EverQuest Next

• 4 Replies

Supertails

• what do i put here
EverQuest Next
« on: August 03, 2013, 04:33:38 AM »
Well, colour me curious. I've had yet to find an MMO that holds my interest for more than a couple of days at most (usually much, much less), so something like this would be a neat experience.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:41:13 AM by Supertails »
Recently listened to:

Lorddave

Re: EverQuest Next
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 04:47:49 AM »
Oh come now.  Ever changing maps? Randomly generated holes in the ground?  Allowing player made buildings into the main map?

There is no way their servers can handle that load.  Not unless they really cap the player count.  I mean, imagine 5,000 players fighting 5,000 elementals that destroy 5,000 buildings, all within 2 minutes.  The game would have to constantly update player map data.  The bandwidth alone would choke them, not to mention the rewriting of the map data every few seconds.

This is a lot of marketing BS that will fail to deliver.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Genius

• Professor of Geniustology
Re: Okay, so this video....
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:59:39 AM »
While watching this, I'm quite impressed by what they're attempting to do, but all I can hear in the back of my head is Peter Molyneux...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:12:36 AM by Genius »
The earth is round because the space man said so.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
Funny how this site attracts...ah, repeating that is getting old now.  It was the best post Archibald ever made on this website, though.  It deserved to be used a few more times.

?

Crudblud

• Scone Advocate
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 05:31:55 AM »
"EverQuest Next Could Fix Everything Wrong With MMORPGs"

Most of what's wrong with MMOs, as I have said many times before, is down to the communities themselves. Unless the devs are planning on putting some sort of subliminal behavioural modification system into the game it's going to suffer from exactly the same main problem as every other MMO in history.