Things that make you laugh

• 70 Replies
?

mjk

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 05:30:11 AM »
Asians arent racist, get it in ya head dopey.
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

beast

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 05:31:02 AM »
All Jews are racist.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:03 AM »
Quote from: "beast"
Are you saying that being Asian means you can't be racist?  Are only white people racists?

Haha.  That is such crap, but for some reason it seems to be the general consensus.  Back when I lived in Georgia (and yes, I'm a white boy), I was often automatically labeled as racist just because of my color.  Ohhh, the irony.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »
All Jews are racist.

u r fucking with me...

You're not telling jokes to your friends on this forum - you're telling them to the general public. There is a huge difference.

So people who right racists things on internet forums are either genuine racists or they're too stupid to know better (which most racists are anyway).

people need to take humor as humor and nothing else.

...what the hell?!?!?!

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 07:45:34 PM »
You are the most inconceivably self-righteious person i have ever witnessed... at least i admit my faults, racism not being among them

heres your post about me letting my personal experience on paedophilia victims get in the way of my thinking:

You may have some kind of emotional response on this issue but all that really means is that your views are biased. When we're making decisions that so seriously effect people's lives surely we should make the decision in an objective and rational frame of mind.

in this topic u have a cry about being an asian (i dont understand wats so terrible about it? all my friends seem to cope quite well), and having witnessed racism...how the hell is this different in ANY form from me offering MY personal views in this other topic?!?!

beast

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 11:08:04 PM »
Yes, I tried to explain how I stopped posting in that topic to respect how you felt about it and asked you to do the same.  You responded with a complete disregard for how I felt and so I lost my respect for you.  Pretty childish of me, yes, but I was trying to prove a point.  The point is that you might feel like what you're doing is right but if it hurts other people and you don't gain anything from doing it, it might be better not to do it.  I don't think racist jokes should be banned and that people who say them should be put in jail.  I would actually defend somebodies right to say a racist joke (in an appropriate place) if people did try to ban them.  However I'm asking you not to tell them.  You don't have to respect me - just as I don't have to respect you.  In that the pedophile topic I did respect you when it became clear to me how personal an issue it was for you.  Then when in similar circumstances you showed no respect for me, I felt I should make a point about it.

I have plenty of faults and self righteousness is probably one of them.  Where in this topic was it relevent for me to admit my faults.

Also I really really hate the way people say "I have Asian friends and they think it's ok for me to whatever.  Therefor you should be ok with it too."  - This is a racist view - all people of a particular race are not the same.  At my school 1 in 20 kids were non white and 1 in 60 kids were Asian.  None of the other Asian kids were really in my friendship groups.  There is nothing about me that is Asian apart from the fact that my Dad was from Japan.  You can't compare people of different races and expect them to act the same and then attack them for not being the same.  

My comment about Jews is only funny if you recognise that it's a hypocritical comment.  You're racist jokes are completely different.  They aren't funny because they're racist - their humour comes from the fact that they're playing on the stereotype of Aborigines being losers etc.  My joke doesn't make fun of Jews, it makes fun of racists.  I think that's pretty clear.

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 11:18:54 PM »
Beast, I must say I agree with you.
 captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 11:39:25 PM »
lesson learnt  8-)

i will try to refrain from telling jokes that i find funny that may offend some people

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 11:41:11 PM »
Also I really really hate the way people say "I have Asian friends and they think it's ok for me to whatever.  Therefor you should be ok with it too."  - This is a racist view - all people of a particular race are not the same.

This is definitely true.  My friend Derek is German and hates Jews, but that doesn't mean all Germans hate Jews.  Heh.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2006, 02:15:58 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Some Muslims hate Jews, but I don't ( damned shame that I never really met one, though), and a lot of other Muslims feel the same.
Courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Muslim.

beast

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2006, 03:39:52 AM »
Cue inspirational music and girls crying.

Now that that's out of the way, perhaps we can return to people posting things that aren't supposed to be funny but that make you laugh

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2006, 03:52:09 AM »
Sorry man, I got nothing. :oops:

beast

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2006, 03:56:46 AM »
You don't have to post one right away - wait until you see it before posting :)

Emo kids make me laugh.  I walked past a group today and I actually couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2006, 04:44:48 AM »
how do you make a hankerchief dance?

put a little bogey in it!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

beast

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2006, 04:58:54 AM »
This is a topic for posting things that aren't meant to be funny but make you laugh[/size].

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 07:40:18 AM »
me annoying beast  :D

lol sif that hankerchief joke is anywhere near funny...its corny!

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2006, 09:32:31 AM »
Cue inspirational music and girls crying.

Now that that's out of the way, perhaps we can return to people posting things that aren't supposed to be funny but that make you laugh

Well, I think it's funny that Derek hates Jews, but that's just me.  XD
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2006, 07:04:15 PM »
a feminest actually taking offense to Borat, and posting her views on some feminest website, only to be laughed at by other feminests telling her he was an actor  :lol:

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2006, 11:57:01 PM »
Hypothetically, I would think it's funny when people unintentionally slip on banana peels.  Unfortunately, I have never actually seen this happen in real life so I don't know if I would actually laugh or not.

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

beast

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 03:38:16 AM »
Round Eathers definitely make me laugh.  It's just so funny how frustrated they get.  :D

edit: This was my 1000th post :)  What a great tribute to my time on this forum :)

?

mjk

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 03:44:01 AM »
Quote from: "cadmium_blimp"
Hypothetically, I would think it's funny when people unintentionally slip on banana peels.  Unfortunately, I have never actually seen this happen in real life so I don't know if I would actually laugh or not.

i have seen thins, about 6 years ago.  it is fucking hilarious.  definatly worthy of rememberence in the archieves of the jedi.
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006, 07:59:12 AM »
I saw someone slip, but not fall, I was incredibly  dissapointed.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006, 08:23:09 AM »
I was at a high end bar a while ago and the waitresses had small candles on their trays.  This one comes up to me and the wife and askes if we want something to drink.  We were still fine, so we tell her 'not right now'.  She gets a little pissy and does a little disgusted hair flip.  Well, the ends of her hair land right in THE CANDLE!!!  The ends catch on FIRE and she doesn't immediately notice.  As she turns away, she notices and snuffs out the fire with her hands.  It took all the strength I had to wait until she walked away before I started laughing.  I felt bad since she was kind of on fire, but damn, it was funny!

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 10:03:08 AM »
Dang, she was smokin'!

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
Round Earth Theory makes me laugh.

The fact that it makes you laugh makes me laugh :P
he earth is a giant frisbee being thrown around the universe by George Bush and Zeus.

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2006, 12:20:13 PM »
The apparent stupidity and ignorance of our average adolescent ( at least a lot of the ones I know).

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2006, 12:54:46 PM »
Quote from: "cadmium_blimp"
Dang, she was smokin'!

She was so hot, she was on fire!

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2006, 05:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "Jveritas8"

the fact that you said this to Dogplatter makes me laugh
quote="DiegoDraw"]"And Moses said unto his brethren: 'The Earth is flat!...biznatches,'" [/quote]
DOT INFO

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2006, 05:19:16 PM »
Quote from: "The_Earth_Does_Not_Exist"

Your signature makes me laugh.  :P
the cake is a lie

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »
Quote from: "The_Earth_Does_Not_Exist"

good :)
he earth is a giant frisbee being thrown around the universe by George Bush and Zeus.