Steven Christ

• 11 Replies
Steven Christ
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:52:14 AM »
He says the sky curves upward and is made of glass and when we see the sun rise, it's actually moving down, towards us and when it sets, it's moving up away from us.  It's a 180 degree opposition. This explains why the sun appears to melt into the ocean and go below the horizon. It also explains why the sun is so hot midday compared to sunrise and sunset.

The Earth is round and inverted, curving upward (see rectilinear experiment). That is why we always see the horizon at eye level, no matter how high up we go.  The flat Earth is an optical illusion because light bends.

He says the galaxies are spiral shaped because "space" is water and everything above the glass sky is spinning.

This makes more sense to me than what NASA has been telling us.

*I am not a Christian but I do believe SOMETHING created the Earth and everything inside it.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Re: Steven Christ
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »
That guy has wild and unfounded ideas. An inverted earth has an insane number of problems, the most obvious being how we remain on the inverted surface.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
Pressure keeps us down.

Pressure from what exactly?  This sounds suspiciously like sceptimatic's Ad Hoc justifications.  You should break out of his mold and elaborate somewhat.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
As has been said countless times before, pressure applies to all sides equally (just ever so slightly more from below actually).

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:06:08 AM »
He says the sky curves upward and is made of glass and when we see the sun rise, it's actually moving down, towards us and when it sets, it's moving up away from us.  It's a 180 degree opposition. This explains why the sun appears to melt into the ocean and go below the horizon. It also explains why the sun is so hot midday compared to sunrise and sunset.

The Earth is round and inverted, curving upward (see rectilinear experiment). That is why we always see the horizon at eye level, no matter how high up we go.  The flat Earth is an optical illusion because light bends.

He says the galaxies are spiral shaped because "space" is water and everything above the glass sky is spinning.

*I am not a Christian but I do believe SOMETHING created the Earth and everything inside it.

This sounds like the deranged ramblings of a man who has lost most connections to reality.

?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:32 AM »

This sounds like the deranged ramblings of a man who has lost most connections to reality.

It appears that a threat on competence reveals its ugly head.  However, we deal with real world connections and experiments that require not billions of dollars of smoke screening, complex instruments, and military classification clearances.  We deal with the simple existence of telescopes and make predictions that make themselves available to even the lower classes.  Do not trust the smoke screens of false departmentalization.  Do not trust the knowledge that requires leaning on over lofty questionable evidence.  This world represents a fantastic miracle, not a contrived fluke of chance.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:41:55 AM by Jingle Jangle »

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 07:41:51 AM »

It appears that a threat on competence reveals it ugly head.  However, we deal with real world connections and experiments that require not billions of dollars of smoke screening, complex instruments, and military classification clearances.  We deal with the simple existence of telescopes and make predictions that make themselves available to even the lower classes.  Do not trust the smoke screens of false departmentalization.

Those simple experiments with telescopes verify what NASA says, not flat earth theories.

?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »
the telescope at eye level validates what we believe.  People just jump ahead to the false evidence, instead of remaining effectively simple...

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 08:05:02 AM »
the telescope at eye level validates what we believe.  People just jump ahead to the false evidence, instead of remaining effectively simple...

Really? Because I disproved the flat Earth with a spirit level, a set square, and a yard stick. No telescope needed.

The telescope at eye level thing also disproved flat Earth in the Bedford Level Experiment. I'm really kinda getting sick of posting these images, but here you go. The Bedford Level Experiment explained.

Figure 1 is what would be expected with a Round Earth--that being the telescope seeing the upper disk as being higher than the flag on the bridge.

Figure 2 is what would be expected with a Flat Earth--that being the telescope, the upper disk, and the flag on the bridge all in a line, one behind the other.

What was seen:

Not satisfied, Hampden insisted they get a level. They got a Troughton's level and when both parties were satisfied that the instrument was set up properly, both parties drew and signed as correct the following diagrams:

The Troughton's Level is an inverting telescope and the horizontal line is 'eye level' with the telescope. Those images can be best explained with the following diagram:

So no, eye-level telescopes do not conform to a flat-Earth.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:02:23 AM by Alex Tomasovich »

DuckDodgers

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
If this were true, you would be able to take a telescope, look able the horizon and see new York from England or similar distant things, which has never been done.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »
Why can't we see the lights from other countries when we look up at night?  Or rather, why can't we see them illuminated by the sun while it's our nighttime?

Good, this is called 'science'. You have a model (We live on the inside of a hollow sphere). You have a hypothesis (We should be able to see lights from other countries when we look up at night). You have an experiment (Look up at night). You have an observation (We don't see lights from other countries). Logic then dictates that the model (We live on the inside of a hollow sphere) is wrong.

If Q then P.
Not P.
Therefore, not Q.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
Just because we pose questions does not mean there aren't answers.  There may be an explanation for it.  For instance, the sun blocks our view of the stars during the day but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

That's true. So you could develop more experiments to test this model. Such as:

If Steven's model were true and I pointed my telescope toward the Three Sisters, I should be able to see them above Mt. Jefferson, seeing as they're farther away.

If Steven's model were true and night were falling, I should see the day-night terminator sweeping away upward and to the west across the nearer parts of the Earth.

However, when I attempt to observe these tell-tale phenomena, I see something different. For one, I cannot see the Sisters no matter where in the sky I look, and when I drive toward them they rise up out of the ground instead of descending from the sky. And instead of watching the day-night terminator advance away from me to the west, I see the eastern sky darken from the bottom-up.

So here we have:

If Q then P.
If Q then R.
If Q then S.
Not P.
Not R.
Not S.
Therefore, not Q.

If you feel something might be blocking our view of these phenomena (never mind that the mountains appear from the opposite direction as predicted in this model), then develop a theory for this object and develop experiments to test whether this object exists. But you can't use your original hypothesis as evidence. The following is not allowed:

"If Steven's model were true, we should be able to see other countries at night. We cannot see other countries at night because Object is blocking our view. I know Object exists because it blocks our view of other countries at night. Thus, Steven's model is true."