Things that make you laugh

• 70 Replies

beast

« on: October 23, 2006, 10:01:53 PM »
When you see something funny that isn't trying to be funny not on this forum post them here.

I just saw somebody on another forum write "WTH!?!"  At first I thought it was a typo, then I realised it was being polite.  "What the heck" instead of "What the fuck".

lol

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 10:17:09 PM »
Isn't that the soon to be departed member of the Democrats...Natasha Stott Despoja? Or however you spell her last name.

The Democrats make me laugh...such a good idea, but they have failed so badly. I wish they were still a proper party, we need a third party....

beast

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:39:37 PM »
Yeah Natasha Stott Despoja rocks.  You might notice a trend in my avatars - Major Michael Mori, Barnaby Joyce, Natash Stott Despoja.  All people involved in Australia politics who have demonstrated a great amount of integrity.

The democrats make me cry.  I think they were a good party until the GST came along - Meg Lees destroyed the party.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 10:44:19 PM »
Turncoat! Not as bad as Cheryl 'Turncoat' Kernot, or so she was called.

I wish they were a viable party...I'd probably vote for them. Independants are fine...but too narrow focussed.

Is there already an Australian Politics thread? Don't want to clog up this one if there is another.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 12:58:40 AM »
For some reason, even though I visit the forums at Control+Alt+Delete (Web comic) a lot (every day at least), every time I look at the top of the forums, it makes me laugh, because there's a picture of Ethan (the 'protagonist' in the comic strips), saying, "Welcome to the forums. Play nice or we'll kill you."

It makes me laugh every time I look at it...So horribly blunt.

~D-Draw

?

mjk

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 01:14:53 AM »
online rpgs make me laugh.

i have an odd sense of humour.
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 01:24:02 AM »
Q: what's the difference between pimples and a priest?

A: Pimples don't come on ur face till after u turn 13.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: what does an aboriginal get after sex?

A: 20 years!

sorry to those who found my humour offensive, if you'd like to hear more, give me a shout  :D

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 01:46:05 AM »
Q: why did the teacher stop the aboriginal child playing in the sand pit?

A: cos the cat kept burying him.

Q: wats black and white and rolls along the beach?

A: an aboriginal and a seagull fighting for a chip.

Q: wats the 3 hardest years of an aboriginals life?

A: Year 5

beast

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 03:24:20 AM »
This isn't a topic for jokes.

Quote from: "beast"
When you see something funny that isn't trying to be funny not on this forum post them here.

Although I guess those jokes aren't really trying to be funny but just make it clear that the teller is a racist incase anybody wasn't aware.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 03:57:19 AM »
man i know u've got mixed heritage (by this i mean that i understand if u r sensitive to racism), but these jokes do not hurt anyone visting this forum. if you can name one aboriginal that has ever visited this forum then i will be an incredibly embaressed and repenting guy...but the fact is that there isn't one.

i have many asian, indian, european, and even an american friend...im no racist. i always give coins to beggars, no matter wat race, ESPECIALLY if they're aboriginal.

get over urself man, not every white boy is a redneck racist. these jokes were in jest, to a minority which i can guarentee will never visit this site...argue all u want about equality and such, the fact is aboriginals will never be able to gain the resources to visit this site becos the government couldnt give a shit, and those who can afford to would not come to a flat earth society forum anyway.

i wasn't trying to incite some goddam race riot

beast

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 05:24:22 AM »
In my experience most racists don't think they're racist.  But I think you should look at the size of my response compared with your response.  If I thought it was a big deal I would have written a lot more than one line.  

You are right, I'm very sensitive to racism and I point it out whenever I see it.  I don't think people who have not experienced genuine directed racism understand why it's so wrong or they wouldn't make jokes about it or complain that positive discrimination is racism.  You could definitely view my views on racism as personal scars from trauma when I was young and that could be the case.  I fully accept that maybe my emotional reaction to racism is over the top and stems from my personal problems relating to racism.  You can choose to respect the way I feel or not.  I do know that if you keep posting racist comments I'll keep calling you racist.  It's like that topic about pedophiles.  You clearly have an emotional response to that topic because of events that have happened in your life and I've respected that and stopped posting in the topic even though I disagreed with what you had to say (that the topic should be locked).  I'm happy to respect the way you feel about that.  When you make racist posts, I feel the same way as you feel when you perceive people are defending pedophilia.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
OMG THATS RACIST!!

I'm not racist.  My best friend is black!  And I'm not a homophobe--a lot of my good friends are gay!  I don't mind it as long as they don't hit on me or anything!!!!  LOL!

(By the way, that was a small paragraph of some the most bigoted, offensive phrases I've ever heard--including the "LOL")
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 08:10:39 PM »
u guys take shit way to seriously, go eat sum rice chinaman

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 08:11:37 PM »
(btw that was wat racism sounds like)

?

mjk

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 11:49:11 PM »
beast thinks all white people are racist :lol:

jk k?

racism is an excuse for slavery, but everyone make good slaves!
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 05:28:14 AM »
Round Earth Theory makes me laugh.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »
Quote from: "woopedazz"
man i know u've got mixed heritage (by this i mean that i understand if u r sensitive to racism), but these jokes do not hurt anyone visting this forum. if you can name one aboriginal that has ever visited this forum then i will be an incredibly embaressed and repenting guy...but the fact is that there isn't one.

i have many asian, indian, european, and even an american friend...im no racist. i always give coins to beggars, no matter wat race, ESPECIALLY if they're aboriginal.

get over urself man, not every white boy is a redneck racist. these jokes were in jest, to a minority which i can guarentee will never visit this site...argue all u want about equality and such, the fact is aboriginals will never be able to gain the resources to visit this site becos the government couldnt give a shit, and those who can afford to would not come to a flat earth society forum anyway.

i wasn't trying to incite some goddam race riot

You're an idiot. Your defence could be used as a description FOR racism. I can only hope the internet connection to Mt Druitt is cut sometime soon, to save us from your ridiculous views.

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 02:16:03 AM »
i don't understand why everyone is getting so upset over jokes that have nothing to do with them? and then when i try to defend myself from personal attacks, when i myself was not being personal...i get even more criticism?

lol, my views are not ridiculous, they are the views of basically every australian...never heard an asian or indian telling an aboriginal joke?!?!

oh, and also thanks to all those people who PM'ed me telling me that they thought the jokes were funny, it was much appreciated...pity that not everyone holds the same views

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 02:30:05 AM »
Quote from: "mjk"
online rpgs make me laugh.

i have an odd sense of humour.

OMFG RUNESCAPE

:cry:  :P  :twisted:  :roll:  :idea:  :x  :shock:  :D  :lol:  8-)  :!:  :evil:  :arrow:  :wink:  :oops:  :P  8-)  :(  :twisted:  :x  :P  :oops:  :D  :?:  :!:
person without religion is like a fish without a bike

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 02:35:26 AM »
lol, my views are not ridiculous, they are the views of basically every australian...never heard an asian or indian telling an aboriginal joke?!?!

Hey... Im australian, and I dont think that way about Aboriginals!!!

Uh... whats an aboriginal? Is it a type of sandwich?
person without religion is like a fish without a bike

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 03:56:54 AM »
Quote from: "Who da man"

Hey... Im australian, and I dont think that way about Aboriginals!!!

Uh... whats an aboriginal? Is it a type of sandwich?

why did u write aboriginal with a capital A, and autralian with a lower case? im a racist and i find it offensive that u put aboriginals above the true australians.  :roll:

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 06:08:08 AM »
i don't understand why everyone is getting so upset over jokes that have nothing to do with them? and then when i try to defend myself from personal attacks, when i myself was not being personal...i get even more criticism?

oh, and also thanks to all those people who PM'ed me telling me that they thought the jokes were funny, it was much appreciated...pity that not everyone holds the same views

It has everything to do with us if you're telling people all AUstralians are stupid racists. Your jokes are mildly amusing, until I realised that you actually believe this on the inside. Interesting that people chose to PM you to tell you the jokes were funny - clearly not as open about their racist hate as you are... or they don't exist....

why did u write aboriginal with a capital A, and autralian with a lower case? im a racist and i find it offensive that u put aboriginals above the true australians.  :roll:

This just further serves my point.

beast

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 06:23:49 AM »
I don't think it's worth arguing this point with Woopedazz.  We're not going to manage to change his views - he's definitely not going to change ours.  The fact is that there are a lot of racists not just in Australia, but in the world and they just will never get it.  My policy is always to tell people that they're racist but if they're too narrow minded to understand why then I have never managed to show them why they're wrong and it's not worth the effort.  I always just remember that regardless of how well they understand racism, they have so little respect for how I feel that they're really not worth worrying about at all.

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 08:15:53 AM »
Who's that in your avatar, Rick?

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »
I PM'ed him saying I thought his jokes were funny, because they were, I think PC has gone way too far in the world today.  I make racial jokes everyday,  I balance it out by targeting pretty much everyone... but that is entirely beside the point, people need to take humor as humor and nothing else.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

beast

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 09:32:18 AM »
I think there is a balance that hasn't been reached in terms of how pc things are.  Certainly there are times where PC goes too far.  I don't think opposing racism has anything to do with it.  This is what I mean about people who haven't experienced racism not really being able to comprehend it.  In any event, if you're unsure why something is insulting but you've been assured that it is insulting and it doesn't really effect you in anyway then why would you continue to do it?

I also think it's important to think about context.  I tell jokes that could be construed as racist jokes at times and I have friends who do too.  The difference is that I know that in these cases the people are telling the joke because it's funny to pretend to be a racist - not because we actually find the joke on its own funny - it's the person saying it that makes it funny.  Also the jokes I tell are things like; "Like all Jews, you're a racist" - which is funny because it's a racist joke calling people racist.  Talking to people you don't know only using text is a completely different thing.  If a stranger came up to me and told me a racist joke I would never be friends with them and I might never talk to them again.  I can give you an example of this.  There was this busker who I saw fairly often on the way to work.  I always gave him money and I enjoyed his music.  One day I was hanging around near where he was playing and a group of Asian tourists walked past and gave him some money.  He became excited and said "Your kind never give me money."  - The reason this is racist is because he's seperating people based on their race and he's saying that usually Asian (or Chinese) people never give him money.  Since he said that I scowl every time I walk past him and have never given him another cent.  I refuse to tolerate racism or racists.  When you're writing on internet forums people can only judge you by what you write and they can't know how you felt about what you wrote.  So people who right racists things on internet forums are either genuine racists or they're too stupid to know better (which most racists are anyway).  The racists I've met would strongly deny that they're racists.  Most racists don't actually know what racism is.  Whatever.  I can't respect people I percieve as racists.  If I percieve you as racist and you're not that's just bad luck for you.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »
Quote from: "cadmium_blimp"
Who's that in your avatar, Rick?

It's Rick James, B I T C H!  ...But seriously.  It's Rick James in his avatar.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 10:47:22 AM »
Talking to people you don't know only using text is a completely different thing.

Good point.    

He became excited and said "Your kind never give me money."  - The reason this is racist is because he's seperating people based on their race and he's saying that usually Asian (or Chinese) people never give him money.

He may have been making an observation and didn't know better than to keep his mouth shut.  How do you know it isn't true that Asian people generally don't give him money, while other people do?

Since he said that I scowl every time I walk past him and have never given him another cent.

Have you ever told him why you scowl and no longer give him money?

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 12:13:32 AM »
pfft, so by making jokes that i tell my asian friends (who laughed very hard mind u) on a forum...makes me a racist... dude wtf?!?! dont take things so personally, ur not the angel of political correctness

obviously i didnt realise that on a forum which gets blasted every day by ppl saying "Ur all fking retarded" there was such a whiner about jokes which had nothing to do with him.

beast

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 01:43:15 AM »
Are you saying that being Asian means you can't be racist?  Are only white people racists?

You're not telling jokes to your friends on this forum - you're telling them to the general public.  There is a huge difference.