have explained it to the sheeple.

As for answering each other before the other finishes: in such circumstances of uncertainty and novelty, they would have been taking great care to hear each other out. I vote "staged". And it's really the same phenomenon as we see with wartime atrocities: the psyop designers don't bother to think of every detail, and cannot do so in any case, because all they need to do is convince almost everyone. And in that they succeed.
Quote from: Rushy
No bawwing is necessary.

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »
If the communication is bi directional (both parties can speak simultaneously) then we cannot judge the signal delay by listening to their conversation. A better method is to find when there is echo, to measure the echo tail.
I think, therefore I am