The FE map

• 101 Replies

JackBlack

Re: The FE map
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2021, 01:51:26 AM »
You cannot draw map of the earth. Earth is infinite North to South and works like a cylinder east to west. Read Worlds Beyond the Poles. Earth is a flat plane and cylinder at the same time. When you go West or East you return to the same place due to the 4th dimensional loop.
We have been over this before, you don't need a 4th dimension.
But observations clearly show it isn't flat.
If this was the case, the sky would be repeated. It isn't A simple example is the midnight sun which would function fundamentally differently.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2021, 06:36:54 AM »
You cannot draw map of the earth. Earth is infinite North to South and works like a cylinder east to west. Read Worlds Beyond the Poles. Earth is a flat plane and cylinder at the same time. When you go West or East you return to the same place due to the 4th dimensional loop.

If the Earth had an infinite amount of atmosphere we wouldn't be able to pollute ours so badly, it would all just blow away.

We can track pollution, dust, radiation, storms and weather and have never see it just blow 'off the map' anywhere. They are tracked circling the Earth just like one would expect on a globe. Hurricanes don't just stroll in out of nowhere.

Seismic events would also be seen traveling in one direction, and we should be seeing quakes from areas beyond what we have explored if the Earth was infinite.

We have sensors that can track lightning in real time anywhere on the Earth and strangely, nothing shows up except for explored areas. Does lightning not exist on the infinite Earth?

There are so many problems with this idea, but it's really fun to imagine the consequences. So thanks again for that.  ;D

But wow that would be nice if there was infinite air and land and water for us to use. What an amazing resource that could be exploited. All the fresh water we could ever want. Million mile long strip mines and nobody would care. Can't fill up an infinitely long landfill! I wonder why nobody has tried.. humans are generally pretty bad at leaving untapped resources alone. I'm going to guess the reason we are not exploiting this infinite land is that it's not real.  ::)

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2021, 11:13:13 AM »
well then we get into the question no one will answer

is mercator a valid projection map for FE?

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2021, 05:13:15 AM »

New Earth, what the devil are you into now? A flat earth book with a different twist, by the looks of things. Why don't you just call the global earth a flat plane with an infinite surface? Just putting it out there........

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2021, 09:14:51 AM »

Infinite North to South is it? How did Ranulph Fiennes manage in his TransGLOBE expedition https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transglobe_Expedition?

LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »
Even if the flt earth is on an infinite plain, the "known parts" of the earth - the continents that appear in conventional maps - could be mapped up to the boundaries of the known earth.  And it would seem to me that any (or every) cartographer would be interested in working up a true map of the flat planet.  And the true maps of the flat planet would all look the same; a flat floor plan on a flat page without any fancy math to project from a sphere.

Now, why hasn't the FE movement come up with a true map of the flat planet?  That old azimuthal equidistant map with the North Pole at dead center certainly isn't a true map. 

The FE movement loses credibility by its inability to produce a true map of the flat earth.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2021, 01:52:14 PM »
Hello everybody

Some 4 years ago i queried why the FES hasn't contacted a cartographer to draw up a correct map of the Earth. I was informed by a few of your members that it was a task in hand, being as i was around during the hoodie fiasco i didn't hold out much hope. However, i did wonder if your esteemed members had given any further thought to taking the matter forward?

With kind regards

Monkeybradders

I need a map that reflects the Earth to avoid getting lost all the time.
I'm tired of RE based maps that are not accurate.
Imagine flying over the Atlantic making corrections all the time! Thanks god for the flight computer.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2021, 01:58:14 PM »
is mercator a thing?
valid?
come on.
there was a tomB post where he used it.
i can't find the post.
anyone?

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2021, 08:47:49 PM »
The Mercator projection of the world is famous or notorious for having all the longitude lines straight and parallel right up to the poles.  Distances are difficult - almost impossible - to measure on Mercator's projection.  However, for mapping smaller area, such as a city or county, Mercator is perfectly acceptable.

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2021, 05:29:11 AM »
Yes its distorted to make the small dick eurpeans happier

But is it relevant to a flat earther?

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »
There are entire books, and websites, displaying various projections for drawing maps on flat paper. The Mercator is now used mostly for wallpaper, serious atlases use a variety of more sophisticated projections.  That old FE map with the North Pole dead center and the South Pole spread all over the edge (similar to the UN emblem) is the Azimuthal Equidistant projection but distances only work when exactly north-and-south; east-west distances are distorted.

A good cartographer can draw you a map of the world in any of a hundred projections, but you won't find one who believes the Earth is flat.

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2021, 06:18:33 PM »
Books on map projections can be found in your public library under Dewey number 526.

Understanding Map Projections by Melita Kennedy and Steve Kopp (2000) displays about 60 different projections, some of which (about 30) are good only for world maps and about dozen useful only for small areas like England and the rest suitable for continents.  Each projection has its advantages and disadvantages and most, if of a large enough area, have serious distortion at the edges.  All of them presuppose that the Earth is ROUND.  Even Mercator's projection, dating from 1569, was baed on a round Earth.

If the Earth really was flat then mapmaking would be a breeze; essentially a floor plan and the only math required would be the scale of reduction.  And every world map would look like every other world map - there'd be no different projections.  But this can't happen because the Earth is ROUND!