Are dodoes still alive?

• 32 Replies
Are dodoes still alive?
« on: October 24, 2006, 06:59:36 AM »
Who told you that dodoes are extinct? The goverment. The same goverment that tells us that the world is round. My bretheren, I purpose that the dodo never became extinct but rather they were cross-bred with seagulls to create the creature that we know as the penguin. This is a variation in the theory put forward by Brother Dogplatter.
he Engineer and GeoGuy are douchebags. Period.

Also, they smell bad.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:19:50 AM »
Don't refer to me as "Brother Dogplatter". I don't know who you are.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:48:12 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
Don't refer to me as "Brother Dogplatter". I don't know who you are.

My apologies. No offence indended my fellow FEer.

Also, they smell bad.

?

Malleable Physics

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:14:20 PM »
Your um *cough* theory should include a purpose for the gov't...why the heck would they want to cross-breed a dodo with a seagull...

?

qwe

Re: Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 05:28:17 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Bloom"
Who told you that dodoes are extinct? The goverment. The same goverment that tells us that the world is round. My bretheren, I purpose that the dodo never became extinct but rather they were cross-bred with seagulls to create the creature that we know as the penguin. This is a variation in the theory put forward by Brother Dogplatter.

they'd still be extinct since, if their population was converted to penguins, there'd still be no more dodoes

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 02:28:33 PM »
I have heard reports of supposed dodo sightings...

I'd still go with more-often-reported creatures like Chupacabras or Bigfoot.

The dodo is a no-no.
 want a Flat-Earther to PM me, and tell me why they believe Samuel Rowbotham in the first place. If a Flat-Earther requires proof in order to believe something, then why do they believe this man, even though he provided no proof himself?

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 02:46:44 PM »
I purpose that the dodo never became extinct but rather they were cross-bred with seagulls to create the creature that we know as the penguin.

In which case male penguins should be sterile...

they'd still be extinct since, if their population was converted to penguins, there'd still be no more dodoes

Dead on.
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 05:29:36 PM »
Alas, the poor Dodo; too slow and too tasty to survive human appetite.
 believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 12:54:29 AM »
Actually dodoes meat was seaid to be of little nutritional value.

Also, they smell bad.

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 01:43:32 AM »

but tasty and slow nonetheless!  :)

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 08:49:51 AM »

Which is why they went extinct; we needed to eat a lot of them to get any nutrition from them.

?

Kamigawa

Re: Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 01:44:08 PM »

well, its possible to recreate another dodo from DNA. scientists can obtain some of the dodo's original DNA and use all sorts of whatever to make the dodo alive again. like the way japan was trying to recreate  another woolly mammoth

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »
As long as we can get the DNA from the mosquitos we could probably make some dinosaurs...  Hmmm... now you got me thinking...
ooyakasha!

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 02:22:46 PM »
Quote from: "Knight"
As long as we can get the DNA from the mosquitos we could probably make some dinosaurs...  Hmmm... now you got me thinking...

Oh god I just know how this is gonna end.

(in 2 crappy sequels)
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »
As long as we can get the DNA from the mosquitos we could probably make some dinosaurs... Hmmm... now you got me thinking...

Yes, Knight, would you like to make a theme park with me?  We can have it on an island, and people could come and see real live dinosaurs that we brought back to life... it would be great!  We could call it, "Pre-Cretaceous Funworld."
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »
Quote from: "fathomak"
As long as we can get the DNA from the mosquitos we could probably make some dinosaurs... Hmmm... now you got me thinking...

Yes, Knight, would you like to make a theme park with me?  We can have it on an island, and people could come and see real live dinosaurs that we brought back to life... it would be great!  We could call it, "Pre-Cretaceous Funworld."

Don't you guys know better than to meddle with very life itself?  Sheesh.  I hope you learn a valuable lesson from all this!
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 04:37:48 PM »
Don't you guys know better than to meddle with very life itself? Sheesh. I hope you learn a valuable lesson from all this!

Valuable indeed!  We'll be rich!

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 08:41:56 PM »

You have been tackled by my "Age of Dinosaurs" professor.  Have fun learning why that can't happen.

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:50:41 PM »
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"

You have been tackled by my "Age of Dinosaurs" professor.  Have fun learning why that can't happen.

IT CAN TOO!!! i saw a documentary on it once at the movies!

beast

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »
I look forward to the day when we can construct our own DNA and make animals however we want them to be.  Hello 8 breasted women :D

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 09:20:06 PM »
Quote from: "beast"
I look forward to the day when we can construct our own DNA and make animals however we want them to be.  Hello 8 breasted women :D

That's not a woman.  That's a cow.

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

beast

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 09:24:08 PM »
Bestiality is only a problem if you get caught.

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 04:02:36 AM »
It's not rape... if they're dead!!!  :lol:

beast

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 04:18:50 AM »
Exactly.  I love that quote :D

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »
Dead Girls Cannot Say "NO"
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »
Quote from: "woopedazz"
Quote from: "BOGWarrior89"

IT CAN TOO!!! i saw a documentary on it once at the movies!

The basic explanation is that DNA decomposes in too short of a time for it to be useful to us.

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 03:53:15 PM »
i was trying to make a joke, calling "Jurassic Park" a documentary...

beast

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »

Do or do not.  There is no try.

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »
Quote from: "beast"

Do or do not.  There is no try.

The Sand people are easily startled, but they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers.

beast

Are dodoes still alive?
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 04:07:01 PM »
The difference between my quote and your quote is that my quote is relevant to the topic while yours is not.

To express what I was trying to say through Yoda;

Everybody got your attempted joke, there isn't a person in the history of the universe who has read your comment and did not understand what you were referring to.  Unfortunately it lacked wit and wasn't funny.  You later stated that you were trying to make a joke and my point was not to try to make jokes: Either actually say funny things or don't say anything (or say it completely seriously like this post).