Round Earth - Flat Earth Interchange

• 18 Replies
?

robintex

• Ranters
Round Earth - Flat Earth Interchange
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:05:49 PM »
This is just a suggestion and an idea.:

How would it be to have  a Flat Earth - Round Earth interchange meeting ?.

For example a RE could have a FE as his guest to some astronomical observatory. The FE and the RE would have the opportunity to discuss both views with the astronomers.

The FE could have the RE as his guest to sources for FE information in return.

For example :
I have been a visitor to Mc Donald Observatory at Fort Davis, Texas. I would volunteer to pay for admission to all the tours and especially the Star Party for one guest. I am afraid offering to pay for transporation and lodging would be a a bit out of my budget so I won't go that far in my generosity.

There must be RE's and FE's all over the world who would have access to observatories near them and this could be a world wide exchange program.

Just an idea.

I would be interested in any comments - pro and con.

Maybe if enough persons were interested, this could be developed into some kind of a seminar type thing.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Round Earth - Flat Earth Interchange
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
Do you really think that would happen?

You would have to serve lunch.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
I think this would be a great idea.  I think its too easy for most of us REs to dismiss FEs as wild eyed lunatics when tossing comments back and forth on internet forums.  Id love a chance to meet some members of the FES in person as a chance to have a much more fluid dialog.  Any FES in southern MN?

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
why don't we do this at the FE Museum Grand Opening?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
I still need a Chief Security Officer. I am certain there will be many assassination attempts. I have already received countless threats from the RE manace.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
Do you really think that would happen?

You would have to serve lunch.

To be honest, I don't think it would really ever happen. Just an idea.

I'll include lunch for my guest if you'll settle for Mc Donald's.

Just curious if we could get a sampling of where RE's and FE's are located.

RE here. Texas.

Another idea.:
It would seem an organization as old and as large as the Flat Earth Society would have a convention  or meeting every year as do many organizations.
For example the ham radio operators have an American Radio Relay League convention every year. A lot of military organizations have reunons every year.
When was the last Flat Earth Society convention or meeting and where was it held ?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:26:49 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
RE Oregon.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »
I still need a Chief Security Officer. I am certain there will be many assassination attempts. I have already received countless threats from the RE manace.

I thought Rushy applied?  ???

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »
I would for sure have an Iced Coffee. 

I'm a simple guy.

Good to talk to you friend.

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »
Fellowship with other FES members, publicity from media, and a chance to debate in person with us REs. For the FES to be taken seriously this is a necessary and logical step.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »
This is a stupid idea.

Theres no point in trying to prove anything to the masses, you either "get it" or you dont.  Simple as that.

And could you imagine how putrid FES would become if we actually ended up convincing everyone and we got flooded with millions of football fans and television-heads.

no thank you.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
This is a stupid idea.

Theres no point in trying to prove anything to the masses, you either "get it" or you dont.  Simple as that.

And could you imagine how putrid FES would become if we actually ended up convincing everyone and we got flooded with millions of football fans and television-heads.

no thank you.

I hereby withdraw my suggestion.

However,  As an amateur radio operator I have attended some meetings and conventions. Some spectators and visitors became hams because of interest in what that they saw at these conventions. Maybe the Flat Earth Society might get some recruits if they held conventions, meetings or seminars. The FES just  might be missing out on a way to tell their story.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:53:54 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »
This is a stupid idea.

no thank you.

I know right?  Who would want to live in a world where the truth is known...
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »
I've done some deep thinking on this.

It is what it is. F** it, look we know , isn't that enough?

There is a much deeper problem than the world knowing the earth is flat. A problem that can't be fixed by simply knowing the earth is flat.

The EARTH IS FLAT!, yes but the big man upstairs this is all part of his plan , everyone not knowing. This is no coincidence, otherwise they would all know. this is some kind of test.

I dont know about you but all things considered, as I've been thinking. We should just be thankful we as individuals have figured this out. Seriously what else are we gonna do, look through history? What you think 100 years from now we are going to be the new government or something? Get real!!  Just be a good person and raise your families right and fight the good fight on a personal individual level, dont do drugs and live a good life.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 07:12:30 AM »

There is a much deeper problem than the world knowing the earth is flat. A problem that can't be fixed by simply knowing the earth is flat.

The EARTH IS FLAT!, yes but the big man upstairs this is all part of his plan , everyone not knowing. This is no coincidence, otherwise they would all know. this is some kind of test.

I dont know about you but all things considered, as I've been thinking. We should just be thankful we as individuals have figured this out. Seriously what else are we gonna do, look through history? What you think 100 years from now we are going to be the new government or something? Get real!!  Just be a good person and raise your families right and fight the good fight on a personal individual level, dont do drugs and live a good life.

Whoa, you think people are ignorant of the Earth's shape because God ordained it?  So then you must also think that God has a special plan for TFES, since you all were allowed to learn this. This gets real scary, real quick.

PS. Which drugs should I avoid?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 07:42:57 AM »

Whoa, you think people are ignorant of the Earth's shape because God ordained it?  So then you must also think that God has a special plan for TFES, since you all were allowed to learn this. This gets real scary, real quick.

PS. Which drugs should I avoid?
You should stop taking drugs immediately.
God is real.                                         

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 10:31:02 AM »
So... Chemotherapy is no good?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 04:54:01 PM »
So... Chemotherapy is no good?
I am talking about illicit drugs. You should talk to your doctor about chemo, not me.
God is real.                                         

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »
hoppys not a doctor?  ???